Cuban/Mavericks Stop Playing National Anthem

Chinese New Year literally has nothing to do with the government of China. This would be like some idiot from China being upset because the NBA doesn't play the Chinese national anthem but gives a nod to Christmas.

What would Travis be doing without all the masses starving for clickbait BS?
The point is the NBA bends over for China

How so? Again, who is claiming this should be mandated?
Wait, what being mandated? The mask wearing or the league playing the national anthem? Because clearly the league just told Cuban they had to play it.

I'm not sure why you can't see the similarity between masks and the anthem right here.

Wait, what being mandated? The mask wearing or the league playing the national anthem? Because clearly the league just told Cuban they had to play it.

I'm not sure why you can't see the similarity between masks and the anthem right here.

Dont see it at all. The NBA is a business.

Dont see it at all. The NBA is a business.
Well see, this is the problem. You missed my connection between the masks and the anthem. Just like there is social pressure created by the media to wear a mask, there is equal social pressure for people to stand up for the pledge or the anthem. Even though there isn't a single law written that mandates either one, the fact that you have certain people that get but hurt about people not standing for the anthem yet they in turn get angry when they have to wear a mask is hypocritical.

If that stood alone you would be right.

Then it’s dumb and misleading for Outkick to write an article about that standing alone.

“Happy Lunar New Year + Mavs not playing the anthem happened on the same day and omg that’s PROOF the NBA likes China more than America” is such a stupid take

Then it’s dumb and misleading for Outkick to write an article about that standing alone.

“Happy Lunar New Year + Mavs not playing the anthem happened on the same day and omg that’s PROOF the NBA likes China more than America” is such an accurate take
Fixed
And it's an accurate take because of the $$ the nba received from China

Reactions: dovervolz
Fixed
And it's an accurate take because of the $$ the nba received from China

You’re missing my point repeatedly but I guess that’s fine. That article had nothing to do with the NBA accepting money from China, it just drew an incredibly stupid line between the Mavs and a Chinese holiday and is attempting to make a story out of absolutely nothing

Well see, this is the problem. You missed my connection between the masks and the anthem. Just like there is social pressure created by the media to wear a mask, there is equal social pressure for people to stand up for the pledge or the anthem. Even though there isn't a single law written that mandates either one, the fact that you have certain people that get but hurt about people not standing for the anthem yet they in turn get angry when they have to wear a mask is hypocritical.

It isnt hypocritical at all. A mask mandate is enforceable by the state. No one here is demanding the anthem be played for any event. They are saying they disagree with it being removed when it is a longstanding tradition.

I've had people next to me not stand for the anthem, while I disagree with them, I said nothing to them as it is their right. There is no pressure and I've literally never seen anyone say something to another person because they didnt stand.

NBA players are tremendous athletes, but IMO the current style of play is sht
I was at a bar the other night and they had a game on, every trip down the floor was a 3 pointer. No more than 1 pass and the 28 foot 3 pointer went up. Not even a thought of passing to a guy in the post. My wife even said this is boring and stupid lol.

Reactions: AM64
NBA players are tremendous athletes, but IMO the current style of play is sht

That's what people want to turn college football into. Our new coach is probably going to do his best to make it that way - all offense all the time - with a lot of points to show for it ... and still lose as many games as Pruitt and Jones. When you make a game a one sided spectacle, it just gets boring.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
That's what people want to turn college football into. Our new coach is probably going to do his best to make it that way - all offense all the time - with a lot of points to show for it ... and still lose as many games as Pruitt and Jones. When you make a game a one sided spectacle, it just gets boring.
I think it's called "one dimensional". And all this talk about how many points we are gonna score is terrifying... and not in a good way.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back