Davenport Fired

Well if I remember correctly during the coaching search and the Schiano fiasco a lot of people on her wanted her fired..
no matter what..this stinks to high heaven..
There has to be more to it...
We have become a real life soap opera now...

Those emails and texts released related to Currie firing made her look incompetent and awful.

Reactions: 1 person
Well if I remember correctly during the coaching search and the Schiano fiasco a lot of people on her wanted her fired..
no matter what..this stinks to high heaven..
There has to be more to it...
We have become a real life soap opera now...

There were many that thought she stood up to the Haslams in forcing Currie to rescind on Schiano, firing Currie, then hiring Fulmer. Once I referred to her as Mother VolNation for telling the House of Haslam to kick rocks.

Reactions: 3 people
Ever since hearing her speak twice in public during the coaching search, I've felt she isn't Chancellor material.

Give me 85,000 dollars and a lifetime supply of yee-haw beer from Johnson city ( preferably the dunkle or the 80) and I’ll be right as rain. That’s a pretty good deal if you ask me.

they change leadership like its Kelly Temp Services. Something bad is happening up on the hill. And s***t rolls down hill. No wonder the athletic department has been in turmoil for years.

Is? This is SOP for the last decade. UT is a hot mess from the top down.

This can’t bode well for Fulmer. Phil Fulmer is not long for AD in my opinion. He seems to have an unseemly non-public side; backstabbing and conniving.

Reactions: 4 people
My conclusion is she was in charge of the nationally televised coaching search that set our program back 10 years. You think its over because a coach was hired but every color commentator on every UT game will go over the process again step by step. I think the whole crew should have been canned when Schiano was chosen. Its unfair because they are hired as administrators with no athletic experience then propose to guide an operation of this magnitude.

Seem to remember Currie being “in charge”. Until she fixed it. I don’t judge someone by one error...I judge the totality. She stood up when nobody else would and signed her exit papers when she gave Fulmer the extension. I knew if she was fired we would be on the wrong side of the fallout. So I definitely wasn’t calling for it. Welcome to what you wanted...it’s here. :pinch:

Reactions: 2 people
Yep. I hope Dr. Joe's replacement is this guy...

President's Bio

and he will name UTK president.

I didn't read the bio because I didn't want any factual details to get in the way of my first impression from the photo.

Dude's rockin a yellow bowtie over gingham. With a jaunty tilt, no less. And the smile says the rest.

If you're repping Dorothy Gale in your university president bio pic, you're not just some Oz fan, you're straightup Judy Garland fanboy. Hell, maybe he even does weekend impersonations.

I say bring him on.

This can’t bode well for Fulmer. Phil Fulmer is not long for AD in my opinion. He seems to have an unseemly non-public side; backstabbing and conniving.

If that’s a Gator fan’s opinion, we definitely need to keep him. Gator fans are the crust at the bottom of the cesspool.

Reactions: 7 people
He isn't entirely off base though. Fulmer has a political side to him too.

And Urban and Saban and Dabo...goes on and on. He wasn’t talking “political”. He was taking a personal shot. Jeremy Foley was and is a lowlife.

Fulmer is next!!!!! The Emperor HOH will have Darth Joe hunt down all who opposes the HOH empire!!!!!

If they axe Fulmer it will be the worst mistake they ever made at this point. I was a not a big fan of the Davenport hiring, I think she was in over her head from the get go. I am also not a fan of Haslams running everything if they are indeed trying to do it. Hiring Phillip was a good move, he got us a good football coach and just received a 4 year extension. If they tried to fire Phil right now it would be the ultimate mistake. So while I am glad Davenport is leaving as I don't think she was the right fit for UT overall, most of Tennessee fans will be watching to see if this University and the BOT can actually make a hire that makes sense. Not a person that just does what it is told, but can also explain his or her views to everyone. The BOT needs to take some lessons as well. The fans and donors of UT are watching. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: 6 people
I know the Haslam's see UT as an investment vehicle, but I really do think they believe success and return on investment are mutually exclusive. I'm sure Haslam will push for some way under qualified guidance counselor to be the new AD as soon as they can find a way to kick Phil out.

And Urban and Saban and Dabo...goes on and on. He wasn’t talking “political”. He was taking a personal shot. Jeremy Foley was and is a lowlife.

Jaws can speak for himself, but it seems like he was talking political. Backstabbing and conniving are qualities of a very political person. I know we're all seemingly thrilled Phil's back, but we're really happy about the fact that he's there because Haslam appeared to lose a power struggle. Phil got satisfied and complacent in his last few years at Tennessee and engaged in political maneuvering of his own to keep his job until he lost a power struggle himself.

Urban is a scumbag, agreed, but not sure he or any of those other guys you mention played a role in the removal of their own HC while out for medical reasons so they could swoop in and take the job.

I see why Bammers hate Phil; Gators, not so much. They owned him. I say they could be more objective in this case.

This is how government works. Reason #1,253,838,001 why We The People need to fight, scratch, and claw every step of the way so as to NOT give this monster one more ounce of power, taxation, control, or influence over us.

Tyranny in a can.

I know the Haslam's see UT as an investment vehicle, but I really do think they believe success and return on investment are mutually exclusive. I'm sure Haslam will push for some way under qualified guidance counselor to be the new AD as soon as they can find a way to kick Phil out.

If they KICK Phil OUT, they will lose a lot of support. I know, I know they got money but why keep kicking the fans in the nads by doing this? I am hopeful this is not the plan, they should be wanting to work with this AD and the Coach along with the fans. Why would you want to keep railing at this point? Time will tell. GBO!!!!

Remember this gem:

In a Twitter post Saturday morning, Davenport encouraged people to come to Neyland Stadium at 5:30 a.m. Wednesday for "Rokerthon 3" — in which Today Show weatherman Al Roker will visit five colleges in five days and attempt to set world records at each.

UT is hoping to bring out more than 4,000 students, faculty and staff to form the largest human letter, a Power T.

Be a part of another Tennessee championship @TODAYshow#rokerthon Wed, 31st, 5:30 am. Help make the biggest PowerT. https://twitter.com/utknoxville/status/845360337327177733

— Beverly Davenport (@ChancellorDav) March 25, 2017

Wide agreement on WATE

Panel of varied political types all agreed this was a good thing for UTK.

George Korda said what I felt that her greatest priority of Inclusion and Diversity as that was all she really wanted to speak about.

One can do that as a professor or department head but as Chancellor or President, you better not be a one-trick pony. Especially when we see other universities who had their reputations and enrollments just crushed by the Diversity and Inclusion loons running the campus (ie Mizzou, Evergreen State, Berkley,) A chancellor has to be a grown up.

Reactions: 8 people
Jaws can speak for himself, but it seems like he was talking political.

I see why Bammers hate Phil; Gators, not so much. They owned him. I say they could be more objective in this case.

Jaws could care less about Phil one way or the other, but he does enjoy him some stirring the pot on VN.com.

In other words: we're his target, not Coach Fulmer.

Suck it, Jaws. :)

Reactions: 5 people
Wide agreement on WATE

Panel of varied political types all agreed this was a good thing for UTK.

George Korda said what I felt that her greatest priority of Inclusion and Diversity as that was all she really wanted to speak about.

One can do that as a professor or department head but as Chancellor or President, you better not be a one-trick pony. Especially when we see other universities who had their reputations and enrollments just crushed by the Diversity and Inclusion loons running the campus (ie Mizzou, Evergreen State, Berkley,) A chancellor has to be a grown up.

You sound like you are really well-informed on this, but I find it really hard to believe that she was fired purely or primarily because she simply was that bad at her job.

Executive-level people like this are usually only forced out for 1) some kind of gross misconduct or 2) they lose power struggles. She'd only been there a year too. It would make more sense if she had been there for many years and had a long list of questionable decisions she had made.

Last edited:
Dipietro should be ashamed. That letter is very unprofessional and made things personal. I gaurantee her first call is to an attorney.

She had the stones to stand up to dictator Haslam, and she got pinched. i dont disagree we needed a diff direction. But ****, had Bill played GM, Chester Molestor would be at the helm.

She should have been put on a PAP. Personal feelings should be kept out of business dealings, at that level.

Dipietro cited an 'us' v. 'them' mentality among her peers. I believe that to be 'those who deeply care about ahletics and winning' and 'those who care about self preservation, and title'.

Thank you for your service to UT, maam. Thank you for hiring Phil and for firing Currie. You were thrown under the bus foe having biffer stones than anyone else

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Jaws can speak for himself, but it seems like he was talking political. Backstabbing and conniving are qualities of a very political person. I know we're all seemingly thrilled Phil's back, but we're really happy about the fact that he's there because Haslam appeared to lose a power struggle. Phil got satisfied and complacent in his last few years at Tennessee and engaged in political maneuvering of his own to keep his job until he lost a power struggle himself.

Urban is a scumbag, agreed, but not sure he or any of those other guys you mention played a role in the removal of their own HC while out for medical reasons so they could swoop in and take the job.

Why would Urban remove HIMSELF by faking a heart attack so he could get out of a buyout situation? But he did. Common denominators between Bama and Gator fans? Neither have OUR best intentions in mind. Disregarding any point they make is effortless. “Objective”...:lol:

VN Store

Back