Dee Beckwith

Of course we don’t even see him hit the field until 2 games left in the season. This staff is a joke. He even made our horrible O line look decent when he was running the ball. He needs at least 10 carries next week
Thought he has been hurt?

He's had a bad ankle sprain that kept him out early then a shoulder injury when he 1st came back. Dee plays hard, he's always looking for contact. I'm hoping Pruitt has a plan for him, I'd be surprised if we have 22 football players better than him.

You might remember I called on your inside information during the recruiting process because he was the player I wanted most out of this class. Don't know why for sure, but just felt he could be a difference maker wherever he went. The whole offer issue with just him or him and his brother gave me an uneasy feeling until the ink was dry and then I celebrated. Hope this injury issue is not an ongoing problem...some guys are just unlucky.

I typically pick a few guys, some longshots, to hope show up and make a difference... he led my wish list, followed by Hyatt, Whiteside, and Wideman. Not looking for immediate impact, but career impact. So this free year keeps them in play.... Whiteside would be my longest shot, just like big guys with above average speed, who might be motivated by being overlooked by his home town school.... the other three all possessed serious athleticism. Love Small too.... but he was a home state kid. Throw in Bailey and this offensive class should be fun to watch. Don't go to sleep on Calloway either.... Don't know how many will pan out, but odds are we got some noticeable difference makers in this class.

That said, I am not going put too much emphasis on his first effort against a tired depleted defense... but he sure hit the holes in a hurry regardless of game conditions....

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Until he can learn to run with the ball in the correct hand and cover the ball with 2 hands, I don’t want to see him in the field again. He has talent but he isn’t a running back. Runs straight up and down with ball in the wrong hand he is a fumble waiting to happen. It was a worn out 4th quarter half squad Vanderbilt team for gosh sakes. I would look like Travis Henry against them!

Isn’t that the excuse PF used with Lewis?

A good coach can scheme around a weakness.
That was Cut’s thing. Along with not incorporating the TE in the passing scheme...got much better on that one.

Until he can learn to run with the ball in the correct hand and cover the ball with 2 hands, I don’t want to see him in the field again. He has talent but he isn’t a running back. Runs straight up and down with ball in the wrong hand he is a fumble waiting to happen. It was a worn out 4th quarter half squad Vanderbilt team for gosh sakes. I would look like Travis Henry against them!
No you wouldn’t. Or you wouldn’t be posting on here. 😏

Reactions: Cormock Mac
Our RB room is really solid imo. And I mostly like the way we use them.

I just want a new o line coach yesterday.
This, along with the decision to play #2 way too long have been the 2 major things that have plagued Pruitt since he's been here. Had he been willing to make changes in those 2 areas much sooner I think we'd be looking at a totally different situation here.

Reactions: Remy

You might remember I called on your inside information during the recruiting process because he was the player I wanted most out of this class. Don't know why for sure, but just felt he could be a difference maker wherever he went. The whole offer issue with just him or him and his brother gave me an uneasy feeling until the ink was dry and then I celebrated. Hope this injury issue is not an ongoing problem...some guys are just unlucky.

I typically pick a few guys, some longshots, to hope show up and make a difference... he led my wish list, followed by Hyatt, Whiteside, and Wideman. Not looking for immediate impact, but career impact. So this free year keeps them in play.... Whiteside would be my longest shot, just like big guys with above average speed, who might be motivated by being overlooked by his home town school.... the other three all possessed serious athleticism. Love Small too.... but he was a home state kid. Throw in Bailey and this offensive class should be fun to watch. Don't go to sleep on Calloway either.... Don't know how many will pan out, but odds are we got some noticeable difference makers in this class.

That said, I am not going put too much emphasis on his first effort against a tired depleted defense... but he sure hit the holes in a hurry regardless of game conditions....
Whiteside?

This, along with the decision to play #2 way too long have been the 2 major things that have plagued Pruitt since he's been here. Had he been willing to make changes in those 2 areas much sooner I think we'd be looking at a totally different situation here.
IMO we are 6-3 with a different Qb.

Reactions: Remy
Beckwith running reminds me of Dexter McCluster from Ole Miss that ran all over Tennessee while he was there during Fulmers final seasons. That explosive acceleration turns a 4 yard run into a 20 yard run and a first down. But I'm sure he was not ready like the rest of the youngsters that are here to fiddle and futz around on the bench during a horrible season that doesn't count against their eligibility anyway.

He definitely did run all over the field that day. McCluster was much smaller and the game he played against UT in 2009, in Oxford, was against the “Lane Train”.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
Beckwith running reminds me of Dexter McCluster from Ole Miss that ran all over Tennessee while he was there during Fulmers final seasons. That explosive acceleration turns a 4 yard run into a 20 yard run and a first down. But I'm sure he was not ready like the rest of the youngsters that are here to fiddle and futz around on the bench during a horrible season that doesn't count against their eligibility anyway.

McCluster was tiny and shifty with speed. Beckwith is a big power back. Not the same running style at all

VN Store

Back