Dear Jeremy

northknoxvol

Senior Member (BFL)
You know and I know this isnt working out. You can probably stay next year and suffer doing something you clearly are not happy doing or you could leave and be the person you were meant to be. You hate dealing with the media, you dislike doing the coaches show, you loathe having to address the fanbase. If this is going to be about getting your buyout money then so be it, you will be miserable and so will we but UT is probably going to let you die on the vine milking the buyout money to a lesser amount before firing you. Im hoping a job in the NFL or maybe your spot in Alabama will be available to you. You dont seem to be a bad person just a bad head coach, and frankly there are a lot of guys who cant and are not meant to do that job. We have seen our fare share of them this past decade. Take note of previous head coaches who try and blow up their staff and hire a lame duck staff for a 1 year "make or break" season. The odds are not in your favor kind sir. May there be peace in the streets and a fruitful Thanksgiving and a Holly Jolly Christmas!

Sincerely

Heartbroken Vol Fan

Now this...This...THIS will MOST CERTAINLY WORK!

eureka.gif

You know and I know this isnt working out. You can probably stay next year and suffer doing something you clearly are not happy doing or you could leave and be the person you were meant to be. You hate dealing with the media, you dislike doing the coaches show, you loathe having to address the fanbase. If this is going to be about getting your buyout money then so be it, you will be miserable and so will we but UT is probably going to let you die on the vine milking the buyout money to a lesser amount before firing you. Im hoping a job in the NFL or maybe your spot in Alabama will be available to you. You dont seem to be a bad person just a bad head coach, and frankly there are a lot of guys who cant and are not meant to do that job. We have seen our fare share of them this past decade. Take note of previous head coaches who try and blow up their staff and hire a lame duck staff for a 1 year "make or break" season. The odds are not in your favor kind sir. May there be peace in the streets and a fruitful Thanksgiving and a Holly Jolly Christmas!
Sincerely
Heartbroken Vol Fan

Confucius say: 'tis better to beat on a dead horse than to beat off a dead horse.

After I read the first four sentences I had to ask myself who hired this person for this job? And after you read those first four sentences you should ask yourself what the hay Fulmer was thinking when he considered Pruitt for the head coaching position at Tennessee? Because that skill set is no where near compatible with the skills necessary to be a head coach in a major college program.

The problem we have is not the incompetent coaches but the people we have making hiring decisions.

To be fair, he probably didn’t know talking to the media was the HBC’s responsibility.

Or, and hear me out on this, he did know and just wanted the millions upon millions of dollars all the while knowing this was going to fail.

Seriously, all those things are really crap, the only thing that matters is WINNING, that is it.

Problem is he is not winning and now everything he does gets evaluated and criticized. Being a great speaker at press conference, Butch Jones. Talking nice to the fan base and telling jokes, Dooley.

Pruitts problem is he bet the ranch on JG and probably thought that he could fix him and get 4 good years out of him, did not work out well. Knowing that he was at high risk at QB, he should have worked hard to develop a replacement with the younger guys, or brought in a transfer QB to develop. He did nothing and let the new QB ride the bench for 3 years behind a terrible 5th yr guy that ranks at the bottom of the SEC.

No team can be successful with a QB that ranks at the bottom of the SEC, and yet he is so risk adverse that he will not make a change at QB. He has one of the top freshman quarterback in the nation with Harrison Bailey and again he failed to focus on his development and go full speed to get him practice reps and playing time, instead staying with JG week and week of losses and letting the young guys watch JG at practice, just mind blowing.

His stubbornness will be his downfall and will lead to his being fired eventually.

Last edited:
After I read the first four sentences I had to ask myself who hired this person for this job? And after you read those first four sentences you should ask yourself what the hay Fulmer was thinking when he considered Pruitt for the head coaching position at Tennessee? Because that skill set is no where near compatible with the skills necessary to be a head coach in a major college program.

The problem we have is not the incompetent coaches but the people we have making hiring decisions.
I think everyone knew that the hiring of Pruitt was a calculated gamble. He knows the technical side of football and had demonstrated success in every coordinator position he had held. But you never know how a man will handle the scrutiny and responsibility of being „the man“ until he steps into the role.
I just think CJP, as good as he may be in other roles, just isn’t a good fit for the unique skill set needed to head the organization. But is not a question of incompetence, it is a question of fit.

You know those stupid social media questions like " Would you stay in the cabin for $1m dollars with no internet for a year? " and "would you smack you mom in the face for $1m" ....think of it like this "Would you coach the university of Tennessee football team for $25,000,000?" Now answer in your head, now delete this ridiculous post. Youre welcome.

Most amazing to me is how Pruitt's demeanor has changed from a whiteboard kicking, facemask grabbing, racing up and down the sidelines arguing with officials, to a guy that stands on the sidelines with his arms folded looking totally lost. His no nonsense killer attitude is gone, he has become used to losing and seems content to just stand there and let it happen instead of firing that team up.

Maybe Phil already gave him the bad news, he is done after the season.

I think everyone knew that the hiring of Pruitt was a calculated gamble. He knows the technical side of football and had demonstrated success in every coordinator position he had held. But you never know how a man will handle the scrutiny and responsibility of being „the man“ until he steps into the role.
I just think CJP, as good as he may be in other roles, just isn’t a good fit for the unique skill set needed to head the organization. But is not a question of incompetence, it is a question of fit.
When Tennessee is making a “calculated gamble”

Mel-Gibson.gif

Ala****, tOSU, or Clemson makes a “calculated gamble”
AfraidPiercingCatfish-size_restricted.gif

Fulmer was thinking of himself and how much CJP is like him. Fulmer is old school SEC football as is CJP. I don't have anything against old school....if it still works. CJP is the 2nd coming of CPF in his last 2-3 years.

Most amazing to me is how Pruitt's demeanor has changed from a whiteboard kicking, facemask grabbing, racing up and down the sidelines arguing with officials, to a guy that stands on the sidelines with his arms folded looking totally lost. His no nonsense killer attitude is gone, he has become used to losing and seems content to just stand there and let it happen instead of firing that team up.

Why has his demeanor changed since last year? Was he told by decision makers that he could not do that stuff (grabbing helmets, yelling at players, arguing with refs) due to political correctness, or has he just lost the passion?

Reactions: N.ohio vol

You’re kidding right.? Fulmer tells Pruitt he is not coming back but allows him to coach thru the end of the season?

Reactions: McDad
If I have to drink myself into a stupor again, then the $ I throw at UT should be used for my rehab at season's end. . . . unless it can be diverted into basketball success and a renewed feeling our football guys will "win it all" next year. . . . . . you know what? 15-0 2021, let us run!

A lot of fans say this. But at the point Fulmer offered Pruitt, what other more attractive option did Fulmer have WHO WAS WILLING TO TAKE THE JOB? Maybe Leach? As I recall every previous candidate had turned it down, even Gundy who was offered $7.0 million or so per year? There may come a time when the stars align and UT can hire a "proven coach." But that wasn't the case when Pruitt was hired. Our fanbase just needs to sober up and realize that the Urban Meyers of the world are not beating down our door.

I’ve actually thought this same thing but if this was so (verbal or physical abuse... something worse) would we just be able to fire Pruitt for cause and save the money?
The speculation that has made the most sense to me would be something related to his recruitment. Don’t really believe it; but if true, it would be revenge far beyond anything Butch Jones could have hoped for. Especially if JG gets a 6th season. Butch can continue to wreck our program for more than half a decade. Most of it while we are still paying him to do so. 75F0B23F-D550-4038-8D16-3786748580A2.jpeg

Actually, they're both.

Reactions: MMA81

VN Store

Back