'20 DE Quincy Roche (Grad Transfer)

Last time I checked he followed most of the defensive staff at Tennessee and a few of the staff at FSU, so I’m thinking that’s the battle. He followed Mack Brown, too, so who knows.
Mac Brown saw him up close and personal in the bowl game.

His last follows are coaches and player personnel accounts at Michigan State Auburn Nebraska Utah Florida FSU Texas USC and NC could go to alot of places

I don't know for sure whether there has been any contact or how much interaction there might have been to this point. I think Tennessee at least might be interested in kicking the tires, but haven't heard any specifics beyond that.
callahan

Reactions: esands88
And lots of surprisingly effective CB blitzes.
yeah, Sham, Thompson and Taylor all had multiple sacks this year.

our pass rush did get better from the front 7 as the year went on, but i do think that was at least in part due to the fact that we showed to be effective at getting pressure from multiple spots, so there was something else to account for....and sometimes that little bit of hesitation will allow the Dl or a LB to get home.

not a bad thing. it's good schemeing/coaching. cause we don't have (out side Taylor) a true pass rusher that can just go get the QB......

yeah, Sham, Thompson and Taylor all had multiple sacks this year.

our pass rush did get better from the front 7 as the year went on, but i do think that was at least in part due to the fact that we showed to be effective at getting pressure from multiple spots, so there was something else to account for....and sometimes that little bit of hesitation will allow the Dl or a LB to get home.

not a bad thing. it's good schemeing/coaching. cause we don't have (out side Taylor) a true pass rusher that can just go get the QB......
Yep, but it did seem like Bennett was starting to get pressure without blitzing toward the end.

Yep, but it did seem like Bennett was starting to get pressure without blitzing toward the end.
yeah, he came on the last half of the season. he was the "surprise" on the DL imo.

it was kinda funny though. offenses felt they had to account for Taylor, which was a known. and as the season went on, Bennet gets noticed....then the last 3 games or so, Harrison gets a couple sacks....

i just think overall, the way they decided to pressure made it a lot easier on everyone else to get pressure. there were times in each of the last few games we played the QB had no idea, the OL had no idea more imporatnatly, where it was coming from.

it was awesome. can't wait to see them all do it again with another year in the system and another year with Fitz.

yeah, he came on the last half of the season. he was the "surprise" on the DL imo.

it was kinda funny though. offenses felt they had to account for Taylor, which was a known. and as the season went on, Bennet gets noticed....then the last 3 games or so, Harrison gets a couple sacks....

i just think overall, the way they decided to pressure made it a lot easier on everyone else to get pressure. there were times in each of the last few games we played the QB had no idea, the OL had no idea more imporatnatly, where it was coming from.

it was awesome. can't wait to see them all do it again with another year in the system and another year with Fitz.

Harrison is goooooooooddddd

The U is after him hot and heavy as well.

Going to the U as a one year grad transfer would be incredibly stupid. They are in total reboot mode in all areas. He needs to go somewhere that already playing good defense and is in need of help at rush end to bridge gaps left by an inept intern who masqueraded as an SEC HC for a few seasons until that team got a real coach. If only there was a place like that....

giphy.gif

Bumphis seemed to be getting involved in pass rush a lot too. Though from the line and not OLB.

Reactions: jakez4ut

Random, but I think we should using QC like we have been. Kind of reminds of Jabrill Peppers....playing both sides of the ball and what not.

Yes I know they play two different positions and do different things. I’m just talking about the way they used them I guess.

Bumphis seemed to be getting involved in pass rush a lot too. Though from the line and not OLB.
he's another one that flashed. Emerson too.

i mean, really, there's not a whole lot you shouldn't be excited about with this defense for next year.

and we get Gooden back.........

replacing bituli is a big deal, but i'm betting on Tootoo to fill in nicely.

the rest of the LB's have to get filled out....crouch, JJP, who's #13 again?, and all the new guys coming in...plus maybe you get Banks back, move Beasely in.......

who knows.

but i like "the bones" of the defense a lot......

Random, but I think we should using QC like we have been. Kind of reminds of Jabrill Peppers....playing both sides of the ball and what not.

Yes I know they play two different positions and do different things. I’m just talking about the way they used them I guess.
I think he's gonna play inside and outside depending on the situation. One of those 4 for 4 guys Pruitt talks about that will be able to move around throughout the game.

yeah, if you're talking less than 10 carries a year, and in specialized sitautions like we've done, sure that's fine. but i'm more excited to see what he does with another year in the system at LB. JJP too. he didn't do anyting spectactular...but maybe he got a little bump in the confidence department this year....

Reactions: Sleegro

VN Store

Back