Da Reds thread

I guess the question is do we sign him long term or trade him? While I know the logical baseball option would be to trade him for some quality pitching prospects I'm against it. He has become a fan favorite with the Reds.

I'm with you. Very likeable guy and I'd want near can't miss pitching in exchange and I wonder if he'd bring that based on 1 1/3 good years after 4 years of averaging 9 HR and 40 RBI

Best news I heard all day is that Riggleman plans to move Bailey into the pen should have been done ages ago.

The Reds are 28-28 in games that were started by the current rotation of Castillo, Disco, Romano, Mahle and Harvey. The Reds were 1-17 in games started by Bailey, Finnegan and Reed. If the current group stays healthy hopefully we can start to make up a little ground toward a .500 record. In fairness to Homer, while he was pitching poorly he was also getting little run support. The Reds scored 39 runs in his 12 starts. If we'd been hitting then like we have been the last month he'd have won a couple more games. Go Reds! More fun when you're competitive

Senzel been on fire since he came back from the vertigo. 8 multi hit games in the last 10. On a 11 game hit streak. Hit in 18 of the last 19. Season average up to .310 and OBP .380. Also has 8 steals in 10 tries.

The Reds are 28-28 in games that were started by the current rotation of Castillo, Disco, Romano, Mahle and Harvey. The Reds were 1-17 in games started by Bailey, Finnegan and Reed. If the current group stays healthy hopefully we can start to make up a little ground toward a .500 record. In fairness to Homer, while he was pitching poorly he was also getting little run support. The Reds scored 39 runs in his 12 starts. If we'd been hitting then like we have been the last month he'd have won a couple more games. Go Reds! More fun when you're competitive

Disco is clearly our best pitcher of the group he just has to remain healthy. I've been impressed with the last couple of outings that Sal and Mahle put up and if they get the consistency down it will be great. As far as Castillo I don't know what to make of him, he clearly has the stuff but I'm not sure if he'll figure it out. For Harvey he pitched a great game against the Cubs the other night, I was watching the game and the highlighted the fact he was throwing 95+ well into the 6th inning and he hasn't done that in a long time. I really don't see him being a Red next year though, he'll either be gone by the trade deadline or in free agency but if he can regain some of his early magic I wouldn't be opposed to retaining him for next year. At this point Homer just needs to be DFAed I'm tierd of his attitude.

Also the bullpen has been outstanding the last few weeks. One thing I would be interesting in doing is trying Brandon Finnegan in bullpen, his last few starts at Louisville have been horrible and I'm ready to give up on the idea of him being a starter but he may be good in the relief capacity I'm not sure.

Senzel been on fire since he came back from the vertigo. 8 multi hit games in the last 10. On a 11 game hit streak. Hit in 18 of the last 19. Season average up to .310 and OBP .380. Also has 8 steals in 10 tries.

Reds just announced he is having season ending surgery from an injury last night. We wouldn't be the Reds if something didn't go wrong while we're winning. Honestly I'm mad at the front office, Nick should have been brought up awhile ago. I know they said he didn't have a position on the big league roster but when someone was hitting like Senzel was you find a place and a role for him.

One last thing I think we clearly see how awful Price was. He went 3-15 before being fired since than Riggleman is 27-30 since April 19th with the same players and has winning streaks of 6, 3, and now 5. I'm not saying 100% give the full-time job to him but he deserves a legit shot at it.

Last edited:
What a fricking series. Reds sweep the Cubs and had to come back today. They were down 6-1 and had a 7 run 7th to take the lead.

Very sweet. Reds playing great right now. Didn't plan on going up this year after the bad start but now may have to head up for a series. Man it would have been fun to be there this series.

Very sweet. Reds playing great right now. Didn't plan on going up this year after the bad start but now may have to head up for a series. Man it would have been fun to be there this series.

I've never been to GABP and neither has my dad. May not be the year but I'm going to drag him to a weekend series one of these days.

I've never been to GABP and neither has my dad. May not be the year but I'm going to drag him to a weekend series one of these days.

We've been up about 10 times since GABP opened. We always stay in Covington and catch the dollar shuttle. It's a good, fun short trip

It's starting to click for Hunter Greene. His ERA was over 10 in his first 7 starts this year. His ERA is 2.23 over his last 7 starts. He gave up 30 hits his first 17 innings. He's given up 27 hits his last 37 innings. Strikeout to walk ratio in April and May was 2.5-1. In June it's 6-1.

It's starting to click for Hunter Greene. His ERA was over 10 in his first 7 starts this year. His ERA is 2.23 over his last 7 starts. He gave up 30 hits his first 17 innings. He's given up 27 hits his last 37 innings. Strikeout to walk ratio in April and May was 2.5-1. In June it's 6-1.

Really hoping he can be the ace in the starting rotation that we desperately need. Nick Senzel had surgery today but he actually didn't have tendon damage like what was reported early on. Perhaps we'll see him again this season after all.

Votto has lost his mind. He's going overboard arguing strikes lately. And he must lead the league in routine flyouts to left field by left handed hitters. Holy crap Joey make an adjustment

Only Reds fan can complain about a dude with a 144 OPS+ and thinks he should “make adjustments”

Votto has a 1.023 OPS in his last 27 games and you want him to make adjustments LMAO

Votto has lost his mind. He's going overboard arguing strikes lately. And he must lead the league in routine flyouts to left field by left handed hitters. Holy crap Joey make an adjustment

Eh, I'm not going to complain ever about Joey. By far the best Red I've grown up watching he has earned the right to complain. I do wonder though if he is starting to show his age this season.

That's right, I want more of those routine flies to left to get down for line drives, or a few more to get up and get out.

So you’re basically wanting a 1.500 OPS instead of 1.000. For all the problems the Red have had fans sure love to complain about their franchise player.

So you’re basically wanting a 1.500 OPS instead of 1.000. For all the problems the Red have had fans sure love to complain about their franchise player.

No. I don't expect his OBA to remain at .500, like it was in June. He walked a lot this month, even for Joey. I don't expect his OPS to remain above 1.000, nor do I care if it does. It seems to me like he's stuck making a certain kind of out more than usual and I want him to get unstuck. And he's good enough to do it - and he will do it. And his BA, his OBA, his SLG and his OPS won't go up when he does, it will just not annoy me as much when he's making outs a different way. It's just like I don't expect Hamilton to ever be a good hitter or have a high OBA, but I would love to see him do something tangible to stop popping out every 3rd at bat like Willie Mays Hayes. I'd like to see Duvall act like he understands how often he chases sliders off the plate and then try to do something about it. None of these things will make us play better or win more than we have the last month, but they will make my watching experience better.

Michael Lorenzen belts another homer. I wouldn't be opposed to trying him in the field like he did in college on the days when he isn't available to pitch, Riggleman has talked about it apparently per the game broadcast.

VN Store

Back