'20 DC FS Mordecai McDaniel (FL commit)

still could be better football players though.
There's a reason Pruitt and staff wanted him. We can offer up all the normal "didn't want him" and "we'll upgrade" talk we want, but our staff wanted this kid. And one of Pruitt's keys is speed, something MM has.

how many did they lose out of that class? i remember how that killed us a few yrs back. Its funny how nobody in the media ever brings it up they just tell you how great Mullen is.

I think the big difference is the transfer portal. That takes away the sting of losing recruits. To answer your question, Steele transferred back to California because of home sickness and they lost I think 2 or 3 to grades, and Mullen kicked one off the team. So they lost 4 or 5. But again, Mullen added a few from the transfer portal which offset those losses.

Florida doesn’t have that reputation, Florida thinks they have that reputation. Big difference dumbass
That had it for a while before McElwain's poor recruiting.
Still they have the 2nd most DBs in NFL to LSU even after his poor recruiting especially at safety.

They also have Torrian Gray at DB coach. He has a long list of NFL guys and coached with the Skins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaws
I think the big difference is the transfer portal. That takes away the sting of losing recruits. To answer your question, Steele transferred back to California because of home sickness and they lost I think 2 or 3 to grades, and Mullen kicked one off the team. So they lost 4 or 5. But again, Mullen added a few from the transfer portal which offset those losses.
Ffs, shouldn’t you be over on Jortsanonymous.fl celebrating?

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Sure I might be crazy but I think we can catch Georgia as a program quicker than we can catch them. I think Mullen is Heads and shoulders better than Kirby

Agree, I think Mullen and Pruitt are better than Kirby. Imagine if Pruitt had inherited UGA’s leftover roster full of 4 and 5 stars like Kirby inherited from Richt.

This season is doing wonders for Pruitt. Going 8-5 is a first step in getting recruits attention. Follow that up with a similar or better year and I think UT starts getting top 10 talent regularly. And when that happens, Pruitt will be beating Kirby.

Reactions: BruinVol
Agree, I think Mullen and Pruitt are better than Kirby. Imagine if Pruitt had inherited UGA’s leftover roster full of 4 and 5 stars like Kirby inherited from Richt.

This season is doing wonders for Pruitt. Going 8-5 is a first step in getting recruits attention. Follow that up with a similar or better year and I think UT starts getting top 10 talent regularly. And when that happens, Pruitt will be beating Kirby.

Think we beat him next year. I also think we finally beat you guys next year as well.

Okay Pruitt can develop the hell out of players, I won’t argue that. But we’re never going to catch up to Georgia and company with a recruiting class ranked in the bottom half of the SEC every year.

Get your head out of the sand. 1, we have never been at the bottom of the sec. 2. We haven't been consistently beating Vandy, Scar, or Mizzou... that is step 1, which was started this year. We have been rebuilding the trenches, DL class is strong after the best OL class probably in the country last year. We have a stud QB in Bailey that should have gotten a bump to 5*. Our roster stunk but has gotten better with each of Pruitt's 2 full classes.

Can you freak out about the things you actually have knowledge of?

VN Store

Back