D’Angelo Gibbs

That's what alot of people told me when I told them none of that QANON bs was happening. I'd love for us to go undefeated, but there's not a reasonable basis to believe it, you do what you want, I'm keeping my cup on.
That’s what being in this country is about for now, people can agree to disagree. Better hope it stays like this

Make mine a double double of what you are having.
We have very little top level SEC talent.
Pump on, i hope to catch some of your optimism.
I need it. I see nothing on our roster that makes me believe New Coach can succeed. His year 0 class is going backward. His one chance to make it is a top 5 class in 22. We do not have the recruiting horsepower to get that done. New Coach may be the next Saban, but wee little Nicky
could not win with our player talent.
Top level talent? Maybe not. We will see...

Reactions: tnutater
Who is going to be our starting LBs if we lose HT and Crouch? Thats my biggest worry. LB and DL. The rest of the roster is fine.
I think a lot of the guys who saw significant PT as DL's this past season are coming back for the extra year. I think next year may be a bigger problem that forces them toward JUCO.

I'm concerned about LB too. It gets thin if HT and Crouch are gone. Will be an amazing opportunity for Willis as a Fr. Some of the guys in the '20 class that didn't play much this fall will have opportunity. The door is wide open for Banks and Beasley to shine.

And... they'll have to look to the portal for help.

Reactions: SpookyAction
I think a lot of the guys who saw significant PT as DL's this past season are coming back for the extra year. I think next year may be a bigger problem that forces them toward JUCO.

I'm concerned about LB too. It gets thin if HT and Crouch are gone. Will be an amazing opportunity for Willis as a Fr. Some of the guys in the '20 class that didn't play much this fall will have opportunity. The door is wide open for Banks and Beasley to shine.

And... they'll have to look to the portal for help.
I guess I am in the minority thinking that bringing in portal players cannot be good for team cohesion or morale.

Reactions: NashvilleFan
I hate most Gators but 99 is an exception. He is consistently respectful and he has a point, we are not doing Heupel and Company a damn bit of good with the 6-6 floor talk. We will be lucky as hell to go 6-6. This program incredibly is lower than it was when Dooley, Butch or Pruitt took over. We have been publicly kicked in the nuts repeatedly for almost 15 years. We are the laughing stock of CFB. We can come back but we've got to give Heupel job security so he can build something. Depending on what the sanctions are we could have up to 3 years before Heupel even has a reasonably even playing field.
I’m well aware of who dude is thank you. Which is why I am wishing our friend luck in finding a coach who doesn’t choke against top level competition

Ummmm nope.

The roster is actually much better than most seem to think.

I don't think we're anywhere close to the "water boy suiting up" but the roster is not SEC ready. In comparison to a "water boy" playing of course it's much better but saying it's comparable to what an SEC roster should look like is nonsense.

Reactions: tnutater
I would like to see Tennessee respectable again and I think having an understanding of where you are is needed before you can get where you want to go.

Now, I know this is a fan board and these are problems for Heupel and company, but people are going to run him off too and bury him if he can't achieve something that's not possible this quickly.

And the worst thing that can happen is running off yet another coach to send the program plummeting toward permanent irrelevance.

It's starts with being real about just how bad it is.

We know how bad things are without discussing but with you. But this team we have now would not lose to Georgia State. Will lose to Florida, Georgia and Alabama, so what else is new. Then will compete against the rest. If these coaches can scheme and we stay injury free, we can win 6. Better than two of the last 3 years. So just go away and stop acting like you give a crap about our program. We don’t give a dang about yours either.

There you go again 99, you belly dragging lizard, expecting rational discussion.
Please do not ask questions that upset our sunshine pumpers.
Just because they can't handle the truth is no reason to make fun of them.
A lot of us are mentally challenged, not cool to pick on us.

We can handle the truth. Just don’t need dumb asses like him and you to freaking try to patronize us. No one said we were going to win the east next year.

Ok, well let's do something not common on this board. Let's have a rational discussion.

Why is the roster not that bad?

What position group or unit is in the top half of the league?

What part of the roster do you look at and believe meets the standard of Tennessee football?

QB - it is absolutely underrated on our roster. You can't go buy what Pruitt put on the field.

RB- We have a 6'5 235 RB that runs 4.4. Another that runs 4.3. And the top JUCO back coming in.
WR- speed everywhere.

OL. A lot of experience and good talent that was underutilized.

DL- (see OL)

Uncertainty everywhere else.

Yeah. Our roster was much worse coming into 2017 and 2013...

QB - it is absolutely underrated on our roster. You go buy what Pruitt put on the field.

RB- We have a 6'5 235 RB that runs 4.4. Another that runs 4.3. And the top JUCO back coming in.
WR- speed everywhere.

DL- (see OL)

QB - it is absolutely underrated on our roster. You can't go buy what Pruitt put on the field.

WR- speed everywhere.

DL- (see OL)

If you could it would be on the clearance rack.

I guess I am in the minority thinking that bringing in portal players cannot be good for team cohesion or morale.
According to what I’ve seen of what you post any thing we do is the wrong thing so I chose to trust our coaches instead of you thanks

I don't think we're anywhere close to the "water boy suiting up" but the roster is not SEC ready. In comparison to a "water boy" playing of course it's much better but saying it's comparable to what an SEC roster should look like is nonsense.
It is a middling roster and better in some places. It isn't a roster that appears ready to compete for the East. It isn't Vandy or, ahem, Arkansas level either.

Depends on how the coaches vet them. If you have players on your team that don't want to compete with other good players then that's a different and worse problem.

VN Store

Back