Crime and the United States

We have the largest prison population on earth, yet that doesn’t seem to be deterring people.

Exactly. Our prisons are too "soft" and there really isn't reprecussions for committing crimes.

Heck these police officers will lose their job and probably get a prison sentence but will be out in 20 years.

What makes it worse is that people get out of prison and turn around and do the same crime again because their lives are kind of pointless as they are past felons so they have 0 opportunities. Killing people might actually be the more benevolent method but our society is all about preserving life at all time even when it doesn't make sense.

Heck we spend Billions on health care to keep people alive 2-3 more years that will inevitable die when that money could be allocated to research or development of our society.

Part of the reason our society hasn't changed much in 40-50 years. Take 1880 to 1920 and look at the vast technology changes in that span of time and then take 1980 to 2020 and see how little we have progressed outside of entertainment/internet advances.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
Having stricter penalties for convicted people does not mean more government. In fact, we had stricter penalties in the 1780s... you know the decade when our Founders and Framers of the Constitution were alive.

Our experiments are failing. Seems like we need to go back and review past systems to understand. Some of the civilizations/cultures that I cite to are considered among the great Empires to exist and lasted Centuries.
That was pre-constitution and we also had full blown slavery. Good example though

Think of all the "future" crime we could prevent if we stoned to death everyone in juvi. Crime rates would drop so much.

Exactly. Our prisons are too "soft" and there really isn't reprecussions for committing crimes.

Heck these police officers will lose their job and probably get a prison sentence but will be out in 20 years.

What makes it worse is that people get out of prison and turn around and do the same crime again because their lives are kind of pointless as they are past felons so they have 0 opportunities. Killing people might actually be the more benevolent method but our society is all about preserving life at all time even when it doesn't make sense.

Heck we spend Billions on health care to keep people alive 2-3 more years that will inevitable die when that money could be allocated to research or development of our society.

Part of the reason our society hasn't changed much in 40-50 years. Take 1880 to 1920 and look at the vast technology changes in that span of time and then take 1980 to 2020 and see how little we have progressed outside of entertainment/internet advances.
There is so much wrong with this. Wow. Innocent people would die if we implemented what you’re suggesting.

This went very different than another thread that I started on this topic where discussions got very mature.

A lot of miss-interpretation and immature responses.

Pretty par for the course with our nation though. No wonder we are a sinking ship.

OP is nuts and probably considers himself a small government conservative.

God must be nuts then based on what he put in Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

I mean looks like 95% of the human race prior to 1950 is nuts according to you.

God must be nuts then based on what he put in Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

OT laws no longer applies unless you are Jewish.

So you want to go back to segregation, blue laws and show trials?

OT laws no longer applies unless you are Jewish.

So you want to go back to segregation, blue laws and show trials?

Again deflections...

You are not having a serious conversation but rather acting as an impertinent child wanting to argue and insult/mudsling.

I am sure your ideas really are working right now... I mean what is the phrase, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." I am tired of the stupid political talk with no answer or progress. I guess you are not.

Clearly every human born prior to 1950 in all countries was a monster and uncivilized, not worth listening to even though all the luxuries and success you currently have are based on their sacrifices.

This went very different than another thread that I started on this topic where discussions got very mature.

Pretty par for the course with our nation though. No wonder we are a sinking ship.
If one or two people are mocking you it's just the nature of the internet. When it's 95% of the responses then it's on you . It means either your idea is terrible or you presented it poorly.

Again deflections...

You are not having a serious conversation but rather acting as an impertinent child wanting to argue and insult/mudsling.

I am sure your ideas really are working right now... I mean what is the phrase, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." I am tired of the stupid political talk with no answer or progress. I guess you are not.

Clearly every human born prior to 1950 in all countries was a monster and uncivilized, not worth listening to even though all the luxuries and success you currently have are based on their sacrifices.

What great ideas do you have?

You've obviously never been incarcerated. The issue isn't that they are "soft", it's that they do nothing to prepare those that get out, (the vast majority by the way), to be productive and good citizens once freed. In fact they do a lot to ensure it's very difficult for them.

Much of your thought process comes off as cold and heartless. Void of humanity and empathy....... This thinking breeds the conditions you speak out against.

Again deflections...

What you are proposing is doing the same stuff over and over again, since the 60/70s it has been one tough on crime movement after another with longer sentences and harsher punishments. It hasn't worked. Why not put the money we spend on incarceration towards education (elementary and HS) so that a kid graduating HS and not wanting colege has job skills and is ready for the workforce. Gainfully employed people are probably the least likely to offend in the first place.

Why we're at it lets end the war on drugs, repeal the myriad of dumbass laws on the books, stop overcharging people who make mistakes and those that do end up incarcerated offer them trade schooling so when they get out (and most all do) they can get a job.

Show us the link of the thread where this discussion wasn't a complete joke.

If one or two people are mocking you it's just the nature of the internet. When it's 95% of the responses then it's on you . It means either your idea is terrible or you presented it poorly.
Pretty much 😂 It’s kind of like ‘I like cucumbers’.. ‘what? you don’t like potatoes.. educate yourself’ 😂 That’s just the nature of it.. we all wouldn’t talk to each other like this in person I bet lol

Last edited:

The only other thread you've made in this forum was rightfully mocked as well.

If 100% of posters have "misinterpreted" your thread then it was likely a bad premise, poorly written,or both

Reactions: volfanhill

98%+ of the human race prior to 1950 was insane.

VN Store

Back