David Johnson comments

"It didn't fit me" was a separate thought from "It's hard for me to recruit somewhere when I don't really trust what's going on." He was making a general statement, which just so happened to be right after he was talking about Tennessee. Probably should have been a pause or another intro in there somewhere.

Probably had more to do with his contract expiring on 1/31 than anything else would be my guess.

Most all of these guys are versions of used car salesmen and politicians pandering to their clients ( players ) or audiences ( fans ) in this case.

Reactions: Sara Clark
It was a good interview....of course TN fans always ready to be offended.
And we have apologists who are ok if people outside the university bury our school. I would rather be happy in the offended group that stands up for the university than in the weak cowardly group that piles on with the others.

Last edited:
I know that he went on Swain’s Show this morning to explain and apologize for the “misunderstanding” and I know Swain bought it 100% and was advocating YAC “misspoke”.....but it’s beyond clear what he said and what he meant here. Only question is, why the hell would he throw shade at a head coach who treated him great and tried hard to retain him......and fan base that loved him and supported him like we did. Seems totally out of character, but it’s beyond clear what he says there, absolutely no wiggle room.

Eh nothing to see here. Just playing to the crowd.
Well, it’s definitely “something to see here” when he says some crap like that and it can be used in recruiting vs Pruitt and company going forward. It was a classless thing to say and do and you can bet every recruit we’re going hard at in this cycle is gonna hear about it.

Now it's time to hear from the "eternally offended, always enraged about something" crowd, I'll bet you're popular on Facebook.
0-2 champ. Generally don’t care about the opinions of others. Truth is I guarantee a guy like you is way more fragile than I would ever be. Johnson said something stupid and got called on it. Guys like you are the type that let’s someone verbally berate someone or something that you supposedly like and just sit there and take it. Thus me grouping you with the other cowardly lions in the fan base.

0-2 champ. Generally don’t care about the opinions of others. Truth is I guarantee a guy like you is way more fragile than I would ever be. Johnson said something stupid and got called on it. Guys like you are the type that let’s someone verbally berate someone or something that you supposedly like and just sit there and take it. Thus me grouping you with the other cowardly lions in the fan base.
You don't know me and all you have is a bunch of names and groupings which are meaningless. Bring some discussion, let's battle wits! You'll be 0-3 then........[sic]champ

You don't know me and all you have is a bunch of names and groupings which are meaningless. Bring some discussion, let's battle wits! You'll be 0-3 then........[sic]champ
Riiiiggghhttt. You mean that killer discussion you brought about people shouldn’t take offense to a former coach burying his former employer possibly impacting recruiting? Yeah, that was a smoking hot take kid. I’m still feeling the burn from that. At least you have your little self proclaimed internet victories. Now scream upstairs and see if your mom has your meatloaf ready.

Riiiiggghhttt. You mean that killer discussion you brought about people shouldn’t take offense to a former coach burying his former employer possibly impacting recruiting? Yeah, that was a smoking hot take kid. I’m still feeling the burn from that. At least you have your little self proclaimed internet victories. Now scream upstairs and see if your mom has your meatloaf ready.
Let's talk DJ then, you did listen to the video replay didn't you? You have to do that first before you can participate.

He stated his experience working for the UT football program, the one he was just let go from....makes him a disgruntled employee, doesn't it? He had a bad experience, it happens every day in this country but there's no reason to get twisted up over things like this. At least that's my opinion and I, like every other member of this forum stated my Freak-given opinion. Just trying to save the excitable fans, such as yourself, a little un-necessary grief as there are far more positive things going on with our football program.

Mom says it'll be another 45 minutes on the meatloaf...

Let's talk DJ then, you did listen to the video replay didn't you? You have to do that first before you can participate.

He stated his experience working for the UT football program, the one he was just let go from....makes him a disgruntled employee, doesn't it? He had a bad experience, it happens every day in this country but there's no reason to get twisted up over things like this. At least that's my opinion and I, like every other member of this forum stated my Freak-given opinion. Just trying to save the excitable fans, such as yourself, a little un-necessary grief as there are far more positive things going on with our football program.

Mom says it'll be another 45 minutes on the meatloaf...
Thanks for establishing the 'rules'. I did listen to the video replay. A couple things that jump out at me from your response. He was never fired at least from Tennessee. Fulmer offered him an extension and a raise to stay. Johnson actually took the weekend to think about it and decided to rejoin Norvell due to their relationship and proximity to where his kids go to school. At least that was his original take on the way out. He even complimented Pruitt and the university for their support through the entire process. So I'm not exactly sure what he would have to be disgruntled about.

And I appreciate you trying to 'save me' from grief, but that's not what I am currently feeling right now. I'm commenting on this thread. Giving my opinion just like you. And I will go on with the rest of my day. I am ecstatic about the direction this program is going and felt we upgraded with the position that Johnson left open in both coaching and recruiting.

Enjoy your dinner.

Thanks for establishing the 'rules'. I did listen to the video replay. A couple things that jump out at me from your response. He was never fired at least from Tennessee. Fulmer offered him an extension and a raise to stay. Johnson actually took the weekend to think about it and decided to rejoin Norvell due to their relationship and proximity to where his kids go to school. At least that was his original take on the way out. He even complimented Pruitt and the university for their support through the entire process. So I'm not exactly sure what he would have to be disgruntled about.

And I appreciate you trying to 'save me' from grief, but that's not what I am currently feeling right now. I'm commenting on this thread. Giving my opinion just like you. And I will go on with the rest of my day. I am ecstatic about the direction this program is going and felt we upgraded with the position that Johnson left open in both coaching and recruiting.

Enjoy your dinner.
That was a well-thought out and articulated post, more difficult than name-calling isn't it?

Reactions: Volfansince1980

VN Store

Back