Curt Maggitt Has Been Accepted And Will Attend UT's MBA Program This Fall

People who tell the truth don't destroy evidence.
She could have lied. It’s certainly a possibility. Maybe even a likelihood. There’s no scenario that has AJ walking away from that scenario not looking pretty bad, however. It’s a shame it played out like it did and took so long to get things resolved.

As far as Drae Bowles, for all he knew she was raped. He didn’t deserve to be ostracized and assaulted for reporting that. It just goes to show the awful culture at UT during the Jones era. The Dooley era wasn’t much better and that’s all Maggitt has known. Butch and Dooley. The worst era in UT history. That’s where we want to select the guy to run an alumni outreach program?

He appears to be testifying before a court that he was in fact assaulted.

Maybe you should read it. At least the first paragraph where it says he admitted he lied under cross examination.

A former University of Tennessee football teammate of A.J. Johnson and Michael Williams testified Tuesday he was twice attacked by other players after the pair were accused of rape, but admitted he lied to a News Sentinel reporter about that and also denied any attacks when interviewed by police.

Maybe you should read it. At least the first paragraph where it says he admitted he lied under cross examination.

He says he initially lied about not being beat up. When he was on the stand he said he was assaulted.

The encounters with Drae absolutely happened. Ask anyone on the team. Or ask our strength coach why he left.

He says he initially lied about not being beat up. When he was on the stand he said he was assaulted.

The encounters with Drae absolutely happened. Ask anyone on the team. Or ask our strength coach why he left.

Let's use our brains:

* Bowles said on the stand that he was struck in the face by Maggitt.
* Bowles admits that he lied about being struck in the face to KPD shortly threreafter,
* Why would KPD even inquire about this if his face wasn't bruised?
* Therefore he was probably struck by someone. KPD asked about it and it came up in the court case as one of several examples of Bowles being dishonest.
* Clearly KPD was not conducting a cover up here. It is just hard to prosecute cases where the main witness won't supply charges, or even admit there was a crime.

So:

* in normal life Maggitt, assuming Bowles was truthful about who hit him after lying originally, might have been charged with a misdemeanor if Bowles were a consistent witness.
* Still, it seems Maggitt and Bowles were likely arguing and Maggitt may have been reacting to an aggressive posture as well. Bowles would need witnesses to confirm his side of the story even if he had not lied originally.

In the end:

* no one forced Bowles into multiple lies which discredit any future claim to legal satisfaction he might wish for.
* None of us was there.
* Let's move on.

Let's use our brains:

* Bowles said on the stand that he was struck in the face by Maggitt.
* Bowles admits that he lied about being struck in the face to KPD shortly threreafter,
* Why would KPD even inquire about this if his face wasn't bruised?
* Therefore he was probably struck by someone. KPD asked about it and it came up in the court case as one of several examples of Bowles being dishonest.
* Clearly KPD was not conducting a cover up here. It is just hard to prosecute cases where the main witness won't supply charges, or even admit there was a crime.

So:

* in normal life Maggitt, assuming Bowles was truthful about who hit him after lying originally, might have been charged with a misdemeanor if Bowles were a consistent witness.
* Still, it seems Maggitt and Bowles were likely arguing and Maggitt may have been reacting to an aggressive posture as well. Bowles would need witnesses to confirm his side of the story even if he had not lied originally.

In the end:

* no one forced Bowles into multiple lies which discredit any future claim to legal satisfaction he might wish for.
* None of us was there.
* Let's move on.

Have I suggested Maggitt face legal action?

The burden of proof needed for a hiring decision is not the same as for prosecution. We know what happened. He can stay away from the football program.

Nice! Great to see guys continue their education at their alma mater. Maggitt was always a positive force for UT football. Wish him the best of luck.

I'm sure Fulmer or CJP could set down with him and decide if he is the right fit or not! Do we actually know of any other real candidates?

It's a stupid, made-up job originally for someone who was mangled by football. The mere existence of the position ought to serve as a flashing red light for parents and prospective players, no matter who holds the title.

Seriously, you are going to quote the Bible to me in a round about way over my comment. You are probably the one with a plank in the eye calling others out. I simply said maybe UT doesn't want a VFL Coordinator with those ALLEGATIONS. UT has had a black eye on the program for many years due to uncompetitiveness of several sports as wel as sexual allegations. I was simply saying UT PROBABLY DOESN'T NEED to give OTHERS REASON TO PAINT A BAD PICTURE of the university anymore for a long time in my opinion!!! Black eyes do give the university a bad look and it hurts recruiting among other things!!! Get a life!!!!

So Peyton couldn't be VFL Coordinator?

Since when do allegations make a person guilty of anything? And where in his comment did he "quote" the bible? You've obviously never read the bible, nor followed it's teachings.

You don't know me!!! I do know the bible. Throwing stones is a reference to the Bible. I never said it was a direct quote. I said it was a reference. Stones and transgressions were references to the Bible. You should also capitalize the word 'Bible'. You should learn some grammar as well before calling someone out when you DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!

You don't know me!!! I do know the bible. Throwing stones is a reference to the Bible. I never said it was a direct quote. I said it was a reference. Stones and transgressions were references to the Bible. You should also capitalize the word 'Bible'. You should learn some grammar as well before calling someone out when you DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!
VolsGrad1989 said:
Seriously, you are going to quote the Bible to me in a round about way over my comment

You literally said he quoted the bible. I think maybe it's you who don't have a clue.

VolsGrad1989 said:
Seriously, you are going to quote the Bible to me in a round about way over my comment

You literally said he quoted the bible. I think maybe it's you who don't have a clue.

Show me where I said 'he quoted'. You can't. Therefore, your post is a lie! Making a reference to something and QUOTING it has two different meanings. Maybe you need to learn some vocabulary, grammar, and improve your reading comprehension before coming at me with FALSE NONSENSE!!! Edit, my apologies, I did say quote. I meant reference when I typed quote. You are correct. I can admit when I am wrong.

The point is UT doesn't need a VFL with a shady background, acquitted or not. I am not slamming CM. I think he is probably an upstanding gentleman at the end of the day. But, the way UT has been under the microscope lately due to failure. I think it is in the best interest not to give other teams ammunition to place UT under the microscope more when it comes to recruiting. As well documented, recruiting is a dirty business. UT doesn't need teams using CM's questionable past to prospects parents to question the character of the VFL Coordinator when trying to make a decision on allowing their child to come to UT to play sports.

Last edited:
You clearly have no idea what happened... in either case. Reporter, what reporter?

I meant trainer. I do have an idea. You clearly need to look in the mirror, wipe the mud out of your eyes, and pull out whatever it is you have up your butthole!

I meant trainer. I do have an idea. You clearly need to look in the mirror, wipe the mud out of your eyes, and pull out whatever it is you have up your butthole!

That is an extremely weird insult, I mean who even thinks to say those words, and ironic use of "butthole" given that witnesses said it was a bit more than a simple "mooning". I love Peyton but there's more dirt on him than Maggit. You're the one with a problem with Maggit, a VFL, and a fantastic representative of UT.

That is an extremely weird insult, I mean who even thinks to say those words, and ironic use of "butthole" given that witnesses said it was a bit more than a simple "mooning". I love Peyton but there's more dirt on him than Maggit. You're the one with a problem with Maggit, a VFL, and a fantastic representative of UT.

Let's see the facts regarding more dirt on Peyton than CM.

Malcolm Saxon's Letter

Once again, mooning a trainer isn't right. I wouldn't want Peyton as the VFL Coordinator either with there being no proof either way. I never said Peyton should be the VFL Coordinator. I said CM shouldn't due to his shady background. Now, get back on the subject at hand. We were talking about CM being a VFL Coordinator. My opinion is NO FORMER PLAYER with a shady background should be a VFL Coordinator!!!

VN Store

Back