Current commits react to Wilcoxson flip

If he is this indecisive in a relatively easy decision, I question his effectiveness as a player. Some on here overreact to everything. How many times do you feel s coaching staff should deal with something like this before they move on to the next choice. I don't understand why you ate so adamant in defending this particular player. If it is stars, there are others Just as highly rated as him. No name calling here, just stating an excessive amount indecision does not show a high level of maturity.
I'm defensive about the character assignations. It just not called for. You know as well as I do, if a coach thinks an recruit will help them win, they may overlook "flaws". Again, he's chosen to move on, so should we.

People making excuses for the kid because he’s a teenager. Old enough for war or prison but don’t criticize him for his immaturity and lack of commitment. No wonder our youth are ignorant, entitled and aren’t held to any standard.
Weak sauce.

Reactions: Behr
There was a time when the word commitment meant something. Some kids are raised right and some aren't.
I tell you what, the day these colleges keep their word to these recruits will be the day I agree with you on holding an 18 year old to their word.

Reactions: QU1ZE
That's not anywhere near what happened in this case. Some of these recruits just seem to get their kicks from trolling. Because they never had that ass whipped or anyone tell them no.
I'm sure Jeremy Pruitt has accepted a commitment from an 18 year old player and then had to come back and encouraged that same kid to look somewhere else if a better target comes along.

If he is this indecisive in a relatively easy decision, I question his effectiveness as a player. Some on here overreact to everything. How many times do you feel s coaching staff should deal with something like this before they move on to the next choice. I don't understand why you ate so adamant in defending this particular player. If it is stars, there are others Just as highly rated as him. No name calling here, just stating an excessive amount indecision does not show a high level of maturity.

In who's world is this an easy decision?

Apples to oranges
A coach getting a guy to look at another school in late December or January if a bigger fish comes along is about as disruptive as you can get for an 18 year old. That coach accepted that commitment and now that same 18 years old has to scramble to make a roster.

Maybe you don't understand commitment, but it is a two way street. You do realize that, right? Not only is the burden on the 18 year old, but it is also important for the school/coach to hold up their end of the deal. Seems like we only want to get butt hurt when it works against schools/coaches, however.

Reactions: VolDaddy61
A coach getting a guy to look at another school in late December or January if a bigger fish comes along is about as disruptive as you can get for an 18 year old. That coach accepted that commitment and now that same 18 years old has to scramble to make a roster.

Maybe you don't understand commitment, but it is a two way street. You do realize that, right? Not only is the burden on the 18 year old, but it is also important for the school/coach to hold up their end of the deal. Seems like we only want to get butt hurt when it works against schools/coaches, however.

Wilcoxson has de-committed three times, twice from Florida and once from Tennessee. The way he done it was disrespectful to Pruitt considering the time he put in to recruit him.

You expect him to have the same amount of respect as if Pruitt were to recruit him over? I don’t think so.

Wilcoxson has de-committed three times, twice from Florida and once from Tennessee. The way he done it was disrespectful to Pruitt considering the time he put in to recruit him.

You expect him to have the same amount of respect as if Pruitt were to recruit him over? I don’t think so.
The kid is free to go wherever he wants.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I tell you what, the day these colleges keep their word to these recruits will be the day I agree with you on holding an 18 year old to their word.

That has nothing to do with his flipping back and forth like a flag in the wind. He doesn't and hasn't had to "commit" to anything, and in reality, he hasn't yet. The one thing in this world that no one can take from you, but you can give freely is your word. His is worthless.

If the action is his choice on where to go to school then it sure does. That’s the whole concept of freedom. The more concerning thing is your level of butt hurt over the choices of a 17 year old boy you have no personal connection to.

I'm not sure bringing up freedom to describe indecisiveness, or maybe is correct. Unreliable. Yes.

Reactions: overseasorange2
If the action is his choice on where to go to school then it sure does. That’s the whole concept of freedom. The more concerning thing is your level of butt hurt over the choices of a 17 year old boy you have no personal connection to.

So the current UT commits and players that made the same statements when he de-committed, were they being butt hurt too or just stating what they see in the kid?

I guaranteed me nor you has lost sleep over this kid’s decision but it’s completely fair to question his kind of character.

I'm not sure bringing up freedom to describe indecisiveness, or maybe is correct. Unreliable. Yes.
Don’t care. Maybe Pruitt shouldn’t have wasted his time recruiting a known flip flopper.
Maybe the comments from fans and players are affirming his decision not to be here.

I have no problem pointing out his flip flopping.
Taking it personally? That’s another matter.

That has nothing to do with his flipping back and forth like a flag in the wind. He doesn't and hasn't had to "commit" to anything, and in reality, he hasn't yet. The one thing in this world that no one can take from you, but you can give freely is your word. His is worthless.

Exactly. And if he's really any good he'll have a spot on the team of his choosing in December or February without having to waffle and look foolish.

Kid's an absolute flake, it would seem...He's obviously very talented, but he seems like a head case...If he"opens his recruiting up" again, I honestly hope Dan pulls his offer.

The kid's a head case. There's usually one or two every season. Last season it was the RB out of Texas everybody has now forgotten about taking visits up to spring practice starting in some places. I don't know if he ever enrolled anywhere and could give less than a rats axx if it was anywhere but The Hill.

VN Store

Back