Dang, sounds like Cody Brown wants out

This is where waiting so long to fire Pruitt hurts us. The new staff has zero time to replace these signees that want out.
This is where NCAA need to adjust the rules. No matter how many transfer out, you can’t just replace them. UT has 5 spots left to either recruit or grab in the portal. How many have left? 26 have hit the portal?

NCAA needs to come up with a system where if you lose players, you can get counters back.

If a kid wants out, let him go. If not, he will only become cancerous and spread his negativity throughout the team. Pretty sure JH isn't gonna keep someone who wants to go, not after hearing him speak about everyone being on the same page and moving in the right direction.

Reactions: LittleVol
There similar type body size. A back like Brown can thrive in Heupel’s system because it is a variable system.

With the last staff and offense, UT ran so few plays.

In Heupel's system, I expect there to be a lot more touches to go around versus what we've seen.

Seems like a good situation for offensive skill players.

It's okay. Jeremy Banks might get a chance to be the guy at MLB now :cool:

I'm sorry if Cody Brown wants out, but if he does then he really should at least give the new coach an opportunity to recruit him. If the coach does not do that, then Brown has a reason to think he's not wanted. There are procedures for these circumstances. At this point, there's no need for throwing a public pity party.

Last edited:
I’d let anyone go anytime they wanted to. The last thing I want is a kid here if he doesn’t want to be here. They are too much trouble in the long run. Of course I guess they are adults for the most part. Making good decisions should be something they are developing so let them decide and go. JMO but I’m really tiring of concerning myself about this type stuff.

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
Agreed.....in this scenario, the right thing to do at the end of the day is release them. That being said, I hope they give him a chance to recruit them himself, to make his pitch, and give him the opportunity to get them Heup-ed up......

I'm curious what this "Program" you want them committed to is, exactly?

The AD, HC, and most (if not all) of the coaches and staff that recruited them are gone. A number of their teammates are gone. A totally new situation is being installed.......

Where is that "Program" they originally committed to?

The program that have you the scholarship. That’s not difficult.

VN Store

Back