'20 DE Quincy Roche (Grad Transfer)

@SSVol and @InVOLuntary didn't meet the age limitation to be nominated.
giphy.gif

It didn't hit till the Miss St game when I finally thought, "there's that Pruitt defense". It rolled over another 7 games. Expect nothing but typical Pruitt defense from here on out, barring some excusable hiccups.

New pieces coming in thatā€™s expected but you can seriously see a difference. If the offense catches the defense Tennessee could be lethal on both sides. Without beating the same old horse a few pieces is truly all thatā€™s missing.

ā€¢Kennedy returning was huge
ā€¢ If and itā€™s obviously a huge if Trey returns the Oline has no excuse but to be on the verge of Elite.
ā€¢ Eric Gray is ready to assert himself as the guy at Tennessee. Not sure why he stayed at #3 on the Septh chart all year.
ā€¢ A lot of people will say WR is a question mark next season who are outside of VN. In my opinion I donā€™t see it that way. Keaton is a big play guy waiting to explode on the scene in the SEC. I love his speed and his elusiveness. The only bad is I wish I felt the same about Palmer. I feel like he flashes his ability and then takes a play off. A prime example would be the Indiana game. A few times he gave up on the block or didnā€™t finish the route. If he can commit to playing every down he can be hell in the slot. Gibbs, to me, needs the ball not only as a WR but in situational downs. Not saying heā€™s Patterson by any means but that type package plays could give Tennessee another angle on offense.

New pieces coming in thatā€™s expected but you can seriously see a difference. If the offense catches the defense Tennessee could be lethal on both sides. Without beating the same old horse a few pieces is truly all thatā€™s missing.

ā€¢Kennedy returning was huge
ā€¢ If and itā€™s obviously a huge if Trey returns the Oline has no excuse but to be on the verge of Elite.
ā€¢ Eric Gray is ready to assert himself as the guy at Tennessee. Not sure why he stayed at #3 on the Septh chart all year.
ā€¢ A lot of people will say WR is a question mark next season who are outside of VN. In my opinion I donā€™t see it that way. Keaton is a big play guy waiting to explode on the scene in the SEC. I love his speed and his elusiveness. The only bad is I wish I felt the same about Palmer. I feel like he flashes his ability and then takes a play off. A prime example would be the Indiana game. A few times he gave up on the block or didnā€™t finish the route. If he can commit to playing every down he can be hell in the slot. Gibbs, to me, needs the ball not only as a WR but in situational downs. Not saying heā€™s Patterson by any means but that type package plays could give Tennessee another angle on offense.

On Gray: according to CJP, he kind of hit a wall midway through the season.

ā€œI was told today that thereā€™s not much happening between Tennessee and Roche at the moment. Weā€™ll see whether that changes, but havenā€™t heard anything yet that suggests the Vols are major contenders for him.ā€

- Callahan

Reactions: VOLSONLY
It didn't hit till the Miss St game when I finally thought, "there's that Pruitt defense". It rolled over another 7 games. Expect nothing but typical Pruitt defense from here on out, barring some excusable hiccups.
Sometimes the other teams offense just gets hot no matter how good your defense is.

Reactions: Devo182
Thanks , 1.3 avg sacks in the 3 games against the big boys and 3.0 avg sacks in the other 10 games. We can use some immediate help from Roche and quick development from the current roster and recruits.
How bout 21 sacks against sec opponents. 2.63 per game in sec play. Which is what's really important. And at least 2 against everyone but Georgia.

VN Store

Back