'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

1)They’ve had a history of highly ranked WRs get drafted highly.
2)They’re an SEC school. Probably the second best in the SEC West right now.
3)They have awesome facilities and it’s a unique college experience. I know most LSU are weird AF to most of us and smell weird but there are certain people that this weirdness appeals to.
4)Orgeron. I have no idea WTF kids see in this farmer Fran looking mother but kids seem to love playing for him. He’s dirty as absolute hell but he’s always recruited well.
These are fine arguments that make sense.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
You got me with that first comment there. I should try to use more tact when debating a football topic on here.

But you literally just did it. “Oh, you’re criticizing LSU, well, why would a player want to go to TN” what does that have to do with anything?

Because I assumed that the discussion was UT vs LSU, because you know, UT recruit and UT board. Clearly I don't pay as close attention as some of you professional posters. I'll yield to your superior intellect and fanship.

I'm out.

These are fine arguments that make sense.
They had a head scratching loss to Florida last year, a dismantling from Bama and a loss in a shootout to A&M. They closed strong with a win over an undefeated team as well. I mean that’s a lot to sell if your a salesman like Orgeron.

I’m with you. I think O is a snake oil salesman but these kids buy what he sales and they always have wherever O has been.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Because I assumed that the discussion was UT vs LSU, because you know, UT recruit and UT board. Clearly I don't pay as close attention as some of you professional posters. I'll yield to your superior intellect and fanship.

I'm out.
Lol. I think all of us are a little too passionate for our own good. I think some are a little too worked up over being trolled by an immature child. We’re all Vol fans which makes us better than everyone else by default.

They had a head scratching loss to Florida last year, a dismantling from Bama and a loss in a shootout to A&M. They closed strong with a win over an undefeated team as well. I mean that’s a lot to sell if your a salesman like Orgeron.

I’m with you. I think O is a snake oil salesman but these kids buy what he sales and they always have wherever O has been.
I agree with you on Orgeron. I never understood what that recruits saw and bought in with him, even when he was here.

1)They’ve had a history of highly ranked WRs get drafted highly.
2)They’re an SEC school. Probably the second best in the SEC West right now.
3)They have awesome facilities and it’s a unique college experience. I know most LSU are weird AF to most of us and smell weird but there are certain people that this weirdness appeals to.
4)Orgeron. I have no idea WTF kids see in this farmer Fran looking mother but kids seem to love playing for him. He’s dirty as absolute hell but he’s always recruited well.
I think these are good answers.
They're correct but the small details that still surprise me.

1. They get drafted that highly. Receivers seem to get less chances to show out because LSU has been famous for poor QB play for some time.

2. Highly ranked Qb's continue to go there considering they're known for lack of improvement at the position.

At least that's always the discussion on TV and here during the LSU - Bama game. Only one I watch usually, so I'm going off second hand discussion.

1. They get drafted that highly. Receivers seem to get less chances to show out because LSU has been famous for poor QB play for some time.

2. Highly ranked Qb's continue to go there considering they're known for lack of improvement at the position.

At least that's always the discussion on TV and here during the LSU - Bama game. Only one I watch usually, so I'm going off second hand , Orgeron

At least that's always the discussion on TV and here during the LSU - Bama game. Only one I watch usually, so I'm going off second hand discussion.

Orgeron, at the moment, getting away with what helped sink Les Miles.

Reactions: chargervol
People with these OBJ/ Landry claims are cracking me up. Its been at least six 5 star WR's and a Tx Tech transfer who caught alot of balls in Lubbock who's gone undrafted amd unheard of again since OBJ/Landry left Baton Rouge. I wish we could still use Eric Berry when it came to DB recruiting despite our lack of NFL success since Berry left.

Would be dumb on their part, he wasn't hired as an LSU employee at the time. All they had to do was have a confidentiality agreement and show him how easy it is to know if it's broken.

What's the risk? 15 message board posters received a hint a WR gave a verbal, 20 minutes before it was released publicly.
Not exactly homeland security type stuff. It's not like he gave away their corndog recipe or something.

Corn dog recipe. Take out of bag. Put in microwave. Heat for 29 seconds.

People with these OBJ/ Landry claims are cracking me up. Its been at least six 5 star WR's and a Tx Tech transfer who caught alot of balls in Lubbock who's gone undrafted amd unheard of again since OBJ/Landry left Baton Rouge. I wish we could still use Eric Berry when it came to DB recruiting despite our lack of NFL success since Berry left.
He’s still a household name within NFL loving families.

Quick check top rated WR in their class over the years
2018: 5 star Terrace Marshall~ 12 catches 192 yards 0 tds
2017: 4 star Mannie Neitherly~ 3 tackles 0 catches
2016: 4 star Stephen Sullivan~ 34 catches 582 yards 3 tds
2015: 5 star Tyron Johnson~ 9 catches 53 yards. Transferred to OkieState
2014: 5 star Malachi Dupri~ 98 catches 1609 yards 14 tds. Never topped 700 yards in a season after being labeled a freak in highschool.
2013: 4 star John Diarse~ 28 catches 412 yards 3 tds at LSU in two seasons. 96 catches 1429 yards 9 tds in two season at TCU.

Just for giggles Johnathan Giles at Tx Tech 2 seasons 85 catches 1313 yards 16 tds. His first season at LSU last year netted him 10 catches for 59 yards. Smart choice going there kid.

2014: 5 star Malachi Dupri~ 98 catches 1609 yards 14 tds. Never topped 700 yards in a season after being labeled a freak in highschool.
2013: 4 star John Diarse~ 28 catches 412 yards 3 tds at LSU in two seasons. 96 catches 1429 yards 9 tds in two season at TCU.

Just for giggles Johnathan Giles at Tx Tech 2 seasons 85 catches 1313 yards 16 tds. His first season at LSU last year netted him 10 catches for 59 yards. Smart choice going there kid.
This is exactly what makes people wonder why.

These numbers make it even more baffling. Again, I understand why he didn't choose us, but what would make him want to gamble with his career like this? The odds of this kid turning out to be the next OBJ are incredibly slim.

VN Store

Back