Deer preseason 2016

7 year old girl shooting her first deer...

YRzjDMz.gif

Reactions: 1 person
It has been so warm in middle and southern TN. Has the rut started for you fine folks in East TN?

DSCN1120.jpg

Post 2016 Deer Season. A early Christmas present taken in East Texas, 12/18/16.

Approximately 170 class B&C (gross).
Going to be 125 to 130 B&C (net). Waiting on official score.

Reactions: 5 people
View attachment 125447

Post 2016 Deer Season. A early Christmas present taken in East Texas, 12/18/16.

Approximately 170 class B&C (gross).
Going to be 125 to 130 B&C (net). Waiting on official score.

Awesome deer! Main frame eight with some kickers? What does it take to make the book? I think it's 130 for pope and young but not sure on B&C.

Last edited:
Nice one, good tall rack. Congrats. I just finally dropped mine off at the taxidermist last week. That was a pretty penny, but I'm looking forward to when I can hang it on the wall.

I decided to save the $450. I am doing a European mount. I'm finishing the bleaching this morning. All I need to do is make the mounting stand.

I am going to take it to a taxidermist today to get a more official score. My lease gives a free year lease to the biggest buck. Everyone says that this is the winner. We will see.

He broke the kickers off on the left side. I am not 100% certain how the scoring works. I have used the Boone and Crockett web sight to aid my measurements, but I don't have the wires for proper measurement. Also scoring the small nubs is very difficult. I'll let a more experienced person tell me. My buddy says it's all about the inches, gross not net.

Everything on the left side is 1" to 2.5" longer that the right so there are several deductions. I'm still very pleased. This is the biggest deer I have ever taken. I'm very fortunate that he presented the opportunity.

Reactions: 2 people
I decided to save the $450. I am doing a European mount. I'm finishing the bleaching this morning. All I need to do is make the mounting stand.

I am going to take it to a taxidermist today to get a more official score. My lease gives a free year lease to the biggest buck. Everyone says that this is the winner. We will see.

He broke the kickers off on the left side. I am not 100% certain how the scoring works. I have used the Boone and Crockett web sight to aid my measurements, but I don't have the wires for proper measurement. Also scoring the small nubs is very difficult. I'll let a more experienced person tell me. My buddy says it's all about the inches, gross not net.

Everything on the left side is 1" to 2.5" longer that the right so there are several deductions. I'm still very pleased. This is the biggest deer I have ever taken. I'm very fortunate that he presented the opportunity.

Yes, very nice buck you got there buddy. I would be tickled to pieces for sure. I killed an 8-pointer back in 1995. That was my biggest buck & weighed in at 155lbs.

15698207_10211311055801659_3377449678718471295_n.jpg

Unofficial Boone & Crockett is 128-5/8 net (135-2/8 gross). Very pleased with how it turned out. Need to make the plaque.

With the broken kicker he would have score 130 easily.

Reactions: 3 people
IMG_1896.jpg
IMG_1897.jpg

I finished the mount, and have it hung in my office. I hope that I have honored this trophy with my efforts.

VN Store

Back