Decadent Western Culture Thread

Franklin Pierce

Calvin Klein Makes History: Introducing the First ‘Transqueer Lesbian’ Icon

45619d13-9acd-47a9-93f8-c4b64e23ae0a.jpg

Calvin Klein is making history.

As per MSN, in celebrating Pride Month, the iconic brand has featured a “transqueer lesbian” in its nine-part video series tributing LGBTQ “rising stars.”

On Tuesday, Jari Jones — who, from the description, I assume is a man identifying as a woman who is sexually attracted to women — posted a viral video in reaction to seeing a NYC CK billboard featuring his likeness.

Calvin Klein has made history by including their first Black transqueer model as part of this year’s Pride campaign. Jari Jones, an actress, model, and activist, is one of the many members who has joined the brand for this campaign. In a now-viral video, the model can be seen celebrating the incredible moment she sees herself on a huge billboard with her friends. Her joy speaks volumes about the importance of inclusivity.​
Calvin Klein Makes History: Introducing the First 'Transqueer Lesbian' Icon

Reactions: Silence Dogood

As per MSN, in celebrating Pride Month, the iconic brand has featured a “transqueer lesbian” in its nine-part video series tributing LGBTQ “rising stars.”

On Tuesday, Jari Jones — who, from the description, I assume is a man identifying as a woman who is sexually attracted to women — posted a viral video in reaction to seeing a NYC CK billboard featuring his likeness.

Calvin Klein has made history by including their first Black transqueer model as part of this year’s Pride campaign. Jari Jones, an actress, model, and activist, is one of the many members who has joined the brand for this campaign. In a now-viral video, the model can be seen celebrating the incredible moment she sees herself on a huge billboard with her friends. Her joy speaks volumes about the importance of inclusivity.​

WTF is a “Transqueer Lesbian “? That’s way too complicated to try and figure out .

Edit : I saw the description of it after I posted . A dude that thinks he’s a woman that’s attracted to women smdh .

vlzXHlv.gif

How, exactly, does this bother you?

Well for me it’s the lie that bothers me . It’s a dude that likes women . Not a lesbian not a queer unless he also likes other dudes . The fact that he “ identifies” as a she doesn’t make it a truth . I identify as a multibillionaire but if you call me on it and I have to prove it , I’ll be caught in a lie just like the freak in the article .

Here's a good book from a conservative thinker..--imagine that these days-- that i respect and read often ... but I digress. I would posit the right continually overlooks the real threat of soulless consumerism and corporate hegemony and instead focuses on the usual boogeymen of academia and lgbtq folk......always remember the "free" market does not care who you f*** ...we have to always remind ourselves that corporations ARE NOT PEOPLE...see how this works .anyway here some links. ...pearls to ....whatever...

The Decadent Society

Ross Douthat Has a Vision of America. It’s Grim.

This could be a decent thread by the way...
prescient and long overdue....but will probably devolve into sky god drivel nonsense ...does not anyone read or remember history!---western civilization is based on Greco/Roman ideals and philosophy with some medieval Christian thought emerging 500 to 600 years after the death of christ....Jesus was a righteous Judaic social reformer who's core message was corrupted by the church, charlatans, and our hypercapitalist society that yearns for absolution for it's greed, selfishness, and hatefulness. Your capitalist jesus was born in a boardroom on 5th ave Midtown/Flatiron...i prefer yeats version of the 2nd coming--much more apt for our zeitgeist..

Reactions: Purple Tiger

Apparently Klein was so unaware that trans peeps are still often biological heteros, he had to invent a new class of alt-sexuals.

I thought this was going to be a thread satirizing fanatical Islam's hatred of the west, but it's just Pierce proving horseshoe theory.

Reactions: zeppelin128

VN Store

Back