Dawg fans need to get over it

VolMax

The obnoxious Georgia fans need to think about a few things:

You lost to the team that finished 4th in the Big 12 SOUTH last year.

You scored 10 points against a defense that gave up almost 300 points last year.

You opened with GA Southern in 2008 (followed by Central Michigan), 2003 and 2004.

You opened with WKY in 2006.

Stafford, Moreno and Massaquoi were great, but they are gone.

Get over it.

Can't wait until 10/10.

GO VOLS!

UGA fans are ridiculous. their team is so overrated every year and i hate how they think they deserve to be a top ranked team year in and year out. just garbage. cant wait to mop the floor with them in knoxville this year! GO BIG ORANGE! :rock:

Sad that Sturdivant is hurt for the year again. He is a stud and will be great if he can ever stay healthy.

I now believe we should beat everyone on the schedule except for Alabama and Florida.
We could beat either of them, but we may not even if we do everything right.

i didnt know they were talking junk. Granted they lost but they have nothing to hang their heads about they went into a snakepit against a talented team with so many unproven starters. The Only one I hope enjoys his bad college decision is Marlon brown. i dont remember him getting on the field where as The Vols played how many freshmen?

Sad that Sturdivant is hurt for the year again. He is a stud and will be great if he can ever stay healthy.

I now believe we should beat everyone on the schedule except for Alabama and Florida.
We could beat either of them, but we may not even if we do everything right

Nice... some people were giving me a hard time for feeling that way.

Richt has now bears the Fulmer Torch.

Underachievers the whole lot of em

LOL at marlon Brown picking Dawgs over Vols! shouldnt have listened to grandma

i didnt know they were talking junk. Granted they lost but they have nothing to hang their heads about they went into a snakepit against a talented team with so many unproven starters. The Only one I hope enjoys his bad college decision is Marlon brown. i dont remember him getting on the field where as The Vols played how many freshmen?
They're always talking junk.

An argument on Facebook got me started. The more I looked into it, the more ridiculous it became. They can crow all they want about playing against a non-conference opponent ranked in the top 10, but look at last year and we can all see how wrong pre-season polls can be - UGA #1, Vols #15(or so???). Meaningless...

I rarely root against fellow SEC teams in non-conference games, but I have to admit to rooting for the Cowboys the other night.

Great point on Marlon Brown, BTW. We had 3 true freshmen score touchdowns...much less get on the field.

im from Ga and have tons of friends that go to UGA.. some of them are smart and notice that its going to be a long year, while others think that the only reason they lost was because the refs made bad calls and Joe Cox had the flu. What I saw was a team getting out coached on both sides of the ball, and a mediocre QB at best.

All I know is that Dawgs will be crawling out of Neyland this year, I mean heck, they only beat us by 12 last year in Athens. I honestly think that if we come out as prepared and intense as we did against WKU we should be 5-1 after the UGA game. Especially since all of those games except Florida are at home.

I think that the intelligent or at least the realistic UGA fans are worried right now. Their o-line looked terrible and Joe Cox is not the answer at QB. Not to mention that Sturdivant is out for the year. Damn, I'm gonna miss those dance moves.

An argument on Facebook got me started. The more I looked into it, the more ridiculous it became. They can crow all they want about playing against a non-conference opponent ranked in the top 10, but look at last year and we can all see how wrong pre-season polls can be - UGA #1, Vols #15(or so???). Meaningless...

I rarely root against fellow SEC teams in non-conference games, but I have to admit to rooting for the Cowboys the other night.

Great point on Marlon Brown, BTW. We had 3 true freshmen score touchdowns...much less get on the field.

It is 1 thing to get beat. It is totally another to have the whole off season to prepare and come out so unprepared and unmotivated. They looked worse than us last year against UCLA. They have problems in Athens.

RB was decent, QB was a bigger drop off than I figured, (He maybe better than he looked), D was out of gas after the first drive of the 3rd quarter.

Not sure how to take the first game, but from what I watched (which was the entire game) UT at home vs. UGA = a more winable game, that what I thought at first.

Dawg fans getting fed up with CPF lite? Say it isn't so.

It is so. I think everyone and their brother can see this coming. I had a few business trips in Atlanta about 3 years ago and the bulldog faithful were crying then (on the radio) about CMR's performance.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The UGA fan I work with said we were going to lose and lose big this weekend.....I let him know what I thought of that....Athens,GA will be in a frenzy if the Cocks edge one out on them....I think that could put Richt on the hot seat if they don't see any improvement

That's the deciding factor in my mind, Neyland is going to be nuts for that game. It was as intense as ever for the WKU game. And the UGA game is arguably are biggest home game this year. I have no doubt in my mind that we should beat them this year.

Richt is way too similar to Fulmer. He really benefitted from a time when there were not many good coaches or teams in the sec, much like Fulmer did in the 90's. And his loyalty to his mediocre staff will be his downfall, exactly like Fulmer. Georgia had maybe the best defensive coordinator in CFB with Brian Van Gorder. When he bolted, Richt made the same mistake Fulmer made with the OC...promoted from within.

Georgia has good talent, but mediocre assitant coaches. Bobo is nothing special, Martinez is average at best - talented players are coming there and not getting tons better. Richt is a good coach, but his best days at Georgia are closing. The window on their run is shutting quickly. Their offense against Ok State looked as inept as our defense looked against Cal in the '07 opener.

I at least give CMR and UGA credit for having the stones to actually schedule tough out of conference games. Other than us (Cal, UCLA recently....OU, Nebraska and OSU coming up) who else besides UGA schedules a OOC game that is even remotely challenging? UF never plays anyone out of the state of Florida (although if FSU and Miami ever "get back" that will be a lot different.....but they will probably just stop playing them then). UGA didnt look like a "great" team on Saturday, but they also were playing a team I consider one of the top 5 best teams in the country this year, especially on offense. At least UGA isnt scared to play outside of the conference.....gotta respect that.

There have been several posts since Saturday with such saying as, Tennessee will not beat UGA, or UGA will show a lot more talent than they did against Oklahoma State. I call BS, UGA sucks this year, it's a rebuilding year, and it is not going to include a lot of wins, in fact, it's going to be one sorry ass season for the Dawgs, and that's the bottom line, UGA fans need to get over themselves and UT fans that claim a case for UGA, get over it, this is how their schedule plays out, including first game result.

Sept 5 @ OK STATE (L)

Sept 12 Vs South Carolina (L)

Sept 19 @ Arkansas (tossup, I think UGA may squeak it out though)

Sept 26 Vs AZ State (AZ State is out for revenge, and they do it, second loss to a west team)

Oct 3 Vs LSU (L)

Oct 10 @ Tennessee (L)

Oct 17 @ Vandy (W)

Oct 31 @ Florida (L, I don't even wanna imagine what kind of a slaughter score we are going to see here)

Nov 7 Vs Tennessee Tech (W, of course)

Nov 14 (Tossup, I think Aubie may squeak it out or Georgia may, just a classic UGA Vs Aub rivalry, as is every year)

Nov 21 Vs Kentucky (W, Cats can't get over the mental side and lose by small)

Nov 28 @ GA Tech (L)

Dawg fans pull out their tissue boxes :cray: and either Richt is put on a flaming seat or he is sent on his way.

I at least give CMR and UGA credit for having the stones to actually schedule tough out of conference games. Other than us (Cal, UCLA recently....OU, Nebraska and OSU coming up) who else besides UGA schedules a OOC game that is even remotely challenging? UF never plays anyone out of the state of Florida (although if FSU and Miami ever "get back" that will be a lot different.....but they will probably just stop playing them then). UGA didnt look like a "great" team on Saturday, but they also were playing a team I consider one of the top 5 best teams in the country this year, especially on offense. At least UGA isnt scared to play outside of the conference.....gotta respect that.
No, UGAs pitiful offense made that D look much better than they are. No way OSU is a top five team.

VN Store

Back