Crime and the United States

NYPD cop, 31, shot dead by career criminal during Queens traffic stop ID’d as husband, dad of young child​

An NYPD officer was shot and killed by a career criminal during a traffic stop in Queens on Monday evening in a “senseless act of violence,” officials and law enforcement sources said.

Jonathan Diller, a 31-year-old cop with three years on the force, was shot in the stomach after police tried to remove the suspect, identified by sources as Guy Rivera, from the passenger seat of the car near 19-19 Mott Avenue in Far Rockaway, according to the NYPD and sources.

Diller, a married father of a 1-year-old boy, fell to the ground and screamed that he had been “hit,” after the suspect opened fire, according to witness Deon Peters.

NYPD cop, 31, shot dead by career criminal during Queens traffic stop ID’d as husband, dad of young child
View attachment 629683
NYPD officer Jonathan Diller was killed Monday during a traffic stop.

View attachment 629684
Sources identified Guy Rivera as the suspect in Diller’s shooting.

NYPD cop, 31, shot dead by career criminal during Queens traffic stop ID’d as husband, dad of young child

White people need to stop killing cops.

Las Vegas teen Thug, 16, is charged with shooting innocent dog walker who was caught in the cross-fire of gang dispute​

A Las Vegas teenager has been charged with the murder of an innocent woman who was caught in the crossfire of a gang fight while out walking her dogs.

Kevin Perez-Stubbs, 16, faces counts of murder and conspiracy to commit murder. He was arrested last May, when he was 15.

1711661257997.png1711661272782.png

Kinda an odd question, but with states like California decriminalizing crimes like theft up to 900 etc....im curious if place that are robbed like that if they are filing more insurance claims..meaning a state can claim a lower crime rate due to decriminalization of certain crimes but insurance claims are on the rise...any studies or stats one way or the other..

Kinda an odd question, but with states like California decriminalizing crimes like theft up to 900 etc....im curious if place that are robbed like that if they are filing more insurance claims..meaning a state can claim a lower crime rate due to decriminalization of certain crimes but insurance claims are on the rise...any studies or stats one way or the other..
Crime rates haven’t fallen, they’ve just changed on how they’re reported. There was a news article years ago on how universities fudged data to make their campuses appear safer than they really were. UT was guilty of it, and probably still is. They’re had several carjackings on school property in the past few years, but I’d be willing to wager that they don’t include that in their data. They will pass that off as a city crime stat, and the city in turn probably passes it off as well as a UT issue.

Crime rates haven’t fallen, they’ve just changed on how they’re reported. There was a news article years ago on how universities fudged data to make their campuses appear safer than they really were. UT was guilty of it, and probably still is. They’re had several carjackings on school property in the past few years, but I’d be willing to wager that they don’t include that in their data. They will pass that off as a city crime stat, and the city in turn probably passes it off as well as a UT issue.
The homicide rate is down too and “fudging data” is a really bad attempt at an excuse for that

Well, maybe those folks should just not have businesses there.

Then we get here these idiots bitch about food deserts or whatever made up problem they feel like tomorrow.

" Hold the business owners accountable for all the fatherless POS people robbing, stealing, beating, and killing both the employees and other customers. CLEARLY its their fault. "

The homicide rate is down too and “fudging data” is a really bad attempt at an excuse for that
Being a NYer such as yourself, what do you attribute the decline in murder??? And why is the perception of other Nyers so different from yours?

Being a NYer such as yourself, what do you attribute the decline in murder??? And why is the perception of other Nyers so different from yours?
City getting safer, neighborhoods being developed, probably some gentrification pushing crime to other places, there’s never one thing. 391 murders in 2023 compared to 673 in 2000 for example is just a fact, if someone “perceives” the opposite they are wrong

Reactions: McDad
City getting safer, neighborhoods being developed, probably some gentrification pushing crime to other places, there’s never one thing. 391 murders in 2023 compared to 673 in 2000 for example is just a fact, if someone “perceives” the opposite they are wrong
Are all crime rates down across the board?? Theft etc....also I'm curious is you think the massive increase in conceal carry is a big Factor in the decline rate?

Yes, they are 100% manipulating those numbers, and it’s not always a republican/democrat thing.
You’re welcome to that opinion but it’s not supported by anything lol, you can’t with a straight face share articles about “fudging” that are mostly about petty property crimes or whatever and say “this also applies to murder because I said so”

Are all crime rates down across the board?? Theft etc....also I'm curious is you think the massive increase in conceal carry is a big Factor in the decline rate?
In NYC yes everything is down from the early 2000s, and no I don’t think it’s because of concealed carry among NYC civilians

Reactions: McDad
While what you cite is technically true that 391 is still higher than all of 2013-2019. Of course from 2020 they were even higher than the 2023 number you cite but that only reinforces the argument that homicides had been increasing. Certainly 391 in '23 vs '22 having 438 is an improvement but still historically high going back over the last decade.

ScreenHunter_8993 Apr. 02 10.34.jpg

This dodges my post. You think they are fudging homicides?
I don't think necessarily think they are, but there are 1000 ways to do it, and even more reasons to do it. Look at how deaths were reported during Covid. Dying WITH Covid was not separated from dying FROM Covid. very easy to manipulate death statistics if you can change the meanings of what is being defined.

we saw the opposite condition happen under Obama when he reclassified mass shootings. From 5 or more DEATHS not including the shooter; to 4 or more people shot, not killed, including the shooter. that's how he was able to point to a huge rise in mass shootings, because he redefined the term. same thing with school shootings, here in Atlanta there have been about a dozen shootings at a school campus that has been closed for a decade, and hosts no school events anymore.

Homicides could be classified as work place deaths, negligence, assisted suicides, unknown causes. it could be separated out to vehicular homicides, hate crimes, terrorism, and still counted as deaths, but not showing up under the umbrella of homicide that had some categories removed.

heck they could have changed the reporting borders of NYC itself, dropped off parts of bothersome boros. or bodies found in the river, tunnels, or bridges connecting NYC not counting to NYC. You could also have separate groups now "claiming" some of those homicides instead of it just being under NYPD homicides. all of the separate policing agencies could track the numbers separately, MTA, harbor, parks, historical. maybe they aren't counting Federal or State cases in the City numbers because it falls in their jurisdiction.

there is also there ever popular trend of just quietly releasing the real numbers several months after the general public has consumed a set of numbers for a while.

again, I don't have any reason to think that is what is going on, but there is precedence and ways it could be done. and its pretty easy to see the WHY of it. fewer homicides looks better, and that draws more attention than other forms of death reporting.

In NYC yes everything is down from the early 2000s, and no I don’t think it’s because of concealed carry among NYC civilians
That's not true, and I pointed this out to you weeks ago. Felony assaults are higher now than they have been since 2000 (I didn't go back prior to this) according to the data I find. Other categories, you are correct.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back