Da Reds thread

That is 7 straight games with a Votto homer. What is the MLB record anyone know?

Incredible. What got into him when he was chopping at the ball with a choked up grip a few yrs ago? As welcome as this streak is, makes you wonder how someone as skilled and educated about hitting as he is could have allowed himself to go so far down a rabbit hole that even us fans could see it wasn't going to work

Reactions: Vols4us
Incredible. What got into him when he was chopping at the ball with a choked up grip a few yrs ago? As welcome as this streak is, makes you wonder how someone as skilled and educated about hitting as he is could have allowed himself to go so far down a rabbit hole that even us fans could see it wasn't going to work

Yep. That's when I got off the Votto train. It actually pizzed me off to watch it. Even the FO and Bob C back got onto him about it one offseason when Jocketty was running things, but he kept doing it because he wanted to and they refused to come down on him. It all started to head this direction last season when he began experimenting with the upright stance that Suarez and AA were using. He was headed downhill with the choke up chop and needed something.

Reactions: Sea Ray
Don't understand how us Reds fans can't be excited about the future with guys like Winker, Tyler Stephenson, Jonathan India playing great in the big leagues and guys like Greene, Lodolo, and Jose Barrero down in the minor leagues.

Reactions: Sea Ray
Reds finally appreciating Votto after all these years. SAD!!!

Hi, Mrs. Votto.

Reds fans know that Table For One went through a period that did not endear himself to much of the fanbase. That began changing a few years ago.

1st multi-home run for the rookie tonight. If he can add a little power watch out.

He was known for his power in college. The ball jumped off hi bat, albeit aluminum. I never had any doubt that his power would come along. It looks like his development is following along the likes of Winker. Develop on base skills first; hit the ball hard and the power will come. I much prefer that to the Adam Dunn approach who started playing HR Derby when he came to the majors

India also led UF in SB's his last season. He clearly has the potential to be a 5 tool player.

1) Speed - see above. Always takes the extra base. Quick on his feet defensively.
2) Arm Strength - You can't play 3B (natural, drafted position) well and take reps at SS without it.
3) Fielding - He's playing a recently learned position at 2B well, improving daily. He was a vacuum cleaner at 3B in his past.
4) Hitting for Average - .281/.403 as a rookie and climbing. He had a .497 OBP at UF his last season.
5) Power - Had it at UF and is beginning to show signs of it in MLB. Appears to be developing into a 20+ per year HR guy with a lot of extra base hits.

To show how valuable you can be as even a 2 or 3 tool player look at Wink and Nick C.

The other potential 5 tool player is/was Senzel. Injuries and moving him to CF may have derailed that. Will see what happens, but it is time to prove it. Hope it does because having him, India, and Stephenson playing well to go with Wink, Votto and Nick C could mean really good times ahead.

The streak will likely end at 7 with Votto needing just about a foot more and he would had another homer in his last AB.

Hembree had just settled down and Bell yanks him for Doolittle who than gives up a run to tie the game. There are times when I think Bell is a good manager than he pulls crap like this. Oh well, at least Votto will have another crack at it.

Bell should be fired or resign tonight but he won't and the Reds media won't grill him either on that idiotic move. I still don't understand why you bring in Doolittle when Dominic Smith is batting .326 against lefty pitchers.

Brain dead move. Absolutely brain dead. Went totally against the analytics they are supposedly trusting. Even went against the eye test of what was actually happening with Hembree. You have to win games like this one to get in the playoffs.

I know its a very limited playing time but I really like Max Schrock's game. He has a single and solo home run and almost hit for the cycle early in the season before getting hurt. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back next year.

I keep waiting for Farmer to fall back to earth and just doesn't. Just scored Winker on a RBI triple. I'd almost think about playing him at 3B when/if Jose Barrero is called up just to keep his bat in the lineup.

I know its a very limited playing time but I really like Max Schrock's game. He has a single and solo home run and almost hit for the cycle early in the season before getting hurt. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back next year.

Career day for him. 5/5 with 2 R's and 2 RBI's. Wow.

VN Store

Back