Craziest place you’ve heard a “Go Vols”?

ffemtp

Frankfurt Germany airport last fall. Turns out the guy who said it was from Atlanta and is a Dawg fan. Said his wife graduated from UT so he didn’t hate the VOLS like most other UGA fans....haha. We spent quite a while discussing SEC football while waiting at the gate.

ffemtp

Not a “Go VOLS”. But was in San Antonio a couple of years ago at Lackland AFB for my son’s graduation. Had on a VOL shirt and heard “War Eagle”. Turned around and saw an Air Force Colonel had said it. We spent a couple of minutes talking about how much both of us hate Bama.

Orangeredblooded

Forgot about one. I’ve told this story before, but I met a dude on a FOB in the middle of Africa who was in BUD/S with Daniel Lincoln. Had some cool stories. Gave me a reluctant “Go Vols”, seems like he was an FSU fan iirc.

But wow, we really are everywhere. Awesome stories! Glad to see Roane County/Kingston mentioned as well. I’ve heard a few “Go Vols” down at the Handee Burger.
I love those little gut bombs at Handee Burger.

Volgrad98

Give my all for the VOLS
Not the craziest place but I was in an airport bar in Charlotte, NC had my a Vols hat on waiting for a flight a few years a ago. Guy walks in sits next to me at the bar says "nice hat.", yes he's a Vol fan. We talk over a beer, friendly conversation having a few laughs. During this, I politely tell the guy I gotta fart, he says "let her rip". I try to make it as silent as possible but comes out kinda loud and guy give me a subtle "Go Vols". Just one of those things I remember that makes me chuckle.

Tin Man

Dirt's Childhood Playmate
On a bike & boat tour along the Rhine, a local cyclist passing me on a bridge in Dusseldorf said, "Go Vols!" I was wearing my Tennessee bike jersey that day.

Pepe

In the shower.
When showering at my gym, I sometimes forget about my Power T tattoo on my lower back.
I don’t mind the “Go Vols” shout outs.
What bothers me is when some non sports fan says....”wow, love your Tramp Stamp”.
Thats just wrong.
Before I read the last part of your post, I thought "wow this guy's got a power t tramp stamp"

Smokey X

When my son was marching with the POTSB they travelled a couple of days early when we played the gators.
They always stay in Jacksonville on that trip.
While at the hotel, a lot of them did karaoke and played a little.
As they did that, the staff and several other patrons joined in singing rocky top....said they didn't like the gators either and wished them good luck.
I thought that was a "cool story bro".

VolArmy74

Craziest incident involving a Go Vols was in Chicago just outside of O'Hare in the summer of 2009. I heard a Go Vols as I had on an Orange and White Vols shirt. I turned and looked and it was the Honky Tonk man of WWF fame. The craziest thing about it; he predicted Kiffin would lose to Alabama and be gone after one season. I thought he was absolutely insane and he very well may have been, but he called Kiffin only being here a year.

KINGSVOL

About 10 years ago I got the call to play TAPS for a fallen Soldier who was from YAP. It's a small island in the Marianas Island chain, part of Siapan. When I landed at their airport and went through security, which was a cinder block room with gates on it, I heard a "Go Vols" from across the "cell". It was awesome to have someone to relate to for 2 weeks, 1 flight in or out per week. The island and the people were/are good people, now they know about the VOLS!!!!!

Backwards K

Watched the Vols fall to Rutgers at the American embassy, Tehran, Iran. November 3, 1979. No chit.
It didn't look any better sitting in Neyland Stadium, I can guarantee you that. The game, that is. Your circumstances were much tougher and I appreciate your service.

Wear the Power T anywhere in Washington, DC and it is surprising how many Go Vols you get.

VN Store

Sponsors