Dawg fans need to get over it

It was a bad call. That hit looked clean. I guess anytime there is a big hit from now on it will be flagged. Were moving toward flag football it looks like. Two hand touch or something. Its going to cost someone in a really big game and hopefully enough people will raise a big stink about it. If you lead with your head fine. If its just a big hit leave it alone. They have instant replay, they need to use it when they try to enforce this new rule.

Last edited:
I will never forget going to GA the year we won the National Championship! My brother in law, a GA fan, was wearing his red and black. My sister, my wife and I were wearing our orange. Even though he was walking with us, we still had beer thrown at us and were called a bunch of names.

ESPN Gameday was there and all of them were picking GA to win. We simply killed them, and it was fun to see their tails tucked between their legs as we left the stadium. I personally hate them more than FL!

UGA fans I know are telling me they "got hosed" by the refs in the OSU game and will "run the table" in the SEC and can still beat florida. They must have some good liquor and drugs down there.

It was one bad call on one play. They only scored 10 on a Big 12 team that gave up almost 300 last year. If the flag had not been thrown what makes them think they would have scored any additional points?

Georgia is the most elite mediocre program in the country. Or is it that Georgia is the most mediocre elite program in the country. I can never figure it out.

Georgia is the most elite mediocre program in the country. Or is it that Georgia is the most mediocre elite program in the country. I can never figure it out.

They consistently almost get to the SEC Championship each and every year. The only thing stopping them is either USCjr, UT, Florida or some combination of the aforementioned. UGA will always be the future of the SEC. :post-4-1090547912:

They consistently almost get to the SEC Championship each and every year. The only thing stopping them is either USCjr, UT, Florida or some combination of the aforementioned. UGA will always be the future of the SEC. :post-4-1090547912:

but never the present

For the poster who predicted a UGA loss to SClite and a win over Arkansas...I think you are backwards my friend. SC has NOTHING on offense and I don't see them going into Athens and winning...although I would LOVE it. However, I do think UGA is in trouble going into Arkansas. That is a BIG question mark for them. I can see UGA losing to Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, and Tech. That would make them 6-6. 7-5 if they win one of the aforementioned and at BEST 8-4 which is NOT going to cut it down here in Dixie.

My sister, nephew and I went to buy him some shoes during the GA game. All of us were still wearing orange We walked in and I heard one of the guys working there say Oh GOD Tennessee!!!! Needless to say we did not get any help from one of them They wouldnt evan talk to us when we were checking out. Funny how much they hate UT The feeling is mutual

The USCe/UGA game might be the biggest snooze fest in the history of the SEC...Maybe they should play: "first one to 10 wins" I do not see us having any problems with either of those teams this season.

Look, people need to take off the rose colored glasses for a minute. UGA is a pretty solid team overall. I don't know why people can't see this. OK St. is ranked in the Top 10 for a reason. They are a good overall team. Their defense wasn't very good last season. But you guys do understand that Ok St. played against Graham Harrell, Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, and Chase McDaniel don't you? I'm sure their defense wasn't great last year by any means, but I'd be willing to bet we would have finished much much worse as a defensive unit if we played 4 games against the countries best QB's.

UGA won't be a pushover guys. Get real.

Mark Richt is still trying to explain to dawg fans how he lost twice in a row to the mediocre Ron Zook at florida, which cost him the title one year. If he loses to USC, richt will officially be on the uga hot seat. They want a national title, and will not win one with richt in athens. Mark it down.

Unless things change in Athens they might have a long year.

2 major problems I see them having

1. Their qb is Joe Cox who was beaten out by over rated Stafford. I mean what did he really do at UGA. Get one good year that we blew them out the doors that year. Stafford never did anything that deserved praise at UGA. He was no better then our Clausen's but then again they took us to an SEC Champ game.

2. A very big one, their team didn't look motivated at all. They looked like we did last year. Just show up and hope they do soemthing. No swagger one bit at all wit them.

The USCe/UGA game might be the biggest snooze fest in the history of the SEC...Maybe they should play: "first one to 10 wins" I do not see us having any problems with either of those teams this season.

If it can best the UT-Auburn game last year, well bring it on.

Look, people need to take off the rose colored glasses for a minute. UGA is a pretty solid team overall. I don't know why people can't see this. OK St. is ranked in the Top 10 for a reason. They are a good overall team. Their defense wasn't very good last season. But you guys do understand that Ok St. played against Graham Harrell, Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, and Chase McDaniel don't you? I'm sure their defense wasn't great last year by any means, but I'd be willing to bet we would have finished much much worse as a defensive unit if we played 4 games against the countries best QB's.

UGA won't be a pushover guys. Get real.

It is 1 thing to get beat and another to look unprepared and get outcoached.

They didn't look good I agree. But give OK St. the respect they deserve. They are a very good football team.

They didn't look good I agree. But give OK St. the respect they deserve. They are a very good football team.

Does this sound familiar?

Joe Cox suddenly has critics, but he really doesn’t care

Joe Cox he claims doesn’t hear you, and even if he did he wouldn’t be bothered.

... “I’m sure there was [negative] stuff said,” Cox said Tuesday, three days after Georgia laid a substantial egg in Stillwater, Okla.

“Half the people who are saying things have never played a down of football in their lives. I’d never criticize somebody like that, but they might think it’s their place to say how someone is doing even though they’ve never done it. I consider the source, who’s talking. If it’s someone who hasn’t played football, I could care less.”...

Also, read the comments.

Joe Cox suddenly has critics, but he really doesn't care | Mark Bradley

Does this sound familiar?

Joe Cox suddenly has critics, but he really doesn’t care

Joe Cox he claims doesn’t hear you, and even if he did he wouldn’t be bothered.

... “I’m sure there was [negative] stuff said,” Cox said Tuesday, three days after Georgia laid a substantial egg in Stillwater, Okla.

“Half the people who are saying things have never played a down of football in their lives. I’d never criticize somebody like that, but they might think it’s their place to say how someone is doing even though they’ve never done it. I consider the source, who’s talking. If it’s someone who hasn’t played football, I could care less.”...

Also, read the comments.

Joe Cox suddenly has critics, but he really doesn't care | Mark Bradley
Well, that sounds familiar. I hope this season works out about as well for them as ours did last year.

Well, that sounds familiar. I hope this season works out about as well for them as ours did last year.

yah, i wonder what wagon those UGA folks will jump to next? I saw a girl i knew in high school out one night and she was covered in UGA crap. This girl was die hard auburn in HS, then shortly after that she was a UF fan. She was like im a die hard uga fan, born and raised, blah blah blah. I was like so you should try out for the olympic track team. To which she replied "why," I told her that all that wagon jumping she should be pretty good.

Georgia doesn't quite seem like Vols '05. The downfall of Fulmer must be seen in 3 phases (3 strikes and ur out rule)

The '02 season - first real fall from Grace, its not a total pitfall, but definitely a step back.National status is not gone, but a little respect is. Minor Changes should be made (Strike 1)

The '05 season - rock bottom. This actually removes you from top tier status Someone is getting fired. You are no longer a year in, year out contender. This is the final warning.

The '08 season - the last straw. No more excuses. Your program has dropped another level. Your credit is gone. You are getting fired.

....I think Richt is entering phase 1, Georgia will continue to plumet unless he makes some serious changes.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Doesn’t this also sound familiar?

-- Marlon Brown confirmed what Michael Moore told me Sunday: Tony Ball [UGA Asst. Coach, Wide Receivers] said he simply didn't realize Brown and Rantavious Wooten hadn't played against Oklahoma State.

“He said the game was moving so fast and he was trying to find out what plays worked and what didn’t work, and he said he just forgot, it slipped his mind,” Brown said.

Bulldogs Blog: Practice Notes: Pugh Better, King Not

VN Store

Back