Darnell Washington Announces He Did Sign On NSD

If there is anything I’ve learned around here the last 12+ years...as an “insider”...there about as many “insiders” around here...as there are...skinny Eskimo women over the age of 18 years old...or courageous, French military heroes...or airline baggage claim office workers, happy to see passengers enter their counter area...

There were a few in the rf convinced by a joke that I was a dawg troll. 😂 we need a virtual waffle house to settle all disagreements!

😅That was.. umm, something.
And I'm sure you already know but that wasn't representative of the overwhelming majority.

Reactions: joevol33
So what you're saying is you will forever hate this kid because UT didn't sign the guy you wasted so much time believing he was coming here

No, not at all. I believe he is telling us that we have at least two more great recruits. I think he is hinting that, at the very least, it is Washington. Why would he make such a claim if he wasn't sure? Of course, I could be wrong.

My aunt’s husband (2nd time married, so not my actual uncle) recruited Darnell while he worked at Ole Miss (he was recently let go with the staff overhaul). He seems pretty certain that Darnell is going to Georgia.

Reactions: Chattdawg
No, not at all. I believe he is telling us that we have at least two more great recruits. I think he is hinting that, at the very least, it is Washington. Why would he make such a claim if he wasn't sure? Of course, I could be wrong.
He hasn't made ANY claim about the potential recruits star status, you only assume they're 5 stars

Just to clarify for those who continue to miss it. First, he didn’t go to a game to see Harrison Bailey. He went to a game Harrison Bailey happened to be in. It was a game in his home town between two powerhouse programs and he would have gone to see any game like that. The fact that he talked to Bailey isn’t anything. He talked to a lot of the players.

Second, the date of his announcement has zero to do with the date of our bowl game. He had decided to announce at the All-Star game before we accepted the bowl bid for that date. It’s purely coincidence. Kids used to announce at their All-Star games all the time before the early signing period but since then a few have tried to keep it silent and still do it like that.

As far as why schools he didn’t pick would keep it quiet, I imagine it is a trust thing. You deal with kids and develop a reputation. If a coach was to promise to keep it silent regardless of his choosing and then goes against that it wouldn’t hurt their team short term but the word would get out that their word isn’t good. And that matters long term with future recruits. That’s my thoughts about it anyway.
And you know all of this how? Exactly, just your thoughts. So we haven't really missed anything except your thoughts.

This may disappoint you, but I don't think UT is a trash program with trash fans. I save my hatred for Yech, UF, and the Barn.
True. Most Dawg fans I know...and I lived in Atlanta area for 20 years, have Vols low on their rivalry pecking order. I think for us Vols that UGA is still our third biggest rival behind Bama and Uf. However, they might be our most important due to distance and our need to recruit Atlanta.

He probably got to know Bailey pretty well during the recruitment process. They may have even talked about playing together on the same team. He may have even told Bailey that he was going to join him at UT. My guess is that when they talked at this game it had something to do with Washington letting Bailey know he had changed his mind and signed with UGA. Probably didn’t want his friend to find out through ESPN or Twitter.
My God, this level of mind reading is impressive.

I’ll put it this way on this. I don’t know Atlanta Vol, and I certainly can’t tell you who he is. For all of the people that I’ve talked to in the last 3 to 4 years, I might’ve talked to him face to face, or talked to him on the phone, don’t know. I feel like I’ve met him somewhere before, and I’ve certainly have talked to him recently possible. Here is why? I’ve learned that the comments that he has made in the RF about the last visit from Darnell about 4 or 5 months ago was absolutely the truth to me by a guy that I spoke to face to face. Now, I’m not saying it was him or not, and I certainly don’t want to say that. From what I’ve heard, and him saying 90% ours, I have to put it right about 80% ours now, that Darnell is coming here. AV may be the guy that I’ve reached out to many of times about his situation. Yet again, it may not be him. but yet I have talked to someone that sounds just like him face to face, and on the phone that what he has put out in the RF, for the last seven months that I haven’t said anything about. Well, hang on to your hats, because this is going to be a wild ride for about 9 more days, and certainly right now AV’s has my attention on what he telling you, and what I’m saying.

I’ll put it this way on this. I don’t know Atlanta Vol, and I certainly can’t tell you who he is. For all of the people that I’ve talked to in the last 3 to 4 years, I might’ve talked to him face to face, or talked to him on the phone, don’t know. I feel like I’ve met him somewhere before, and I’ve certainly have talked to him recently possible. Here is why? I’ve learned that the comments that he has made in the RF about the last visit from Darnell about 4 or 5 months ago was absolutely the truth to me by a guy that I spoke to face to face. Now, I’m not saying it was him or not, and I certainly don’t want to say that. From what I’ve heard, and him saying 90% ours, I have to put it right about 80% ours now, that Darnell is coming here. AV may be the guy that I’ve reached out to many of times about his situation. Yet again, it may not be him. but yet I have talked to someone that sounds just like him face to face, and on the phone that what he has put out in the RF, for the last seven months that I haven’t said anything about. Well, hang on to your hats, because this is going to be a wild ride for about 9 more days, and certainly right now AV’s has my attention on what he telling you, and what I’m saying.
I personally think we get him, of course I have nothing to base that off of. Just a feeling!

I personally think we get him, of course I have nothing to base that off of. Just a feeling!
Hey Sara, I hope you’re doing good today. I can tell you that I don’t have anything to go on either, but the way AV has put it, and the explanations to me is certainly a good vibe for volnation. My confidence level went really sky high after just talking to some people, and a guy that sounds like AV. I’m not certain if it was or not, but you can tell that the guy sounds like him from the RF though, and the way he gives some info over there.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Hey Sara, I hope you’re doing good today. I can tell you that I don’t have anything to go on either, but the way AV has put it, and the explanations to me is certainly a good vibe for volnation. My confidence level went really sky high after just talking to some people, and a guy that sounds like AV. I’m not certain if it was or not, but you can tell that the guy sounds like him from the RF though, and the way he gives some info over there.
I'm doing well, thank you. Hope things are wonderful in your corner of the world. Are you going to the game? I don't visit the RF often, only on rare occasion. I had wondered where AV was hanging out.

You haven’t given up? I thought you were going to stop making stuff up after you got muted from the RF.

VN Store

Back