David Johnson comments

Interesting. I would like to hear more on why and what he didn’t trust.
I wonder if it has anything to do with us bringing in more VFLs to handle our business.
Probably a lack of trust in his own ability to keep up with the upward trend of the VOLS. GBO ! ! !

Vol fans can’t assume everything is hunkydory. The offense was still a mess last year. When you see what Jennings, Calloway and DWA do at the next level you’ll wonder “what the hell?” While the improvement in defense was evident, the offense looked like a **** show in the bowl game. It took a 4th quarter miracle to beat Indiana. So, maybe he has reason not to trust. That’s fine, I think Graham is an improvement.
Pruitt need to get his offensive staff to figure it out.

What he said was not all that bad. If he now says he doesn't trust what is going on at Tennessee that's in the area of their mothers wear combat boots as a recruiter. The Atlantic interview seems right, this comment sounds like a lot of hot wind at a recruiting meeting for FSU.

It's probably that he didn't trust that his job was secure. He was still new to working with Pruitt, was working under his second OC in as many years, and was moved to coaching RBs so Tee could be hired. Probably wishes he had expanded on that comment to clarify, but I don't think there's any doubt he feels more secure working for Norvell.

What he said was not all that bad. If he now says he doesn't trust what is going on at Tennessee that's in the area of their mothers wear combat boots as a recruiter. The Atlantic interview seems right, this comment sounds like a lot of hot wind at a recruiting meeting for FSU.
Yeah I agree. These kinds of things just don’t offend me. Sounds like he was just “talking” but even if he feels that way let’s be honest here.... he’s an assistant coach who moved on. It’ll probably happen every year so stressing over this is rather silly IMO.

If there's any context in this article I must have missed it. It's just two words. Who knows what he meant? Maybe that he didn't trust he would get the consideration he felt he deserved -- and he thought his career trajectory would be better elsewhere. Maybe he meant that the cafe wouldn't add butter pecan ice cream next year. Let's not start blasting the guy because of two words, especially if it was at an event for his new job.

Trash talking Pruitt at a school where he's still thought of fondly as a former coach.

Weird.

Whole thing is weird. After that Athletic interview.. He comes across as extremely fake here. A bad look for CDJ.

Maybe he didnt "trust" that the HC would play a freshman QB over Gitn0 and got out before everyone gets fired in 2 years because Gitn0 starts 2020.

VN Store

Back