D’Angelo Gibbs

Ok, well let's do something not common on this board. Let's have a rational discussion.

Why is the roster not that bad?

What position group or unit is in the top half of the league?

What part of the roster do you look at and believe meets the standard of Tennessee football?
We can have that discussion, but why do you really even care? Answer that first please.

Ok, well let's do something not common on this board. Let's have a rational discussion.

What part of the roster do you look at and believe meets the standard of Tennessee football?

Is does seem that all of the best players on an already bad team have left; Eric Gray, Tre Smith, Josh Palmer, Henry T, Bryce Thompson, and a couple others I know I’m missing. I think what will certainly be better coaching, because Pruitt and staff were that horrendous, will be offset by a really weak roster. I think Pitt is a huge game for UT. A win there gives them a shot at 6-6. A loss there and you’re looking at a losing season again.

Hard to remember a roster that has taken such a beating.

We have the easiest schedule we have had in a very long time. This notion that we are going to be lucky to win 3 or 4 games is assigned. We will have a better record than anyone thinks, mark it down, screw all you disbelievers, G damn B O
I think this roster could get us to a bowl but you can bet the NCAA is gonna lay the wood to us.

Reactions: Border Vol
We can have that discussion, but why do you really even care? Answer that first please.

I would like to see Tennessee respectable again and I think having an understanding of where you are is needed before you can get where you want to go.

Now, I know this is a fan board and these are problems for Heupel and company, but people are going to run him off too and bury him if he can't achieve something that's not possible this quickly.

And the worst thing that can happen is running off yet another coach to send the program plummeting toward permanent irrelevance.

It's starts with being real about just how bad it is.

Last edited:

There you go again 99, you belly dragging lizard, expecting rational discussion.
Please do not ask questions that upset our sunshine pumpers.
Just because they can't handle the truth is no reason to make fun of them.
A lot of us are mentally challenged, not cool to pick on us.

I would like to see Tennessee respectable again and I think having an understanding of where you are is needed before you can get where you want to go.

Now, I know this is a fan board and these are problems for Heupel and company, but people are going to run him off to and bury him if he can't achieve something that's not possible this quickly.

And the worst thing that can happen is running off yet another coach to send the program plummeting toward permanent irrelevance.

It's starts with being real about just how bad it is.
So noble of you. As an opposing fan who values your program as well, I hope you find a coach who doesn’t choke in big games. Y’all deserve better.

Reactions: SalVolinus
Think Oline could be best position group. Several highly rated players still on the roster and if you don’t have injuries, starters play 80% of the snaps. Good a place as any to build from On offense.

I thought he opted out of the season. For some reason.
He was the only player who opted out for the whole season. Claimed it was to focus on academics. Meanwhile Heupel had about 10, and everyone’s acting like his team just started to suck all of a sudden.

Last edited:
So noble of you. As an opposing fan who values your program as well, I hope you find a coach who doesn’t choke in big games. Y’all deserve better.
I hate most Gators but 99 is an exception. He is consistently respectful and he has a point, we are not doing Heupel and Company a damn bit of good with the 6-6 floor talk. We will be lucky as hell to go 6-6. This program incredibly is lower than it was when Dooley, Butch or Pruitt took over. We have been publicly kicked in the nuts repeatedly for almost 15 years. We are the laughing stock of CFB. We can come back but we've got to give Heupel job security so he can build something. Depending on what the sanctions are we could have up to 3 years before Heupel even has a reasonably even playing field.

Offensive side of the ball is fine, especially at the skill positions. Sucks losing Gray, but there are plenty of play makers.
DL should be solid. Corners and safeties as well... LBs return Banks who showed a bit last year and other potential... let’s see what these coaches can do and who returns! I predict 13-0 🤣🤣🤣

Lots of talent especially if we can salvage these LBs. Inexperienced but... we look great.
Make mine a double double of what you are having.
We have very little top level SEC talent.
Pump on, i hope to catch some of your optimism.
I need it. I see nothing on our roster that makes me believe New Coach can succeed. His year 0 class is going backward. His one chance to make it is a top 5 class in 22. We do not have the recruiting horsepower to get that done. New Coach may be the next Saban, but wee little Nicky
could not win with our player talent.

I hate most Gators but 99 is an exception. He is consistently respectful and he has a point, we are not doing Heupel and Company a damn bit of good with the 6-6 floor talk. We will be lucky as hell to go 6-6. This program incredibly is lower than it was when Dooley, Butch or Pruitt took over. We have been publicly kicked in the nuts repeatedly for almost 15 years. We are the laughing stock of CFB. We can come back but we've got to give Heupel job security so he can build something. Depending on what the sanctions are we could have up to 3 years before Heupel even has a reasonably even playing field.
This is bs , look at the schedule and then the talent, if you believe 6and6 you must be a chicken little. GdamnBO

This is bs , look at the schedule and then the talent, if you believe 6and6 you must be a chicken little. GdamnBO
If we beat the 3 cupcakes plus Vandy, South Carolina and Pitt we will be doing damn good. Bama, Florida and Georgia are going to boatrace us, probably Kiffin too. I'm not prepared to assume we win at Kentucky or at Missouri either, so yeah, 6-6 would be a good year 1 performance. Maybe we surprise and beat Kentucky or Missouri, if that happens there's just as good a chance we stumble against Pitt or South Carolina. It's not like our roster is clearly superior to anyone we play other than the cupcakes and Vandy.

Last edited:
6 wins would be very respectable. 4 or 5 most likely. It might be that way a couple of years due to the $hitpile Pruitt left behind.

Now. Let’s talk about how reasonable gator fans need to be.

Reactions: JacketVol
If we beat the 3 cupcakes, Vandy, South Carolina and Pitt we will be doing damn good. Bama, Florida and Georgia are going to boatrace us, probably Kiffin too. I'm not prepared to assume we win at Kentucky or Missouri either, so yeah, 6-6 would be a damn good season.
We shall see

If we beat the 3 cupcakes, Vandy, South Carolina and Pitt we will be doing damn good. Bama, Florida and Georgia are going to boatrace us, probably Kiffin too. I'm not prepared to assume we win at Kentucky or Missouri either, so yeah, 6-6 would be a damn good season.
Pitt will be better than you think they're hardly a cupcake.

Reactions: wmcovol

VN Store

Back