Dee Beckwith

What if there were legitimate reasons for him to just now getting time, I don't guess that would change your opinion any.
To be fair, Pruitt isn’t the most up front on reporting reasons why someone is or isn’t playing, traveling, or a part of the program... that’s his prerogative but it will lead to fan questioning decisions and why.

yall are crazy to judge a kids ability versus that pile of crap. That team gave up before the season ever started. Also wasnt Beckwith coming off an injury?
Lol. His size and speed were impressive regardless of who we were playing. Fans are always going to hope for good things for a new contributor.

Are Beckwith and Wideman going to have the opportunity to contribute to the Basketball program? I cannot remember what our pitch to them was.

He's had a bad ankle sprain that kept him out early then a shoulder injury when he 1st came back. Dee plays hard, he's always looking for contact. I'm hoping Pruitt has a plan for him, I'd be surprised if we have 22 football players better than him.

I didn’t know he was injured. That’s too bad. I was surprised to see how big he was when he was in there today. He needs more touches in the next game.

To be fair, Pruitt isn’t the most up front on reporting reasons why someone is or isn’t playing, traveling, or a part of the program... that’s his prerogative but it will lead to fan questioning decisions and why.
I get that but it's just as silly for a fan to blurt out a bunch of nonsense when he knows nothing of the situation.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
the freshmen weren’t ready to play. You have to remember that guys like Beckwith and Bailey had no spring practice and missed most of fall camp due to quarantine. On top of that, Beckwith is learning a new position. This was just a weird season and our young guys didn’t have an opportunity to play right away.
Yep , but not because of Covid, because of our coach.
The Vandy QB has been starting from about week 2.
Other teams got freshman ready.

the freshmen weren’t ready to play. You have to remember that guys like Beckwith and Bailey had no spring practice and missed most of fall camp due to quarantine. On top of that, Beckwith is learning a new position. This was just a weird season and our young guys didn’t have an opportunity to play right away.
The quarantine info you provided on Bailey is incorrect. He only missed 4 practices due to Covid protocol. Every team missed spring practice. Bailey was not developed by game 1 because Pruitt considered him 4th string after one 10 snap practice session and determined he did not have the resources to develop him anymore before the season started. A big miscalculation by Pruitt. Bailey could of been ready by game one and we might be 6-3 after today.

The quarantine info you provided on Bailey is incorrect. He only missed 4 practices due to Covid protocol. Every team missed spring practice. Bailey was not developed by game 1 because Pruitt considered him 4th string after one 10 snap practice session and determined he did not have the resources to develop him anymore before the season started. A big miscalculation by Pruitt. Bailey could of been ready by game one and we might be 6-3 after today.
Where in the world do you get that he only missed 4 practices?

Yep , but not because of Covid, because of our coach.
The Vandy QB has been starting from about week 2.
Other teams got freshman ready.
Vandy is one of the worst teams in the history of the conference because they DIDN'T get their Fr ready. Playing Fr is seldom the answer, like Leach said if it worked then everyone would be doing it.

Where in the world do you get that he only missed 4 practices?
Reported here about a week ago by a VN member. He missed one week and they actually had the dates of fall camp and Bailey’s protocol tracing date range and the no of practices he missed. It was specific to the point that I accepted as accurate on face value. I cannot confirm 100%.

Reactions: cgrish
Of course we don’t even see him hit the field until 2 games left in the season. This staff is a joke. He even made our horrible O line look decent when he was running the ball. He needs at least 10 carries next week
Dude……… he was injured most of the season ………

Well stated and they are all freshmen again in 2021. This is why Vols need a bowl game to work these kids and make up for limited practice time.

Since we play next week the bowl game would only give us an extra week or two...but I’ll take it. It was good seeing so many young players getting PT today.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Reported here about a week ago by a VN member. He missed one week and they actually had the dates of fall camp and Bailey’s protocol tracing date range and the no of practices he missed. It was specific to the point that I accepted as accurate on face value. I cannot confirm 100%.
Pruitt said in one of his pressers that he'd only been there 4 days. It was reported in Freaks practice reports when he showed up. The word is he missed 21 days to contact tracing and returned to practice as has been reported. We also had all but 1 scholarship WR out for a significant portion of our 20 practices. It was impossible to get a Fr QB ready under those circumstances and why would you when you had 3 guys with experience on the roster. Pruitt has done just fine in developing Bailey I feel. Dobbs should have been QB1 day1, Bailey should not have under this year's conditions, under normal circumstances it's likely Bailey would have been QB1 sooner.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
Vandy is one of the worst teams in the history of the conference because they DIDN'T get their Fr ready. Playing Fr is seldom the answer, like Leach said if it worked then everyone would be doing it.
No they are one of the worst because they don’t have anyone better to keep the freshman off the field. You play your best. If that’s freshman then yeah you probably suck

Pruitt said in one of his pressers that he'd only been there 4 days. It was reported in Freaks practice reports when he showed up. The word is he missed 21 days to contact tracing and returned to practice as has been reported. We also had all but 1 scholarship WR out for a significant portion of our 20 practices. It was impossible to get a Fr QB ready under those circumstances and why would you when you had 3 guys with experience on the roster. Pruitt has done just fine in developing Bailey I feel. Dobbs should have been QB1 day1, Bailey should not have under this year's conditions, under normal circumstances it's likely Bailey would have been QB1 sooner.
Your statements are a direct contradiction to what this other VN member posted. Maybe they will see our posts today and respond or you can look thru my history the last two weeks and find it. As I stated before I found the information specific and credible. Plus your post doesn’t address the Pruitt statements to announcers for one of the games(Kentucky?) who stated Pruitt’s explained to them that week i
he did not want to devote resources to Bailey after one short session.

VN Store

Back