CPS must be washed up

title, but PS will have to find some better guards first. She had the same problem three years ago and had to get two guards from JUCO, which is unusual when you have your pick of HS talent every year, practically.

Remember these names:

Taber Spani
Kamiko Williams
Lauren Avant

I bet these guards will also win an NC ring in the next few years.

they will not make it passed the first round. lack of tal. and exp. may be pat just needs to move on to the WNBA? she has lost a little heart as well. her staff is not what it needs to be, may be some changes there? out of shape!!!! can barely get up and down the floor at times. should not even be going the NCAA TOUR. this year. why can't pat get great players to play for her any more? need to be more up tempo, run and gun. take a new look at things, because there are changes that need to be made, team wise, staff wise! sad year for the LADY VOLS!!! but just maybe getting there tails kicked night in and out, will make them grow up! This is not High School any more???
Cricket

they will not make it passed the first round. lack of tal. and exp. may be pat just needs to move on to the WNBA? she has lost a little heart as well. her staff is not what it needs to be, may be some changes there? out of shape!!!! can barely get up and down the floor at times. should not even be going the NCAA TOUR. this year. why can't pat get great players to play for her any more? need to be more up tempo, run and gun. take a new look at things, because there are changes that need to be made, team wise, staff wise! sad year for the LADY VOLS!!! but just maybe getting there tails kicked night in and out, will make them grow up! This is not High School any more???
Cricket
I've never seen anyone who doesn't mind showing their ignorance more than you. You are either extremely young or a drop out. Either way, you have no clue considering the ignorant statements you have made in the past. You lost all credibility with your previous posts.

I recognize the sarcasm of the OP. I'm not being sarcastic.

I say if you ask any Division I women's BB coach who they would least like to coach against, Summit would be #1. She hasn't forgot how to coach. Sometimes you gotta rebuild.

Suppose for some reason, Summit did leave UT. And wanted to coach elsewhere. I say there would be many, many schools that would be glad to have her.

largest loss ptwise in UT s e c tourney history... Clearly pat has lost it and is no longer a good coach.

You must be nuts. For crying out loud, she won a NC only last year. She has won 1,000+ games. No way we replace her. That would be like removing Andrew Jackson from Mt. Rushmore!

Well first, some of you guys & gals are so punchy because of abuse-raids by cave-men that you didn't actually read the original post all the way through and see that he actually said he was being sarcastic but expected to see something like what he said posted by one of our misogynistically retarded members.

IOW, he was making fun of anyone who actually thought what he said, so lighten up and save it for the real morons.

Second, for a long time I've been wondering something about CPS. Back in '82, I was at UMontana. Back then, the Lady Griz were one of a tiny group of schools (some of them, like LA Tech, pretty small) who were playing the kind of modern women's-version of hoops rather than treating it as something cute women did, and not to be taken that seriously. Having been born in TN, I naturally perked up my ears when over the next couple of years I was suddenly hearing about CPS and the Lady Vols on the local sports news. I mean, first, getting any women's sports news on t.v. was unusual, much less news about a team a couple thousand miles away.

Pat didn't just put the Lady Vols on the map, I believe she was a major force in the rapid evolution and spread of modern women's hoops.

But what that means is that, ironically, as a result of her impact upon the female game, there is actually an ever-declining motivation for the best players to come to UT. I know that sounds weird, but just think about it. Thanks to Pat and her proof that women's hoops could and should be taken seriously, other programs were able to piggy-back and build upon her success. [[I'd love, once before I die, to force a certain UConn coach (who shall remain nameless since I don't feel like throwing up the good scotch I just drank) to admit that he owes his career to CPS.]] A consequence of her being such a national developmental force, is that while UT may still be the best program overall, there are now a whole lot of great if lesser programs. A HS girl no longer has to choose between developing her athletic gifts by going to Montana, LA Tech, Stanford, and a scant few other teams or going to the school that met all her other needs and desires like back in '82. Ironically, thanks in a very real way to CPS she now has many, many more options.

So, anyway, my point is that I'm amazed that this year's Pat-ettes are unusual rather than the norm. CPS isn't just our coach, she's the person who helped make the women's version of hoops so respected that even old guys with testosterone-control problems like Bobby Knight are proud to go on camera giving her her due.

UT's less-than-stellar year not only isn't a sign of a decline in Pat's abilities, it's at least partly a sign of her phenomenal role in the development of women's sports, and thereby the creation of her own competition. Frankly, all things considered, I'm amazed both that this is the worst year we've had recently, and that it only sucks (if you look at it objectively) because CPS has given us all a messiah complex.

Cricket

thank you for giving me the opportunity to whip this out

faildozer.jpg

Well first, some of you guys & gals are so punchy because of abuse-raids by cave-men that you didn't actually read the original post all the way through and see that he actually said he was being sarcastic but expected to see something like what he said posted by one of our misogynistically retarded members.

IOW, he was making fun of anyone who actually thought what he said, so lighten up and save it for the real morons.

Second, for a long time I've been wondering something about CPS. Back in '82, I was at UMontana. Back then, the Lady Griz were one of a tiny group of schools (some of them, like LA Tech, pretty small) who were playing the kind of modern women's-version of hoops rather than treating it as something cute women did, and not to be taken that seriously. Having been born in TN, I naturally perked up my ears when over the next couple of years I was suddenly hearing about CPS and the Lady Vols on the local sports news. I mean, first, getting any women's sports news on t.v. was unusual, much less news about a team a couple thousand miles away.

Pat didn't just put the Lady Vols on the map, I believe she was a major force in the rapid evolution and spread of modern women's hoops.

But what that means is that, ironically, as a result of her impact upon the female game, there is actually an ever-declining motivation for the best players to come to UT. I know that sounds weird, but just think about it. Thanks to Pat and her proof that women's hoops could and should be taken seriously, other programs were able to piggy-back and build upon her success. [[I'd love, once before I die, to force a certain UConn coach (who shall remain nameless since I don't feel like throwing up the good scotch I just drank) to admit that he owes his career to CPS.]] A consequence of her being such a national developmental force, is that while UT may still be the best program overall, there are now a whole lot of great if lesser programs. A HS girl no longer has to choose between developing her athletic gifts by going to Montana, LA Tech, Stanford, and a scant few other teams or going to the school that met all her other needs and desires like back in '82. Ironically, thanks in a very real way to CPS she now has many, many more options.

So, anyway, my point is that I'm amazed that this year's Pat-ettes are unusual rather than the norm. CPS isn't just our coach, she's the person who helped make the women's version of hoops so respected that even old guys with testosterone-control problems like Bobby Knight are proud to go on camera giving her her due.

UT's less-than-stellar year not only isn't a sign of a decline in Pat's abilities, it's at least partly a sign of her phenomenal role in the development of women's sports, and thereby the creation of her own competition. Frankly, all things considered, I'm amazed both that this is the worst year we've had recently, and that it only sucks (if you look at it objectively) because CPS has given us all a messiah complex.

good things for women's college basketball. But your notion that, thanks to Summitt, women's college basketball is full of great programs now is wrong. The game has developed, but slowly: There still aren't more than 10 good programs in women's basketball--15 very tops, and I'm happy to name them if you want. In that sense it's a lot like men's lacrosse--you can count on a small group of teams battling for the title just about every year. Evidence that the game has been SLOW to develop: First- and second- round NCAA games are still played on team home courts, which should be a no-no but isn't because it's the only way the NCAA can count on getting decent attendance in the early rounds. If 1st and 2nd round games were played on neutral courts, as they should, attendence would be low.

Second, nearly every player PS signs in an All America. PS may not have her pick of any player in America, but it's close. The best players still tend to go to the most prominent programs, one of which of course is UT. In fact, it's precisely because everybody on the team is an AA that UT continues to do as well as it does, despite the fact that her talent evaluation is spotty and her offensive coaching is a little, well, offensive. She still puts a lot more talented or semi-talented bodies on the court than just about anybody else. PS is a legend and I have a high regard for her, but I don't think she's the best coach in women's basketball because her teams are just too ragged on offense. Yea, you can games with offensive (and defensive) rebounding, and defense--but watching 30 percent shooting isn't all that fun to watch. That is my complaint about PS: for all the talent she does recruit, she has /great/ trouble putting together a well-functioning offense. It's not her forte--but as I've said, she manages to win anyway except when Geno has got some horses, and then it's a different story.

This team is completely young. There is one SR. and the rest are basically sophomores and freshmen. PS has been down this road before with entering a tournament with a 10 loss team. Now this team does not come close, but I'm just saying...it's nothing she hasn't seen before. I think this season will make them a much better team next season.

...And I feel sorry for those girls during workouts/practices lol.

Cricket

so one season and you're turning on them? are you serious? :lolabove: you need to pull your head out of your tail and wake up.

VN Store

Back