Cuonzo Martin resigns, heads to Mizzou

Good lord now we get to play Martin and Pearl. Maybe Buzz and Tyndall can get in the league as well. Bawahaha

Reactions: 1 person
7 year deal paying him top 10 money in the country, even I think that's nuts.
Seems like a double standard to me having Forbes threads moved to around the NCAA while Martin threads remain here. Could it be the source of the thread? I guess Martin is not a threat to Barnes but Forbes is. And this is supposed to be opinions. Seems to me like Forbes had a more successful contribution to Tennessee basketball than Martin did. How soon we forget!

Reactions: 3 people
Seems like a double standard to me having Forbes threads moved to around the NCAA while Martin threads remain here. Could it be the source of the thread? I guess Martin is not a threat to Barnes but Forbes is. And this is supposed to be opinions. Seems to me like Forbes had a more successful contribution to Tennessee basketball than Martin did. How soon we forget!

1Vb8W.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Middle of the road coach, at best. He couldn't put a fire under his talented team here, so the fans had to with a petition. After watching him coach for 3 years, I give him little credit for that Sweet 16.

Last edited:
Like I said before, he gets out before he's figured out and at risk of losing his job. Good luck Missouri. All I can do is point and laugh at you

Reactions: 4 people
Tyndall had several worse. Those games were also against NCAA teams with some of the best college defenses of the last decade. Watching them them was exciting due to two good teams going toe to toe and playing Greta defense.If you think Barnes did a good job this year finishing above expectations then give Martin the same credit. If you think this was a bad year you probably think the same about Martin's seasons. That would be misguided though.

What were Tyndall's games that were worse? He had one game against Bama where they scored 38. Other than that, no other points in the 30's.

If I could take CM's recruiting and charisma and Tyndall's coaching, I would in a heart beat. Both just can't put it all together.

What were Tyndall's games that were worse? He had one game against Bama where they scored 38. Other than that, no other points in the 30's.

If I could take CM's recruiting and charisma and Tyndall's coaching, I would in a heart beat. Both just can't put it all together.

I thought recruiting was a big weakness of Zo's.... he could get the occasional 5 star or even a Josh Richardson but he would supplement them with guys that shouldn't be in D1 like Derek Reese.....Look at all his players that left when he left us.... not a single player averaged over 7 ppg this past season and the majority are a wasted scholarship at this point.

Since no one at Cal seems to care that he's leaving & some are even glad, I guess this means all the left wing liberals in Berkeley are racists!!

I thought recruiting was a big weakness of Zo's.... he could get the occasional 5 star or even a Josh Richardson but he would supplement them with guys that shouldn't be in D1 like Derek Reese.....Look at all his players that left when he left us.... not a single player averaged over 7 ppg this past season and the majority are a wasted scholarship at this point.

Well he had 3 NBA players in 3 years at Cal, or possibly even 4, and is likely adding 3 five stars to Missouri's class...seems to have figured the recruiting thing out.

Yea, I can't disagree. But he was able to lure Stokes, and he upped his game in Cali. It helped that a couple were local, but Jaylen Brown was from Atlanta. He has found a way to recruit very good talent after leaving UT.

Yea, I can't disagree. But he was able to lure Stokes, and he upped his game in Cali. It helped that a couple were local, but Jaylen Brown was from Atlanta. He has found a way to recruit very good talent after leaving UT.

Unfortunately for him(and the fans), he still has to coach the game

We were picked last his first year in the SEC. Finished 2nd. Next year without best returning player and still met what was projected. Last year not ranked preseason finished a missed call away from our best finish ever. Learn something about b-ball y'all.

We made the NCAAT as a result of winning the "play in game" with 3 future NBA players on that team.... He bailed because he knew Stokes was going pro and his team was gonna be terrible the next year.

Well he had 3 NBA players in 3 years at Cal, or possibly even 4, and is likely adding 3 five stars to Missouri's class...seems to have figured the recruiting thing out.

Nope it was still the same..... he got Brown, Raab, and Moore to Cal but the rest of his recruits besides a grad transfer offered very little and was a big reason he didn't make the tourney this year and things looked really dim at cal..... more than likely he would have had Moore and one good recruit.... very poor supporting cast.... he had the one good recruit and the most of the rest looked like they had very little chance of being a quality D1 player.

I'm not sure if you call adding a star players dad good recruiting..... He may end up figuring it out but if the star players are one and done it will mean nothing to missouri till he figures out how to add quality role players around the stars he is able to obtain.

He got some talent but look at their roster after he leaves... it is very low on talent just like tennessees even if everybody stays.

One helped land Tennessee in hot water with NCAA and the other took Tennessee to the Sweet 16.

Your math is off, as usual.

Reactions: 2 people
So Arkansas has Missouri's old coach, Missouri has Tennessee's old coach....should we be getting ready for a John Pelphrey hire in the next few years?

Is it true that when he and the team came back to UT campus fans and kids showed up to cheer them on and high five them and Martin ignored everyone and just kept walking?

VN Store

Back