Dang, sounds like Cody Brown wants out

565218-warner_home_video.jpg

Instead of athletic director White having a meeting with the fans about social media maybe they should have a meeting with the players about social media.

Reactions: GBOx2
The program that have you the scholarship. That’s not difficult.
That same program that gave the AD, HC, coaching staff, and recruiting staff signed contracts and then terminated them?

So, the program is "good and okay" to terminate contracts with coaches and staff but the players are "bad and disloyal" to terminate their scholarship agreements with the program?

I agree. Let them go and sign wherever they can sign if they don't want to be here. I don't wan to talk anybody that don't want to be here to stay. If you can do better than me, then go. Just go. But remember. True love is hard to find. You got lucky. When I found you.

That's the other part of this: Folks are insinuating he DIDN'T contact the coach.

Really? You know this? We've known very little going on, the coach is certainly new to us, but suddenly WE KNOW this player went straight to social media and didn't contact the coach first?

Sure. Y'all are full of crap. You know nothing, I know nothing of the discussions that have happened between White, Heupel, and any players.

It's about respect. You expect the players to have respect for Tennessee, but look at the respect you show the players.
I don't give a chit who he contacted or when. If the kid wants out, get the hell out. No need to start this BS on social media about wanting to be f-ing "free". As for respect, that's earned. Kid hasn't played a damned snap at UT. Good luck to him where ever he ends up, but if he's waiting for fans to freak out over an 18 year old talking about a transfer, well, he's SOL.

Reactions: GBOx2 and tbh
If you are a QB, WR, TE, or RB....as a recruit or on our roster wanting to get multiple touches of the ball and score TDs...like arcade type stats this is now your chance. I’m not sure why you would have signed with the previous staff’s offensive train wreck to start with. Then when an HC that lights it up every where he’s coached and curb stomped mighty Kiffin’s face in twice....you wouldn’t want to be part of that offensive system now? I thought kids liked being on Sports Center Plays of the Week/Gameday Highlights???

1611961080355.gif

That same program that gave the AD, HC, coaching staff, and recruiting staff signed contracts and then terminated them?

So, the program is "good and okay" to terminate contracts with coaches and staff but the players are "bad and disloyal" to terminate their scholarship agreements with the program?

Here is the difference. Those staffers signed contracts and many of them wound up violating the terms of said contracts. A player wanting out now shows that he was loyal to a coach or set of coaches and not to the program that actual have them their original opportunity.

It’s his choice and right to do so. It’s also a move that rightfully deserves criticism.

That's the other part of this: Folks are insinuating he DIDN'T contact the coach.

Really? You know this? We've known very little going on, the coach is certainly new to us, but suddenly WE KNOW this player went straight to social media and didn't contact the coach first?

Sure. Y'all are full of crap. You know nothing, I know nothing of the discussions that have happened between White, Heupel, and any players.

It's about respect. You expect the players to have respect for Tennessee, but look at the respect you show the players.

How was the program disrespectful to Brown?

Here is the difference. Those staffers signed contracts and many of them wound up violating the terms of said contracts. A player wanting out now shows that he was loyal to a coach or set of coaches and not to the program that actual have them their original opportunity.

It’s his choice and right to do so. It’s also a move that rightfully deserves criticism.
It's an easy argument that the school didn't live up to the agreement the player's had also. It's a sure bet ALL recruits are told, "I'll be here for you." That verbal agreement is breached if you fire the coach.

Everyone here hopes for coaches who are "good recruiters" which means coaches who can appeal to an athlete and make them want to come play for THEM. Certainly, the school reputation and prominence and culture play into it but to think that an athlete doesn't know they're going to interact primarily with the coaching staff and that that's not a major factor in a choice is just ridiculous.

Let's just be honest. If you fire the entire coaching and recruiting staff, the athletes should get a free pass to leave if they desire and our support in their choices. THEY didn't ask for a dumpster fire.

I'm beginning to wonder why players don't transfer at halftime when the team is behind on the scoreboard or when they feel like they are not getting enough playing time.

Reactions: CAVPUT
I'm curious what this "Program" you want them committed to is, exactly?

The AD, HC, and most (if not all) of the coaches and staff that recruited them are gone. A number of their teammates are gone. A totally new situation is being installed.......

Where is that "Program" they originally committed to?

They should love the laundry as much as I do!!

As Inky Johnson said on 104.5..............

"If you want out - get the hell out"
"If I have to convince you to stay - get the hell out."

UT need players committed to the University and the Program....not just committed to themselves.
Damned straight Inky. I've had my fill of these whiny prima donnas.

Bye, I hate to see you go as much as any current or future Vol . With that being said if you do go here are a few things to consider when making your next choice:

1. NEVER commit to a coach no matter who they are because if they break rules or have a few bad seasons while you are there they will be gone.

2 . Think about the school you choose and not just the Football team , the academic and environment as well.

3. Think about the connections you can make at that school and how that may benefit you when and if you graduate.

4. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT, consider the quality of education you will receive at the school you attend and is that education in a field you feel comfortable potentially using for the rest of you working life. This is very important because injuries happen unfortunately and only 1.6% of all NCAA football players ever get the chance to play in the pros.

As Inky Johnson said on 104.5..............

"If you want out - get the hell out"
"If I have to convince you to stay - get the hell out."

UT need players committed to the University and the Program....not just committed to themselves.
Wait a minute. Inky said this? When?
GBO!!

People need to grow up and stop throwing out every passing emotion that hits them on social media. It doesn't help them or anyone else to share every thought they have by the minute. You can make an ass of yourself and go back and delete the post, but once it's out there, it's out there. Twatter is as much a tool for impulsive babies as it is for sharing useful info. You don't like your new situation, understood. Ask for a release/transfer whatever. If they deny you, appeal to the proper channels. Negatively shading the recruiting of your school trying to restart in a bad situation by blasting your want to get away within a few days of a new coach being installed is just immature and selfish. They have every right to want to get out of an agreement that was turned south on them, but twitter isn't the way.

There’s a song that goes

No one really knows the ones they love / if you knew everything they thought about you’d wish that they’d just shut up.

I liked not knowing.

Reactions: Wezcoast

VN Store

Back