Darnell Washington Announces He Did Sign On NSD

I wonder what the purpose is in this?

Read this and tell me all signs don’t point to this man in orange. I will be shocked if he doesn’t commit:

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/12/21/5-star-darnell-washington-signs-early-waiting-to-reveal

CliffsNotes:

We got his last official
He visited us a dozen other times
He is announcing on our bowl day
He went to see Bailey play in Vegas
Bailey threw for 410 yards and 6 touchdowns in ONE HALF
We didn’t recruit another tight end
Pruitt said this class isn’t done with certainty on Finebom

I think that says a lot!

Yeah, I actually like the RF and go over there a lot, but many posters over there have an elitist attitude to posters who don’t go over there. They make all these comments about outsiders from the FF. I’ve seen them tell people to go back to this FF. They hate this time of year because all these outsiders come in there and asking questions and they act like you are a dumba$$. It’s totally unacceptable to me.

Ive been at the blunt end of RF jerks stick times, it seems that forum is the private domain of a select few.

Why would he go to Harrison Bailey's game unless it was to see the QB that would be throwing him the ball for the next 3 years? Maybe I'm reading too much into it or just looking for a reason to think we got him. 4-5 trips to Knoxville, coupled with this make me think he's an odds on favorite to be a Vol.
Probably to get interviewed on ESPN

Don't you agree it's odd? Maybe "the" school could have asked him to keep it quiet because of a potential recruit. I don't know, just trying to give him the benefit of doubt. Maybe this happens all the time, I just don't recall that....
Not abnormal for a few to sign on ESD and wait until the all America game to announce in January. It's happened every year since ESD became official 3 yrs ago.

I wonder what the purpose is in this?

Per 247
The five-star tight end had a final five of Tennessee, Georgia, Miami, Alabama, and Florida heading into the early signing period, so one of those five teams likely got his signature. But the public won’t know which of those teams he signed with until January 2nd. Which, ironically, is the same day as Tennessee’s bowl game against Indiana in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl.

Washington is the No. 10 overall prospect and No. 1 athlete in the 2020 class per the 247Sports Composite rankings. He participated in Nike’s The Opening Finals over the summer and, as previously mentioned, will be in the All-American Game on January 2nd.

The Vols hosted Washington on an official visit on December 13th, getting his last official visit before he made his decision on where to sign. UT also hosted him on an unofficial visit in November, and he’s made half a dozen trips to Knoxville throughout his recruitment. Washington took official visits to the other four schools among his finalists, too.

Tennessee currently has 21 signees in their 2020 class from the early signing period. The Vols’ class ranks No. 15 in the country on 247Sports, and UT didn’t sign any tight end prospects among those 21 recruits on Wednesday.

As a side note, Harrison Bailey and Marietta won the contest against Eastern Catholic High School 53-14. Bailey threw for 410 yards and six touchdowns, all in the first half.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Read this and tell me all signs don’t point to this man in orange. I will be shocked if he doesn’t commit:

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/12/21/5-star-darnell-washington-signs-early-waiting-to-reveal

CliffsNotes:

We got his last official

I think that says a lot!
:eek:

Thats more TD's thrown in a half than some QB's on our roster did in two years in highschool combined.

Last edited:
I lost a bet a few weeks ago saying Kiffin wasn't a serious HC candidate at any SEC school a day or two before he got hired at Ole Miss. Was sure of it and posted as much only minutes before the news broke he had the job.. LoL.. I still predict that reject will massively fail buhahahaha!! I'm gonna sit this one out though. Win, lose, or draw Go BIG Orange I give you my all!

Reactions: Sara Clark
Google research revealed this kids top schools were AL., FL.,GA., Miami, and TN. It appears that Alabama was in the lead, also, Alabama revealed that they signed a kid who wasn't ready to reveal (for whatever freakin reason). So that makes me think Alabama. However, TN is the only one on the list that plays on Jan. 2nd. That kinda makes me think TN is his choice. If he's trying to create interest, it's working, cause I'm watching.

Google research revealed this kids top schools were AL., FL.,GA., Miami, and TN. It appears that Alabama was in the lead, also, Alabama revealed that they signed a kid who wasn't ready to reveal (for whatever freakin reason). So that makes me think Alabama. However, TN is the only one on the list that plays on Jan. 2nd. That kinda makes me think TN is his choice. If he's trying to create interest, it's working, cause I'm watching.
If I've learned anything over the last 10-15 years, it's prepare to be disappointed, so I'm not holding my breath.

CliffsNotes:

We got his last official

I think that says a lot!
For all the other teams we play for the next three years, I am afraid he will be playing for Tennessee.

Also of note he says he's announcing on Jan 2. Also the same day UT is playing it's bowl game!

Guys the Jan 2 date is just a coincidence, that's been the date of the Under Amour All American game where many kids make their announcements every year... Nothing special about the date we just happen to be playing on Jan 2

Last edited:

VN Store

Back