Davenport Fired

Lol. VN and insiders. You must have not been around much during the coaching search.

I was living in the Gruden thread and posting there daily man. Just asking for legitimate honesty from someone who might have some context to the situation.

I dropped in today to confirm to myself why I dropped out. Sure enough UT is an ever expanding three alarm fire.

Breaks my heart....and I don't even like Davenport. It's like we manufacture bad reasons to stay in the media.

Reactions: 1 person
“If you aren’t a liberal when you’re young, you have no heart, but if you aren’t a middle-aged conservative, you have no head.”

-source unknown

Ha, yep! Love that quote.

It is originally from either US President John Adams in 1799 ("A boy of 15 who is not a democrat is good for nothing, and he is no better who is a democrat at 20"), or French historian and politician Francois Guizot in the early/mid 1800s ("Not to be a republican at 20 is proof of want of heart; to be one at 30 is proof of want of head"), depending on how closely you need the original to match the current version.

Of course, the French meaning of "republican" in the early 1800s is far different from our use of the term today. The early French republicans were the liberals, overthrowing their monarchy...quite literally the opposite of "conservative." Meanwhile, John Adams' "democrat" isn't exactly the same as the democrats we know today...but close enough for this quote to work. :hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
You guys hear..she was fired for poor communication skills and made a professor in the communications college with tenure?

Siap.

Because they're fos.

What butchna was alluding to. Bev followed orders from the HOH until fans and some boosters/board members turned. She chose "our side" and stood against their outsourcing plan also. The target on her back was placed without question.

The focus act appointees, followed by this, just confirms what most already knew. We didn't win the war, just a battle. They want full control and the ability to appoint business associates to positions of power., along with awarding them contracts.

It's every bit dirty and disgusting as it appears at face value and then some.
****the HOH.

Reactions: 3 people
Because they're fos.

What butchna was alluding to. Bev followed orders from the HOH until fans and some boosters/board members turned. She chose "our side" and stood against their outsourcing plan also. The target on her back was placed without question.

The focus act appointees, followed by this, just confirms what most already knew. We didn't win the war, just a battle. They want full control and the ability to appoint business associates to positions of power., along with awarding them contracts.

****the HOH.

I was being facetious with that post because it had been posted several times already.

Anyway, yea I get most of it, but there's still parts that don't make sense, but I really don't care tonight. Is what it is.

Because they're fos.

****the HOH.

its really unfortunate that they didn't throw that POS in jail when they had the chance. But as usual, justice can be bought

If Haslam wants to treat UT like the Browns south, I can be as big a fan of UT as I am of the Browns. I'm a fan of college ball because the teams are generally not little fiefdoms run by rich narcissists.

I grew up within walking distance of UT, but there are other college teams.

Reactions: 4 people
I was being facetious with that post because it had been posted several times already.

Anyway, yea I get most of it, but there's still parts that don't make sense, but I really don't care tonight. Is what it is.

I've learned more than I probably ever wanted to know about them. Any questions that I'm capable of helping with, let me know.

Btw, I knew you were being facetious, you're Behr. :),

IF this is a Haslam power play, they've more than likely overplayed their hand. Other high dollar donors are not likely to continue to give money if they don't get a voice at the table. And as much money as they have, the Haslam family doesn't have enough to fund the university by themselves. It will be interesting to see who eventually gets the job and how the hiring process is handled. I'm not all in on believing this is a Haslam power play myself. You don't achieve success by being completely stupid, and if this is some ploy by the family, it seems completely stupid. I'm more inclined to believe Bev just wasn't very good at her job. At least we'll have something to keep our interest this offseason.

IF this is a Haslam power play, they've more than likely overplayed their hand. Other high dollar donors are not likely to continue to give money if they don't get a voice at the table. And as much money as they have, the Haslam family doesn't have enough to fund the university by themselves. It will be interesting to see who eventually gets the job and how the hiring process is handled. I'm not all in on believing this is a Haslam power play myself. You don't achieve success by being completely stupid, and if this is some ploy by the family, it seems completely stupid. I'm more inclined to believe Bev just wasn't very good at her job. At least we'll have something to keep our interest this offseason.

Have you seen how ineptly HoH runs the browns?

This can’t bode well for Fulmer. Phil Fulmer is not long for AD in my opinion. He seems to have an unseemly non-public side; backstabbing and conniving.

IDK, I can't think of anything Phil has done wrong since being hired.

He reached out to all of the athletes from all sports upon being hired.

He made a solid hire in Jeremy Pruitt (potentially the best football hire of 2017).

He has been there for CJP but he hasn't gotten in the way either.

And he singlehandedly resurrected the Men's Basketball Program!

It's not about money for the Haslam, it's about power. They really don't care if UT is successful in sports or as a school, just as long as they get to call the shots. Bev defied them, so she had to go. Simple as that.

Reactions: 4 people
idk, i can't think of anything phil has done wrong since being hired.

He reached out to all of the athletes from all sports upon being hired.

He made a solid hire in jeremy pruitt (potentially the best football hire of 2017).

He has been there for cjp but he hasn't gotten in the way either.

and he singlehandedly resurrected the men's basketball program!

hoh

If Haslam wants to treat UT like the Browns south, I can be as big a fan of UT as I am of the Browns. I'm a fan of college ball because the teams are generally not little fiefdoms run by rich narcissists.

I grew up within walking distance of UT, but there are other college teams.

Or, and here's a stretch, spend more of your one life branching out and experience other awesome stuff besides watching tackle football. Some like variety, others embrace consistency. Why not give each a shot?

I know, brother. My daughters are coming out of Vanderbilt literally brainwashed on social, political, and economic issues. Colleges these days....

Come on, JP. You are retired military, so you are as brain washed as your daughters ever will be.

Enlightenment is the only thing which will keep any society from reverting to the horrors of the Hitler era. Learn to live in harmony with it. It has been going on for centuries and will hopefully go on for centuries to come.

You are a solid dude and my favorite poster around here. I am sorry to take a jab at you. It is just I never figured you would have a problem with enlightenment. And, in the end, I refuse to believe you do. :hi:

VN Store

Back