Crompton and Stanley nails it

I have definitely noticed a change,and not a good one, in Pruitt's demeanor. When he first came in, he would get in players faces and show some emotion but now, I see none of that. There seems to be no fire.

he was digging JG walking off the field at haltime

I saw that at the time. Not a good sign.
If I were Bailey, I'd get the hell out while the getting is good. The one time transfer rule is due in Jan. I'd make use of it and get that free pass out of Knoxville if I were in his shoes. No sense in wasting time playing for this joke of a coaching staff.

In regards to him toning down his antics: recruits aren't going to come here to be drug around by the face mask on TV. Not to mention parents don't want to see that business either. Might be different if it was Saban, since it's proven he can get them to the NFL and play for titles. Until then, that stuff was reigned in for recruiting,in my opinion.

Disagree... the kind of young men you want. And the parents of the young men you want don’t mind having their face masks grabbed when they blow a chance to beat Bama. It’s the adults that have lost their taste for this. Elite kids still want to be coached hard.

Well, you better be yourself and fail than be someone you’re not and fail. Pruitts teams haven’t played inspired very much since he’s been hired.
Auburn first year was the most inspired they played. JG has got to go.

I was watching AtoZ sports a little bit ago on YouTube. Austin Stanley asked Crompton to use one adjective to use for TN. Crompton said passionless. He talked about when other teams across the country makes mistakes the HC is ripping the players for the mistake. He said Pruitt does nothing. Their show is great and really shows how bad Pruitt really is.
Huh? How quickly we forget Pruitt grabbing the head gear of JG.

I was watching the skycam view without commentary and could hear Cade Mayes ripping into JG after the younger Mayes came in and jumped off sides. I think it was the second quarter. I'm assuming he was blaming JG somehow.
I think he was mad at JG’s cadence which helped throw off the younger Mays off. JG hurts thus team more than any other QB I can think of throughout the last 30 years in all of college football

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I've said and posted the exact same. Something went down after the face mask grab. Pruitt has pretty much given the Butch Jones F em all since that moment. That face mask grab went national that next week and I firmly believe Pruitt was told to cool it by somebody.
The face mask issue should be a non issue. Geez it’s football, it’s a gladiator sport.

Reactions: Voljerm98
The apathy that is obvious with JG initially is now apparent across the team. Is that a result of JP's lack of fire? Ell if I know but he certainly hasn't been anywhere near as intense as he was just a year ago. Wonder if he has been told to back it down a tad on his emotional responses or is he on a mood stabilizer.

I think this is spot on. Apathy is best choice I would use. The players have just lost all confidence in JG. A change has to be made if you want to see these kkids play with fire again.

I get that JG may know/run the offense the best. But he makes too many mistakes to have any faith in. The players have seen these mistakes far too often that when these mistakes inevitably happen, the whole team just feels the game unraveling.

We need a spark and Vandy is exactly the sort of game to take that chance in. If you're Pruitt, you have to realize this may be your last chance to save your job. Going with JG is a plan you know is destined to eventually fail, even if he manages to play well vs Vandy. Also, if Bailey or Maurer or Shrout aren't up to the task vs Vandy, you know without a doubt this is a coaching issue and you know how to address those changes in the off-season. There is enough talent there where proper preparation should easily produce positive results among 1 of these 3. Yes I know Vandy played Florida relatively well last week. But Vandy isn't anywhere close to our talent level and their coach is essentially a worse version of Muschamp.

Reactions: utchs81
SEC nation called out halftime adjustments or mostly lack thereof which was spot on as well. Doering also called out JG’s turnovers as not just bad, but How they’re always catastrophic. Everyone sees what’s going on save for our coaching staff.

JG reminds me of Arian Foster... he screws up at the worst time possible. It seemed like every time Lewis fumbled it was inside the 5 or we had the momentum and the game was swinging our way. JG is exactly like that.

Last edited:
JG reminds me if Jamal Lewis... he screws up at the worst time possible. It seemed like every time Lewis fumbled it was inside the 5 or we had the momentum and the game was swinging our way. JG is exactly like that.

JG could not hold Jamal Lewis jock strap

Not here to defend CJP, just posting an observation about "Passionless".

White board kicked.
Facemask tugged.
Pruitt made out by some of the fanbase and talking heads to be a pariah.

CJP Passion put in check.

Now, I'd assume, CJP following the old axiom of 'Praise in public. Admonish in private.'

Disagree... the kind of young men you want. And the parents of the young men you want don’t mind having their face masks grabbed when they blow a chance to beat Bama. It’s the adults that have lost their taste for this. Elite kids still want to be coached hard.
I don't see face mask grabbing like that as "coaching hard" and I came up in the 80s when there was plenty of a$$ chewing to go around. That's demeaning and belittling, period.

VN Store

Back