Deer preseason 2016

Record TN deer taken... looks like part of the Oak Ridge herd.

Tennessee deer to be certified a world record

$

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but:

I grew up whitetail hunting in middle TN and strayed away from it in college but now am looking to get back into it. I'm in east TN now and I'd like to get a deer this season before it's too late.

I'm looking for a place to hunt if there is anywhere someone could point me around here. I've been asking around at work for someone who knows of private land but no leads yet. Any suggestions will help. Thanks and go Vols!

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but:

I grew up whitetail hunting in middle TN and strayed away from it in college but now am looking to get back into it. I'm in east TN now and I'd like to get a deer this season before it's too late.

I'm looking for a place to hunt if there is anywhere someone could point me around here. I've been asking around at work for someone who knows of private land but no leads yet. Any suggestions will help. Thanks and go Vols!

Deer season ended yesterday in Tennessee unless you are in unit L, west Tennessee or you're a young sportsman.

Just got my deer back from the taxidermist. Got back a couple months early due to him having to move storages around. I'm happy with it, now to just find a place on the wall that won't tick of the wife too much. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG9501531.jpg
    IMG9501531.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 4 people
I hope you hunters have a banner year.. I see more deer than I see squirrels in the morning .

Thanks Chatsworth and Tony too!
Really neat buck you harvested, those long brow tunes are cool. I'm having my 2016 buck mounted as well but I don't expect to have it until mid-summer.

Really neat buck you harvested, those long brow tunes are cool. I'm having my 2016 buck mounted as well but I don't expect to have it until mid-summer.

Got any photos of your buck that you're going to get mounted? What was it? 8 pointer or what? Thanks.

Thanks. That's a nice 11 point buck. The biggest or one with the most points I've killed is an 8 pointer. Field dressed at 145lbs. Yours looks to weigh quite a bit more than that. Nice rack too. I'd say yours dressed at 175+ didn't it? Thanks for sharing that photo with me.

I will be 46 years old next week & my health hasn't allowed me to go hunting the past 3 years. Back when I was 35 years old I missed a 12 point buck that was HUUUGE hunting in Bath County, WV. next to the Virginia state line. It was cold & snowing.

I was shaking from both the cold & the adrenaline rush when I saw that deer so I blew it. This was during gun season & the shot was close to 100 yards away. Probably about 90-95 yards in distance.

Shot right over him by about an inch. He would have weighed 180-200 lbs easily. I was so sick & still to this day bothers me that I missed that deer but I was just too pumped up. Thanks.

Thanks. That's a nice 11 point buck. The biggest or one with the most points I've killed is an 8 pointer. Field dressed at 145lbs. Yours looks to weigh quite a bit more than that. Nice rack too. I'd say yours dressed at 175+ didn't it? Thanks for sharing that photo with me.

I will be 46 years old next week & my health hasn't allowed me to go hunting the past 3 years. Back when I was 35 years old I missed a 12 point buck that was HUUUGE hunting in Bath County, WV. next to the Virginia state line. It was cold & snowing.

I was shaking from both the cold & the adrenaline rush when I saw that deer so I blew it. This was during gun season & the shot was close to 100 yards away. Probably about 90-95 yards in distance.

Shot right over him by about an inch. He would have weighed 180-200 lbs easily. I was so sick & still to this day bothers me that I missed that deer but I was just too pumped up. Thanks.

Thanks Tony, yeah this buck was about 220 live weight. Hope you will be able to get back out again soon!

I have a similar story with a buck that would have been my biggest. in 2015 I took a 162" 13 point with my rifle, but back in 2004 I missed a 10 point buck with my bow, that would have grossed about 170". He was tending a doe and she walked him in to 17 yards from my tree. Crazy thing was that I didn't get nervous; but I clearly had some sort of fog going on in my head. When I drew my bow, I settled the 40 yard pin right behind the shoulder...and watched the arrow sail just over his back. Then I watched him walk off with the doe. That one haunts me still. It happens to most of us if we hunt long enough.

Yeah those are some long brow tines. Mine wasn't supposed to be done till June/July but the shop got over loaded with deer this year. He had to get a new/bigger freezer for the capes. Just so happens when he got done moving/reorganizing stuff mine was one of the ones on top. I sure ain't complaining.

Btw here it is in its new home. He's on the left and my first deer is on the right.

Attachments

• 20170331_160635.jpg
    20170331_160635.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 2 people
My neighbor last night hit a deer driving home with his new Porsche Cayenne.. looks like his SUV was hit by an elephant.. he can drive it, but major damage

VN Store

Back