Crompton and Stanley nails it

BigOrangeTrain

Morior Invictus
I was watching AtoZ sports a little bit ago on YouTube. Austin Stanley asked Crompton to use one adjective to use for TN. Crompton said passionless. He talked about when other teams across the country makes mistakes the HC is ripping the players for the mistake. He said Pruitt does nothing. Their show is great and really shows how bad Pruitt really is.

SEC nation called out halftime adjustments or mostly lack thereof which was spot on as well. Doering also called out JG’s turnovers as not just bad, but How they’re always catastrophic. Everyone sees what’s going on save for our coaching staff.

I was watching AtoZ sports a little bit ago on YouTube. Austin Stanley asked Crompton to use one adjective to use for TN. Crompton said passionless. He talked about when other teams across the country makes mistakes the HC is ripping the players for the mistake. He said Pruitt does nothing. Their show is great and really shows how bad Pruitt really is.
The apathy that is obvious with JG initially is now apparent across the team. Is that a result of JP's lack of fire? Ell if I know but he certainly hasn't been anywhere near as intense as he was just a year ago. Wonder if he has been told to back it down a tad on his emotional responses or is he on a mood stabilizer.

Reactions: jonnon111 and VOLED
The apathy that is obvious with JG initially is now apparent across the team. Is that a result of JP's lack of fire? Ell if I know but he certainly hasn't been anywhere near as intense as he was just a year ago. Wonder if he has been told to back it down a tad on his emotional responses or is he on a mood stabilizer.

I have wondered the same thing. I have to believe he was told to cool it. I liked him much better when he was kicking boards and getting in players' faces. At least he was showing fire.

Crompton isn’t accurate very often but in this case he nailed it.

CJP used up all his emotion on that whiteboard. His tank is empty.

I have noticed this as well. Pruitt used to kick stuff and grab players. I guess the PC police didn’t like that and Pruitt was told to calm down.

That is the deal with Pruitt, he changed and i don't know if he was forced too or he thought toning it down would be good. It is never good to pretend to be someone else to appease people...They don't have any fire. That's a coaching deal and we all know it..

We've all talked about it before, but outside of the newly recruited talent, nearly all if this team (and staff) has forgotten how bad it should feel to fail at something. Failing has simply become too common of an occurrence.

The staff runs each game like it's a football clinic---it has become overly academic.

Playing devil's advocate here, but in Pruitt's first year, he grabs a player by the facemask and dresses him down for something he did on the field, he kicked the whiteboard in the game against Kentucky, I was in the stands almost straight up from that incident, and sports reporters and posters on this site criticized him for his actions. Now he is being criticized for not having any passion or fire. How would any of you respond to the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" criticism for everything you do?

Playing devil's advocate here, but in Pruitt's first year, he grabs a player by the facemask and dresses him down for something he did on the field, he kicked the whiteboard in the game against Kentucky, I was in the stands almost straight up from that incident, and sports reporters and posters on this site criticized him for his actions. Now he is being criticized for not having any passion or fire. How would any of you respond to the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" criticism for everything you do?
Maybe he could use moderation???

There's a lot of space between 'assault' and 'asleep.'

He acts like nothing happened. Auburn scores 27 in a row and he just stands there. Then he basically says he doesn’t work for the fans? Wrong guy!!!!!

The fans (you and I) pay his salary.....

He does work for us, the customer....

He obviously doesn't understand how business works.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I've seen Pruitt rip into players(even JG) for making mistakes. He caught hello for doing it. I'm not defending Pruitt's coaching deficiencies; I'm just saying that it's difficult to "rip players" given the culture of of society today, especially when the cameras are on

If it were me, I would be true to myself and my personality. And I believe CJP is far more emotional than he is currently showing. I'm not saying he needs to run around ticked off all the time. Players will get used to that and just wait him out. But a proper use of that emotion and passion will get the team's attention and actually can be used a positive going forward.

Reactions: tnktm
Something happened to Pruitt after he grabbed JG by the facemask. Pruity use to have fire and give brutally honest interviews. We see neither of those anymore.

VN Store

Back