Darel Middleton to the transfer portal

Not really, but this? I gotta read.
Remember when Kiffin got here most of the commits that were committed signed else where some like with Pruitt might have been better than what we had. Most of Kiffin recruits were somewhat highly rated but after he left so did they and well so did Pruitt's recruits. When Kiffin left the NCAA was looking at us need I say more.

I get it that some turnover is “good” turnover and it’s not like these veterans were world beaters in our 3-7 season last year, but losing any depth really hurts in our Front 7. My biggest concern is the fact we will have a nonexistent pass rush, which will further stress our thin Secondary. Was hoping we’d add Prunty at CB for depth. Maybe DaJon Terry can make an immediate impact up front. Fact of the matter is, this is going to be a mediocre unit. I do trust Rodney Garner. What you see on Twitter from these kids doesn’t tell the full story on their work ethic, drive and will to get better. I think Middleton is FOS.

I think if you go back to 2019, and when the DL started playing well..it coincided with the offense producing yardage and TOP and more points. When the QB rotation started.
Also Bituli got healthy and Bryce got off punishment. AND...we didn't play very explosive teams. Bama, but then we hurt TUA.

2020 was the total demoralization of Tennessee Football, spearheaded by the QB, HC, and AD.

2021 we have a proven offensive guy. His teams are always Top 10 if not Top 5 offense in the country. So potentially you have the first variable that helps the Dline- an offense that scores and puts pressure on the other offense
- The defense will have more juice and enthusiasm just because it's new opportunity. Now assignment and alignment accuracy remains to be seen. But the fire will be there from the jump.

- our run game will give our defense rest.
-talent. At every level on defense we have guys with multiple SEC offers.

I won't sit here and say, we will have a Top 25 defense. I think it will top 35 maybe? Not enough information yet. As such, can't really know if theyll suck either....

So he's back in the transfer portal.. looks like he may be interested in coming back? How many years left?

Middleton Officially Enters the Transfer Portal

As I understand it; it's a one time transfer rule. He can't transfer back without sitting a year. Kinda reminds me of the basketball player that transferred to USC, but was still recording songs about Rocky Top.

As I understand it; it's a one time transfer rule. He can't transfer back without sitting a year. Kinda reminds me of the basketball player that transferred to USC, but was still recording songs about Rocky Top.

So can this year be his sit out year or did he play for West Virginia?

So can this year be his sit out year or did he play for West Virginia?
He played a little. If he played less than four games; maybe; not sure. Let's face it, just because he's coming to see his old buddies doesn't necessarily mean he wants to come back here. I liked him in 19; seemed to regress, as the whole team did last year.

The way I understand it is that the NCAA now allows a one-time transfer without skipping a year. In addition to that, "blanket amnesty" was given to all this year due to COVID. Depending on interpretation of the two regulations, I could easily see him jump right back in.

VN Store

Back