Daniel West ruled ineligible

Daniel West ineligible, Gruden not coming, and Giles de-committing. What an awful day.

I love the way Tabb plays, and if he can give us 12 minutes or so at the point with his energy, then I am all for it. In my opinion, I really think he can help us, now that West is out. Would rather West had not been ruled ineligible, but sometimes good things come from what seem like bad things at the time.

Good point. Tabb has always played hard but has received fewer opportunities each season. This is his big chance. If he proves himself to be at least a serviceable backup PG, I'm sure Bruce would gladly leave Prince on the wing.

That puts us very very thin at the point guard position once again. I hope Bobby Maze is in incredible shape.

maybe not "epic" then bpv, but right now how many true PGs does UT have that have ever played a regular season game for them?

That answer is really bad, but what's worse is the answer to this question, "How many PGs are on UT's current roster?"

With a team that will struggle outside the arc with the new lines, Tennessee could be in some serious trouble in conference play and especially this postseason.

I guess his options are either go to JUCO, or support himself throughout the entire year paying his way through school. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's his options right now.

Get ready to see a walk-on run the point on occasion this year.

No. Trust me, if Tabb and Prince both are injured or in academic trouble or something at one point in the season, Tyler Smith will bring the ball up before him, if we're playing a quality opponent.

I think Tabb can turn into a useable back up point guard for this team. I don't know why, but it feels right.

I think Tabb can turn into a useable back up point guard for this team. I don't know why, but it feels right.

I've kind of had the same feeling. I have nothing to base it on, but PG would seem like a possible good fit for someone who plays lockdown defense but doesn't present a huge scoring threat. As long as he can distribute the ball, he should be at least serviceable.

Pearl was on the radio yesterday and said Tabb had worked as hard if not harder than anyone this summer and would be serviceable.

I'd really love to see Tabb make good on this opportunity. He's just usually been the odd man out.

If im not mistaken, Tabb ran the point a little in the open scrimmage the day of the Alabama football game.

He's been running the point for the scout team since West was held out of practice earlier this semester.

VN Store

Back