Culture changing in football program

Randy Beaver

Anytime you have a new coach, one has to wonder if a huge culture change will take place in the program. Some of you guys with more insight into the program may know how Coach Pruitt is trying to instill a different culture. Are there poor attitudes in the program? Should we expect several players to leave the program? Are different types of players needed and being recruited? My wife and I watched a great movie last night that got us to thinking about this. I would recommend it to anyone that is going into a new leadership situation. It was called Roadhouse, and the whole time my wife and I was watching it, we were talking about how the plot could be related to rebuilding the football program here. Really recommend this movie as an inspiration for Coach Pruitt when he needs a lift. Best line of the movie was when the singer, Cody, said to a silent club, " His name is Dalton!" Truly gave me chills. Symbolism is striking. Just think about this.
Double Deuce Club = Volunteer Football Program
Dalton = Coach Pruitt
Brad Wesley = could represent Butch Jones' culture
Wade Garrett = Rush Propst (Garrett was Dalton's mentor in the movie)
Tilghman (Double Deuce Owner) = Phil Fulmer AD
Morgan / Steve / waitress = players/staff that had to be removed to improve the culture at DD

Anytime you have a new coach, one has to wonder if a huge culture change will take place in the program. Some of you guys with more insight into the program may know how Coach Pruitt is trying to instill a different culture. Are there poor attitudes in the program? Should we expect several players to leave the program? Are different types of players needed and being recruited? My wife and I watched a great movie last night that got us to thinking about this. I would recommend it to anyone that is going into a new leadership situation. It was called Roadhouse, and the whole time my wife and I was watching it, we were talking about how the plot could be related to rebuilding the football program here. Really recommend this movie as an inspiration for Coach Pruitt when he needs a lift. Best line of the movie was when the singer, Cody, said to a silent club, " His name is Dalton!" Truly gave me chills. Symbolism is striking. Just think about this.
Double Deuce Club = Volunteer Football Program
Dalton = Coach Pruitt
Brad Wesley = could represent Butch Jones' culture
Wade Garrett = Rush Propst (Garrett was Dalton's mentor in the movie)
Tilghman (Double Deuce Owner) = Phil Fulmer AD
Morgan / Steve / waitress = players/staff that had to be removed to improve the culture at DD

lol Never thought i’d see those two words put together (Roudhouse/Inspirational).

Roadhouse doesn't even show up on the Rotten Tomatoes web site, so it must be a really horrible movie.

Reactions: GlockVol
Is VolNation Dalton's (Pruitt) "fan club" who put a stop sign post through his windshield? Are Alabama players the big bully dudes that work for Brad Wesley who drive monster trucks and crush the Tennessee fans hopes and dreams of a better place? Who is our Kelly Lynch?

Reactions: TWVol
Point-Break-patrick-swayze-41151658-268-180.gif

VN Store

Back