'20 DC FS Mordecai McDaniel (FL commit)

Our recruiting has been very comparable to theirs. Considering their attrition, it's better. We'll beat them soon. Maybe this coming season.

Agreed on last years class

This one it appears we are going to be substantially behind but time will tell on that

Florida has as many DB’s in the league as anyone. He coached Chauncey Gardner-Johnson last year and he’s having an excellent year with the Saints. CJ Henderson will be a 1st rounder this year, Marco Wilson will be a high pick when he decides to go. So Mullen has no problem getting DB’s in the league.
If you are wanting us to think that Mullen or anyone else on Florida’s payroll will be a better option to get a defensive player into the NFL as Pruitt then you are dumber than we thought you were, and that’s pretty damn dumb.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Florida has as many DB’s in the league as anyone. He coached Chauncey Gardner-Johnson last year and he’s having an excellent year with the Saints. CJ Henderson will be a 1st rounder this year, Marco Wilson will be a high pick when he decides to go. So Mullen has no problem getting DB’s in the league.
well.. Mullen didn’t recruit any of the ones you mentioned.. nor does he coach DBs

EDIT: I do agree that Florida db’s end up in the league though.. Hargreaves, tabor, for example

Had to be freaking Florida too. Dang. But imagine being a DB and choosing to play for Mehlen over Pruitt and Ansley lolol

Pruitt and Ansley definitely have a good reputation. It’s probably UF’s reputation as “DBU” more than anything wrong with UT. UF, Bama, LSU have more DB’s in the league right now than anyone.

Maybe Pruitt can make a push for Avantae Williams now, borderline 5star that just decommitted from Oregon.

Sorry to say, but I think we'll miss his speed. We may land a better skilled player at the position, but they won't have MM's speed.

Pruitt and Ansley definitely have a good reputation. It’s probably UF’s reputation as “DBU” more than anything wrong with UT. UF, Bama, LSU have more DB’s in the league right now than anyone.

Maybe Pruitt can make a push for Avantae Williams now, borderline 5star that just decommitted from Oregon.
Florida doesn’t have that reputation, Florida thinks they have that reputation. Big difference dumbass

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Is CJP and staff ever going to be able to hang on to recruits? I mean come on this is just getting ridiculous. We have the most over paid staff in the nation.

Lol at this post. We're actually set up for a solid finish in recruiting.. but by all means continue to freak out.

well.. Mullen didn’t recruit any of the ones you mentioned.. nor does he coach DBs

EDIT: I do agree that Florida db’s end up in the league though.. Hargreaves, tabor, for example

I gotta say that for whatever reason, DB’s grow on trees in Florida (I realize Mordecai is from MD), but point still stands. Mullen will always have NFL-worthy DB’s close by.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I’m surprised too. All I can say is that Mullen and staff are red hot. This should put the class in the top 5 with a few others leaning UF’s way.
oh thank god. what would we do without recruiting insight about a rivals team on a TN message board.

piss off.

I gotta say that for whatever reason, DB’s grow on trees in Florida (I realize Mordecai is from MD), but point still stands. Mullen will always have NFL-worthy DB’s close by.
Mullen will have tons of talent just like Georgia. Y'all have an inherent advantage due to location. Always have. Always will.

Per the 247 podcast it seems like we're in great shape to sign 25 really good recruits and if anything we're hurting to whittle things down to 25.

Reactions: FïreBall
Those guys were Mullen recruits? Or did he inherit them from shark humper.

He inherited them from a recruiting standpoint but the question was has he coached any. So yes, he coached Chauncey and CJ and Marco. Mullen did recruit Kaiir Elam who played a lot this year and is your typical UF DB, he’ll be the next great one I believe.

Sure I might be crazy but I think we can catch Georgia as a program quicker than we can catch them. I think Mullen is Heads and shoulders better than Kirby
I agree but strictly from a talent standpoint we'reon par with Florida maybe slightly better next year. I think we beat the gators in Neyland next year and we out recruit them in 2021.

Florida isn’t close to DBU lol

VN Store

Back