Credit

There's no sense in trying to reason with him Milo, face it you are from the west coast and are therefore inferior, as is your knowledge of UT football.

Sarge, way to bag on a guy who's probably put in more effort and had to deal with more pain and frustration on behalf of UT than most. How much else are you willing to say in order to not admit you might be wrong?

What do stats prove anyway? You can look at stats all day long and it is all just history. Stats don't win games. Sure, Spurrier was constantly putting up big stats against teams like UK, but if u check the record book, we had just as many wins against them as he did, and our games were sometimes actually exciting(if not nailbiting) to watch past the first quarter. Lets see the resume of who you would replace Sanders with instead of looking at his(we all know who he is), that you could virtually guarantee would be here in 10 years no matter what. Like I've said before, he's not the best out there, but he's the best we have right now and possibly the best for us right now. I know the stability and loyalty of our coaching staff is playing a big part getting us this top signing class we are working on right now.
As far as that SC pipeline, I say keep em comin. That's pretty coldhearted talking about a guy with more heart than most players can imagine. Those 50 plays have been a joy to watch and I wouldn't trade them for the world.
The offense saved the defense, no the defense saved the offense argument is a work of futility. Back when I played the game, that is what was supposed to happen. It is a team sport, guys. I'm getting a little bit older(37), but it still works today.

We know it's a team sport. But sometimes, it does come down to which side of the ball can pull more weight. It's not the way we should play, but numerous times this season, we saw our offense bailing out our defense when things started heading south.

Other than the Georgia game, I can think of none that we made. Sure, we sotpped Auburn's running game in the SECCG, but Campbell made our d-backs look like third graders.

That's kind of the point I was trying to make, that to be so hyer-critical of RS when there's basis to do the same to JC is wrong. We don't have to worry about either of them going anywhere for awhile, because honestly neither is the kind of calibur that puts them on other team's radar like a Norm Chow or Bob Stoops. I think they're both the best we could have at the moment, and both have room to improve. But if anyone is going to call for one of their heads (which I don't think we should be doing), it's JC by a small margin; more time on the coordinator position, defensive let downs at the end of big games, no trends showing that will change or is changing, the fact that unless a recruit comes to UT knowing how to be a solid tackler already then they never learn.

The simple fact is that there are more games where RS and the O did their part and the JC led D didn't and the ballgame was lost than vice-versa.

Well, as far as direct effect on the outcome of a game, I'd say there's only one case each way this last season. Our offense was the sole reason we lost to ND, our defense afforded them all the opportunities possible, but the offense just never capitalized. Our defense lost the SECCG, as they just let Jason Campbell rack up a bunch of yards.

VN Store

Back