Crime Ridden Memphis

Police confirm two teenagers dead and two other children, including nine-month-old, injured in shooting at gas station on Elvis Presley Boulevard in Memphis

Two teenagers were killed and two other children, including a baby, were wounded in a shooting at a gas station in Memphis during a violence-filled day in the Tennessee city, police said on Saturday.

The Memphis Police Department responded to the shooting at a Marathon gas station on 3885 Elvis Presley Boulevard around 9.35pm on Friday.

The four victims were reportedly parked inside a red Infiniti vehicle at a gas pump when shots were fired in their direction by suspects inside a 'dark-colored' Nissan.

Two victims, aged 15 and 16, succumbed to their injuries - one of them was pronounced dead at the scene - while another 16-year-old female and a nine-month-old baby boy are recovering in the hospital.

Memphis shooting leaves two teenagers dead, and another teenager and a baby wounded | Daily Mail Online

If you were a thug living in a democratic city and wanted to shoot someone now is the time to do it because literally NO ONE is being arrested for ANYTHING.
That's not true. They are being arrested. They're just letting them go the next without any bail.

Lived in Memphis for two years. Got tired of having vehicles stolen or broken into. Resigned and left. Always said the the best way to see Memphis was in the rear view mirror.

I was in Germantown last week around 4 pm. Memphis traffic is still a terrible place to be in.
Once you get back out on I-40 headed East at 80 mph it's not that bad.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
That's not true. They are being arrested. They're just letting them go the next without any bail.

Over here in Jackson they don't get out. They stay or make the high bail put on them.
If they don't show up before a judge when told .... it's you stay there until you're called.

Police confirm two teenagers dead and two other children, including nine-month-old, injured in shooting at gas station on Elvis Presley Boulevard in Memphis

Two teenagers were killed and two other children, including a baby, were wounded in a shooting at a gas station in Memphis during a violence-filled day in the Tennessee city, police said on Saturday.

The Memphis Police Department responded to the shooting at a Marathon gas station on 3885 Elvis Presley Boulevard around 9.35pm on Friday.

The four victims were reportedly parked inside a red Infiniti vehicle at a gas pump when shots were fired in their direction by suspects inside a 'dark-colored' Nissan.

Two victims, aged 15 and 16, succumbed to their injuries - one of them was pronounced dead at the scene - while another 16-year-old female and a nine-month-old baby boy are recovering in the hospital.

Memphis shooting leaves two teenagers dead, and another teenager and a baby wounded | Daily Mail Online

Back when I lived in Memphis, this station wasn't too far from the apartments I stayed in.

Man found unconscious in car sentenced on gun charge

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Memphis man was sentenced to 188 months in federal prison after federal prosecutors said he was found passed out in a car with a gun and drugs inside.

Nicholas Marshall, 36, was sentenced for being a felon in possession of a firearm, The Department of Justice announced on Tuesday.
https://www.wreg.com/news/manhunt-monday/laundromat-murder-remains-unsolved/
According to a press release from the DOJ, Memphis Police were notified on October 4, 2020 about a man who was unconscious in a silver Volvo parked on Spottswood Avenue.

The DOJ said that when officers arrived, Marshall was slumped over the wheel of the car, with the horn blaring and a gun on his lap.

According to the Department of Justice, the firearm was a Rossi .357 revolver was loaded with five live rounds. In addition, police said a search revealed that Marshall had 91 Xanax pills and two bags of cocaine weighing 3.9 grams on his person.
https://www.wreg.com/news/investiga...-activist-fighting-illegal-voting-conviction/
According to the DOJ, Marshall already had seven prior felony drug convictions for possession of cocaine with intent to distribute. Because of the multiple felony convictions, Marshall is prohibited by federal law to possess a firearm or ammunition.

A District Judge sentenced Marshall to the mandatory minimum 188 months in federal prison with three years of supervised release. There is no parole in the federal system.
http://www.wreg.com/
Man found unconscious in car sentenced on gun charge | WREG.com

I stopped In Memphis on my way back from Ole Miss game. I could tell how unwelcome we were in a particular restaurant because of being White. The food was exceptional though. They were also utter mask Nazis. Dad said Memphis probably has some of the worst housing projects in the country. Not sure if I’ll ever stop in Memphis again. Arkansas can have it if they are dumb enough to take it

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I stopped In Memphis on my way back from Ole Miss game. I could tell how unwelcome we were in a particular restaurant because of being White. The food was exceptional though. They were also utter mask Nazis. Dad said Memphis probably has some of the worst housing projects in the country. Not sure if I’ll ever stop in Memphis again. Arkansas can have it if they are dumb enough to take it
Lol. All of the housing projects in Memphis are long gone now. Save for what’s left of the Foote Homes.

Which restaurant did y’all hit up?

Reactions: theFallGuy
Lol. All of the housing projects in Memphis are long gone now. Save for what’s left of the Foote Homes.

Which restaurant did y’all hit up?
Blues City Cafe. Probably the best catfish I’ve ever had in my entire life. I’m not exaggerating it was that good. Really cool restaurant expect the staff was borderline hostile. That’s not enough to be what keeps me away. It just seems like a dangerous city. I don’t know if they are or aren’t there anymore, but it’s clear that the projects have left a lasting mark

Blues City Cafe. Probably the best catfish I’ve ever had in my entire life. I’m not exaggerating it was that good. Really cool restaurant expect the staff was borderline hostile. That’s not enough to be what keeps me away. It just seems like a dangerous city. I don’t know if they are or aren’t there anymore, but it’s clear that the projects have left a lasting mark
LOL - Blue’s City? Top of Beale right there is one of the safest spots in town.
Was the long haired guy not out front asking if you’d “had your dinner yet”?

I thought you were about to tell me you were down in the heart of South Memphis. At night.

And of course Memphis is a dangerous city. It’s a large urban sprawl with a lot of poverty.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum

Just tip dem hoez real gud and errythang will bee aright!

LOL - Blue’s City? Top of Beale right there is one of the safest spots in town.
Was the long haired guy not out front asking if you’d “had your dinner yet”?

I thought you were about to tell me you were down in the heart of South Memphis. At night.

And of course Memphis is a dangerous city. It’s a large urban sprawl with a lot of poverty.
I know I’ve been there before the year we beat Florida and nothing was weird. I don’t know who the hair guy is lol. That’s why I posted this. Beale Street is generally alright if it’s in the daytime. I was surprised how sketchy things were and how rude the restaurant workers were. My feelings weren’t hurt I can give it as good as they can, was just surprised how it seemed to have gone down hill since I’d last been

Memphis has its issues. Many of which are self inflicted by the leaders they've elected. However, they have absolutely been screwed over many times by the state government in Nashville. Here's some examples

A. The State offered incentives to film the show "Nashville" in Nashville. Shows about Memphis have only offered once. And that was to film a show about Elvis in NASHVILLE.

B. The State offered Gibson money to move its facility out of Memphis to Nashville.

C. When FedEx tried to repurchase the Gibson facility, they publicly threatened to move out because the state was putting up hurdles they've never done for any other company.

D. Nike delayed the construction of its large DC here in Memphis because the state was behind in making agreed upon road repairs.

If you talk to those in economic development, this is the tip of the iceberg.

The state wants Memphis to just disappear.

The city just can’t take the hint.

maybe thin the herd

The other issue is how dang expensive Nashville is downtown and around. Many of these people are unable to afford the homes rental rates now or property taxes and are moving to Memphis and Atlanta which only lowers the average income.

South of Rosa Parks was always a very low income area and now it’s tall and skinnies starting at 600k and the landlords are evicting people at the speed of light.

The other issue is how dang expensive Nashville is downtown and around. Many of these people are unable to afford the homes rental rates now or property taxes and are moving to Memphis and Atlanta which only lowers the average income.

South of Rosa Parks was always a very low income area and now it’s tall and skinnies starting at 600k and the landlords are evicting people at the speed of light.
I bet they still wont work will they ?

Reactions: NEO

VN Store

Back