Credit to Rick Barnes

Fun to be in close games with top 10 teams and the games be close such that a few calls going our way could have changed the outcome. This games gives me more hope for the rest of the season.

I would have loved to see what would happen if we hadn't gotten hosed on that moving screen call not made on their big. It was an obvious foul on them that was called on us. We might not have won anyway, but who knows.
We'd have still given them 17 points off of TOs so wouldn't have mattered. Same thing that's cost us most of our losses this season. worse than our shooting.

Didn’t realize JJ played 23 min.
JJJ did get 7 Reb& 4 assist the rest was bad
Think UP gave up 8 points in 4 M
1579999420517.png

Turner and Bowden swaped out starting. Turner sat out early due to shoulder. Alexander, Bone, Williams and Schofield were the constant 4

Turner and Bowden swaped out starting. Turner sat out early due to shoulder. Alexander, Bone, Williams and Schofield were the constant 4

Pons (13) actually started more than Bowden (5). Turner had 19 starts. Bowden started every game as a sophomore and all but 3 as a freshman.

Talking about all the players the team lost from last years team and the injury and loss of Turner.......

This is a ragtag Sandlot type of team that doesn't have a lot of natural talent. Rather learning how to play as a team and play above their ability (which means they are being coach and developed well).
You our correct. Pons is the only one on NBA boards next year as 2nd rounder. Now Keon and Jaden our 1st rounders and have not played a college game.

If Plavsic can turn into UT's version of Azubike next season, we will have a real solid inside prescence to team with Fulkerson.

Reactions: VolNExile
If Plavsic can turn into UT's version of Azubike next season, we will have a real solid inside prescence to team with Fulkerson.
Yeah and if Santi can be Damian Lillard we’d have amazing backcourt play
Not trying to be a jerk but if you’re expecting Uros to approach Azubike’s levels you’re gonna be disappointed. He can definitely help though with some improvement on defense

Last edited:
Yeah and if Santi can be Damian Lillard we’d have amazing backcourt play
Not trying to be a jerk but if you’re expecting Uros to approach Azubike’s levels you’re gonna be disappointing. He can definitely help though with some improvement on defense

I think he will be better after some more strength is added along with experience. He will be good ( I'm thinking like one of the Purdue guys last year), but nothing like Azubike.

This team is continuing to find ways to slightly improve and get out of slumps. Yes, at times they have some rough stretches on offense, but as long as they stay disciplined defensively they will be able to compete.

Also, we are getting some more inside production with Fulky balling out, and Bowden finding ways to get drive to the basket. We have some decent shooting from outside with Vescovi, Pons, Bowden, and JJJ, and even JJ at times able to get hot.Now if we can get inside and get to the free throw line more, we could be very formidable.

The bench didn’t help today. They accounted for 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 point, and 3 turnovers.

They did give 5 fouls, which helped for this game (some of them).....but dang, you got to get more from your bench than 1 point and. 1 rebound.

Reactions: walkenvol
Good effort tonight. Hopefully this gives the team some confidence to finish out the conference season. Would like to see Pons have more consistent production. Turnover continue to be an issue.

Despite all of the losses from last year and the struggles early this year, he is starting to piece together a competitive team again.
You mean not making it past the Sweet 16? That's his wheelhouse.

We will be back losing in the early rounds of the tourney real soon.

Don’t you guys worry.

We will be back losing in the early rounds of the tourney real soon.

Don’t you guys worry.

I sure hope so.

For teams like Tennessee “making the tournament” is always a good thing.....and winning one or two (games in the)....is huge.

We'd have still given them 17 points off of TOs so wouldn't have mattered. Same thing that's cost us most of our losses this season. worse than our shooting.
The home cooking by the refs gave Kansas at least that many points by allowing Assibookia the push off on all those post ups.

I think he will be better after some more strength is added along with experience. He will be good ( I'm thinking like one of the Purdue guys last year), but nothing like Azubike.
You do realize UP is 21 years old and has been in a college S&C program for 1.5 years?

Quote “” Bowden, pons, turner started last year Started but never really was a big part aside from some big games from Bowden. turner being gone really means the 3 top go to players are gone from last year. Bowden played well yesterday but really the first time all year. I understand what your saying and I agree this is a mediocre team talent wise but hopefully they will round into something nice

VN Store

Back