Cuonzo Martin would love this team

Not sure why I've seen so many people hating on Cuonzo lately? Seemed like he was a heck of a good guy that legitimately cared about his players. He got us to the sweet 16 (should have been the elite 8, but that wasn't his fault).

Did he need to go? Yeah. Was he a great coach-No. But I have no ill feelings towards him.

Not sure why I've seen so many people hating on Cuonzo lately? Seemed like he was a heck of a good guy that legitimately cared about his players. He got us to the sweet 16 (should have been the elite 8, but that wasn't his fault).

Did he need to go? Yeah. Was he a great coach-No. But I have no ill feelings towards him.
I think many don’t like him because he never tried to endear himself to the fan base, which is ok but this is what you get, he also played the race card which didn’t go over great either.

I think many don’t like him because he never tried to endear himself to the fan base, which is ok but this is what you get, he also played the race card which didn’t go over great either.

In fairness, the fan base wasn't exactly the best to him either despite some success. I think it was extremely hard to follow Pearl and we also don't really know what he endured racism wise.

Slow play
No fast breaks
Scared to make a mistaken
Either bounce it in the post or chuck a three
Nobody tries to penetrate
Can’t force a turnover

Maybe we will surprise in the SEC tourney.

It’s a shock from the pace and tenacity we played with last year.

Good point really. This team plays like on of Cuonzos. If it weren't for steller D (Minus UGA / MSU) then this would be a brutal season. Our D makes the games interesting and has gotten most of the wins.

This season isn't good, but just a short time ago we were projected to finished 13th in the SEC and turned that into a 2 year fun run for UT basketball. Hang in there and we'll get better for next year.

I have concerns that too much is being put on the freshman arriving next year. Has Tennessee ever had a 5* freshman that played to the level most are anticipating for the freshman next season?

Ernie, Bernie, and Tobias. But there weren't star rankings in 1973 and 1974. Allan Houston lived up to his billing as well.

I was wondering about Cuonzo just earlier today. Let's see, it's year three at Mizzou, his team can't beat anybody, so where does he go next to further his stellar coaching career?

Slow play
No fast breaks
Can’t force a turnover

"Make a mistaken", I see what you did there. Well played. What did you expect from a team that lost four players to the pros ?! From a team that lost it's leader and best player a week into the season ? You thought we'd win 30 games this year ?

"Make a mistaken", I see what you did there. Well played. What did you expect from a team that lost four players to the pros ?! From a team that lost it's leader and best player a week into the season ? You thought we'd win 30 games this year ?

Not getting blown out by mediocre and bad teams would be an acceptable expectation.

Not getting blown out by mediocre and bad teams would be an acceptable expectation.
This team lacks toughness and leadership. I'll work under the assumption that the staff is getting the most out of this team, and they're giving their as all, it just may not be good enough.

I don't think the base necessarily endeared themselves to him either.

Reactions: k-town_king
Slow play
No fast breaks
Can’t force a turnover

”Scared

VN Store

Back