Cuban/Mavericks Stop Playing National Anthem

Do you see the operative word "more" in there? LOL

So... let me get this straight.

Professional teams had been playing the national anthem at games since World War I, the DoD comes along and tosses recruiting funds at them hoping it provides in the long run (which it probably hasn't) to include, but not limited to:

on-field color guards
field-sized American flags
fireworks
enlistment ceremonies
national anthem performances
hometown hero and wounded warrior tributes
and other examples

Did you miss "performances" as being the operative word there? Performance being a paid act at that level.

I prefer Cuban's substantive approach to Americanism in action over symbolism at his games
I’m beyond caring at this point. If it can’t be done in an environment that doesn’t promote divisiveness like we’re at now then just take it out. I’d guess that is what Cuban is doing.

Reactions: AM64
So... let me get this straight.

Professional teams had been playing the national anthem at games since World War I, the DoD comes along and tosses recruiting funds at them hoping it provides in the long run (which it probably hasn't) to include, but not limited to:

on-field color guards
field-sized American flags
fireworks
enlistment ceremonies
national anthem performances
hometown hero and wounded warrior tributes
and other examples

Did you miss "performances" as being the operative word there? Performance being a paid act at that level.

Now who's the troll? He posted twice that the anthem was already happening. The 2nd one was an implication. The 1st one was explicit. You replied to the 2nd acknowledging that you saw both and then went on to argue against the notion that observance began with the DOD footing the bill...something that nobody was saying. You are confused. You are the author of your confusion.

It's not about being ashamed it's that the 2 have nothing to do with each other. Players in the NFL weren't even on the field for the anthem until the DoD spent tax dollars to boost patriotic sentiment during a couple of useless wars

Not really. Else you would have found the same links I did that it started during WWI from an individual team rather than having the government mandate it and wouldn't be posting.
The mandate that players be present started with payment from the govt to boost numbers. Had that never happened then no one kneels and so many aren't crying. You're ignoring facts to create an argument that simply didn't exist.

Everything is divisive in someone's eyes.
It’s come down to breathing is divisive for many. Maybe a bunch of people need to just learn to ignore stuff that they let get under their skin? That’s where I’m at on the anthem and sports. I make it a point to not see it or the response by the prima donas.

People get outraged when players take a knee during the anthem. Cuban has now prevented this by not allowing the anthem to be performed before the games and people are still triggered.
That’s all it is. Cuban and the Mavs won’t comment on it either. Cuban is the typical buddy owner. He wants to be BFFs with his players. That’s fine it’s his style and his team. He also is in Texas. And the people paying his stupid ticket prices aren’t from the ‘hood in Dallas they are from the burbs. He has to find a way to not piss off either party. He can’t and still play the anthem. Solution? Remove the anthem.

That’s all it is. Cuban and the Mavs won’t comment on it either. Cuban is the typical buddy owner. He wants to be BFFs with his players. That’s fine it’s his style and his team. He also is in Texas. And the people paying his stupid ticket prices aren’t from the ‘hood in Dallas they are from the burbs. He has to find a way to not piss off either party. He can’t and still play the anthem. Solution? Remove the anthem.

He is a businessman making business decisions.

He is a businessman making business decisions.
And that’s all it is. He could have told his players to not do it like the Cowboys. JJ is more of a boss/employee owner and that’s how he handled it initially. And in the end he even folded. Regardless what is chosen somebody gets pissed. So remove the opportunity to piss people off.

Reactions: volfanhill
It takes but little investigation to discover the long history of the democratic party concerning slavery and racism. The slave trade after 1808, when importing slaves was abolished , was a product of, and controlled by southern democrats until the end of slavery after the civil. In most slave states ,after 1831 teaching slaves to read and write was against the law. The issue of literacy is an interesting one when you look at the state of education for black Ameicans in cities contolled by democrats for many decades. Democratic opposition to civil rights for black americans continued until the earlry 1960s. The republican party began as the anti slavery party . Over 1/4 of a million mosty white americans died fighting the war to end slavery and reunite America. It might surprise many to discover that by a 15 to 20 % margin, a greater percentage of republicans voted for civil rights laws than did democrats. Interesting fact also is that approximately 80 to 90% of republicans to around 50% of democrats voted for womens right to vote.

Now who's the troll? He posted twice that the anthem was already happening. The 2nd one was an implication. The 1st one was explicit. You replied to the 2nd acknowledging that you saw both and then went on to argue against the notion that observance began with the DOD footing the bill...something that nobody was saying. You are confused. You are the author of your confusion.

It doesn't take long to show how full of **** you are. Even Snopes covered it:

FACT CHECK: Why Are NFL Players on the Sidelines for the National Anthem?

The NFL said they had to be on the sidelines in 2009. The "payments" didn't start until 2012. So, the NFL decided to mandate something before the government even started paying for it.

This is a pretty damning article:

NFL Players Didn't Stand For the Anthem Before 2009. Then Things Got All Patriotic (tm).

There’s no explicit connection between the DoD’s funding and the NFL’s decision to have players on the field and “encouraged” to stand during the anthem—ie, the DoD doesn’t seem to have requested or paid for this change directly—but it would be naive to think the huge, taxpayer-funded marketing push wasn’t part of the inspiration for the anthem push.

Here's more links for you to peruse, not that you will:

NFL passes new national anthem policy

NFL teams being on the field for anthem is a relatively new practice

Did NFL Players Only Start Standing on Sidelines for National Anthem in 2009 After Government Payments?

Verify: Did NFL players only start coming onto the field for the national anthem in 2009? | 9news.com

The history of singing the national anthem before NFL games

NFL players not required on field for national anthem until 2009

The NFL Told Teams to Stand During the National Anthem in the 1960s. Here's How One Player Protested

Reactions: allvol123
People get outraged when players take a knee during the anthem. Cuban has now prevented this by not allowing the anthem to be performed before the games and people are still triggered.
That's why I said earlier I am good with it, now the fake SJWs no longer have the platform there.

Reactions: AM64 and Ttucke11

I must apologize for misunderstanding you. Now that I get you're saying this is specifically about a rule about players being part of the observation, I have nothing to say to that. The point PJ was making still remains. The 2 don't belong together. You can put them together but they don't really make sense. Nobody noticed that the players weren't a part of prime time anthem observances, and we won't notice that the Mavs aren't doing them (like they have been for 13 games).

If you think the kneeling is about them being offended by the flag/anthem, then you have no idea what's going on. You are the one offended. Not them. Your side wants them canceled because you're offended.

Horseshoe theory.
If that's the case, their message sucks and the need to look up the definition of insanity.

So they haven't played it for 13 straight games and people are just now noticing? That tells you exactly how important the anthem is to people at sporting events.
Well it is the NBA. The only time they care is when they beat Ethiopia for a gold medal

VN Store

Back