Dear Jeremy

Most amazing to me is how Pruitt's demeanor has changed from a whiteboard kicking, facemask grabbing, racing up and down the sidelines arguing with officials, to a guy that stands on the sidelines with his arms folded looking totally lost. His no nonsense killer attitude is gone, he has become used to losing and seems content to just stand there and let it happen instead of firing that team up.

Maybe Phil already gave him the bad news, he is done after the season.

hey... that sounds good

Ah, we are to the point of the process where we are acting creepy and writing letters to the coach...

Yeppers. It's happening! I can't tell if this guy is creepier with this personal heart to heart letter to another grown man ... Or ... Dave Hooker and his open letter to Trey Smith last year. Friggin sketchy!!!

For those in the “give him next year and see then”crowd, what does he have to do next year assuming it’s a normal season, to save his job or regain your trust?

A lot of fans say this. But at the point Fulmer offered Pruitt, what other more attractive option did Fulmer have WHO WAS WILLING TO TAKE THE JOB? Maybe Leach? As I recall every previous candidate had turned it down, even Gundy who was offered $7.0 million or so per year? There may come a time when the stars align and UT can hire a "proven coach." But that wasn't the case when Pruitt was hired. Our fanbase just needs to sober up and realize that the Urban Meyers of the world are not beating down our door.
I have read Freeze has interest, no real inside info. In a pipe dream world Freeze becomes HC and Pruitt takes his buyout $$$ to be DC. Screw it, is it too early to start drinking? It's gotta be 5 o'clock somewhere.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
5 games ago we was on a 8 game winning streak and was 2-0 they had done alot of winning. Heck went in at halftime with a lead a goal line stop and momentum and then adversity hit . The Auburn game when we got up by ten and Auburn finally scored I was like ok we have lost and I have to think that runs through the players head's.

Most amazing to me is how Pruitt's demeanor has changed from a whiteboard kicking, facemask grabbing, racing up and down the sidelines arguing with officials, to a guy that stands on the sidelines with his arms folded looking totally lost. His no nonsense killer attitude is gone, he has become used to losing and seems content to just stand there and let it happen instead of firing that team up.

Maybe Phil already gave him the bad news, he is done after the season.

Even if Phil didn’t, he knows it’s gonna get worse before it gets better. He’s dejected. I think he’s lost the players and his assistant coaches. If you start seeing assistant coaches jumping ship after this season then the writing is on the wall.

If a coach is winning big and talks to the media the way Pruitt does (Saban) the fans love it. When he’s losing, obviously everyone’s just going to be annoyed by the sound of his voice.

Seriously, all those things are really crap, the only thing that matters is WINNING, that is it.

Problem is he is not winning and now everything he does gets evaluated and criticized. Being a great speaker at press conference, Butch Jones. Talking nice to the fan base and telling jokes, Dooley.

Pruitts problem is he bet the ranch on JG and probably thought that he could fix him and get 4 good years out of him, did not work out well. Knowing that he was at high risk at QB, he should have worked hard to develop a replacement with the younger guys, or brought in a transfer QB to develop. He did nothing and let the new QB ride the bench for 3 years behind a terrible 5th yr guy that ranks at the bottom of the SEC.

No team can be successful with a QB that ranks at the bottom of the SEC, and yet he is so risk adverse that he will not make a change at QB. He has one of the top freshman quarterback in the nation with Harrison Bailey and again he failed to focus on his development and go full speed to get him practice reps and playing time, instead staying with JG week and week of losses and letting the young guys watch JG at practice, just mind blowing.

His stubbornness will be his downfall and will lead to his being fired eventually.
I think on the issue of JG your take is off. CJP, I think, actually believes JG is a very good QB and honestly means it when he continues the “best chance to win” mantra. That is what I have a hard time getting my mind around. How can CJP not see or understand how limited JG is and that he isn’t an SEC QB.

Reactions: VolinMC
The speculation that has made the most sense to me would be something related to his recruitment. Don’t really believe it; but if true, it would be revenge far beyond anything Butch Jones could have hoped for. Especially if JG gets a 6th season. Butch can continue to wreck our program for more than half a decade. Most of it while we are still paying him to do so. View attachment 325595
But JG was never recruited by Pruitt so who cares...

But JG was never recruited by Pruitt so who cares...
But he was recruited by UT and he of went public with recruiting violations, the University would be punished even if violations predated Pruitt. Sanctions go against the school as well as the coach

After I read the first four sentences I had to ask myself who hired this person for this job? And after you read those first four sentences you should ask yourself what the hay Fulmer was thinking when he considered Pruitt for the head coaching position at Tennessee? Because that skill set is no where near compatible with the skills necessary to be a head coach in a major college program.

The problem we have is not the incompetent coaches but the people we have making hiring decisions.
Maybe he was the only one Fulmer could get.

Jeremy, Get the hell out. Pass go and collect money if you must but get the hell out. Have you no shame.

[QUOTE="The Ron Mexico, post: 18987414, member: 27487"]To be fair, he probably didn’t know talking to the media was the HBC’s responsibility.

Or, and hear me out on this, he did know and just wanted the millions upon millions of dollars all the while knowing this was going to fail.[/QUOTE]
Bull crap. He saw Saban do it every week

To be fair, he probably didn’t know talking to the media was the HBC’s responsibility.

Or, and hear me out on this, he did know and just wanted the millions upon millions of dollars all the while knowing this was going to fail.
Bull crap. He saw Saban do it every week
Indeed. You’re probably right. I don’t know how that slipped by me.

Reactions: GVol1966
To be fair, he probably didn’t know talking to the media was the HBC’s responsibility.

Or, and hear me out on this, he did know and just wanted the millions upon millions of dollars all the while knowing this was going to fail.
Of course Beldar wanted the $$$. If someone offered you millions Win, Lose, or Draw would you take it? Hell Yes....me too. This is on Foolmer.

58869982.jpg

At home drawing pictures
Of mountain tops
With him on top
Lemon yellow sun
Arms raised in a V
Dead lay in pools of maroon below
Daddy didn't give attention
Oh, to the fact that mommy didn't care
King Jeremy the wicked
Oh, ruled his world
Jeremy spoke in class today
Clearly I remember
Pickin' on the boy
Seemed a harmless little f*
But we unleashed the lion
Gnashed his teeth and bit the recessed lady's breast
How could I forget
And he hit me with a surprise left
My jaw left hurting
Dropped wide open
Just like the day
Oh like the day I heard
Daddy didn't give affection
And the boy was something that mommy wouldn't wear
King Jeremy the wicked
Ruled his world

Reactions: volsfan24017
The OP says Pruitt is "a nice guy". How does anyone know that? Cuz he smiled once while saying cornbread is his favorite food? There's nothing I've seen to indicate he's a good or "nice" guy on top of everything else. He hates the fans...he hates media questioning him...hes always hated Tennessee. Imo he's a mean spirited ... defensive.... cocky jerk. I don't see anything redeeming about him. Not everybody is a "nice guy".

You know and I know this isnt working out. You can probably stay next year and suffer doing something you clearly are not happy doing or you could leave and be the person you were meant to be. You hate dealing with the media, you dislike doing the coaches show, you loathe having to address the fanbase. If this is going to be about getting your buyout money then so be it, you will be miserable and so will we but UT is probably going to let you die on the vine milking the buyout money to a lesser amount before firing you. Im hoping a job in the NFL or maybe your spot in Alabama will be available to you. You dont seem to be a bad person just a bad head coach, and frankly there are a lot of guys who cant and are not meant to do that job. We have seen our fare share of them this past decade. Take note of previous head coaches who try and blow up their staff and hire a lame duck staff for a 1 year "make or break" season. The odds are not in your favor kind sir. May there be peace in the streets and a fruitful Thanksgiving and a Holly Jolly Christmas!

Sincerely

Heartbroken Vol Fan
Dear OP, take a deep breath and rescind your words!!!

VN Store

Back