Craziest place you’ve heard a “Go Vols”?

At UGA campus. We were doing a boiler plant replacement at one of the buildings. I walk into the lead staff engineer's office and it is plastered in orange. Brought a tear to my eye.

I was at a church in mid Georgia and the pastor had asked some of us that were visiting to introduce ourselves. At the end of my intro I said, "Go Vols"! The pastor called for security (jokingly I think). This was a few years ago and just weeks before the Jennings miracle. I don't think I made any friends there at all. LOL

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
My wife (native Hoosier) gets so annoyed when someone Go Vols's me. It's great.

Walking down a hotel stairway in Israel 20+ years ago...A beautiful young lady saw all of my orange and yelled, "Go Big Orange"...I said, "Wait a minute! Are you Israeli? She continued to tell me that her entire family were Vol fans and the grandfather sent one of the grandkids to a UT game each year...She said, "Last year was my turn...I went to see Fla. and the beat us..."

Not crazy, but was at Gatorss restaurant in Seminole, FL last month and the live band played Rocky Top. People actually danced to it. In FL....

St. Lucia on my honeymoon in 04. guy flew in that Sunday, and it was the day after the 04 Fl game where wilhoit kicked the game winner.......he watched in the air port in San Juan. he saw me at the bar with my hat on...at the time i didn't know who won. i had it recorded. he spoiled it for me. at my request. and until 2016, it had been since 2001 since i actually saw us beat FL.

that's a long time friends.....i should know, i was married the whole time.
lol.

St. Lucia on my honeymoon in 04. guy flew in that Sunday, and it was the day after the 04 Fl game where wilhoit kicked the game winner.......he watched in the air port in San Juan. he saw me at the bar with my hat on...at the time i didn't know who won. i had it recorded. he spoiled it for me. at my request. and until 2016, it had been since 2001 since i actually saw us beat FL.

that's a long time friends.....i should know, i was married the whole time.
lol.
The 2016 win is the only win over Florida I’ve attended. I’ve attended my fair share.

Same deal with the gumps. The 5 OT win is the loneliest one of all.

Not crazy, but was at Gatorss restaurant in Seminole, FL last month and the live band played Rocky Top. People actually danced to it. In FL....
Ahhh, at John's Pass. I was surprised at the number of Vols here when we moved to Seminole 9 years ago.

I’ve heard it in France, Germany, Belgium, Hodurus, Belize, And most everywhere I’ve traveled since I always rock Tennessee. Craziest was in the wilderness of Idaho when I ran into a hunter who gave me a Go Vols. Had to be dropped off by plane and I was surprised to run into him especially a southern.

It was not on game day but my Daughter lives in South Bend Indiana and we went to Notre Dame. We got to go out on field and yes I bought some grass.We heard a lot of go Vols everything I had on said Tennessee.

VN Store

Back