CPS must be washed up

hatingbamaisawayoflife

largest loss ptwise in UT s e c tourney history... Clearly pat has lost it and is no longer a good coach...

I expect something like this to be posted by bpv.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I thought Coach Summitt was going to have a stroke a couple of times during the game.

I agree. Personally I think cps has done her best job coaching since 96 championship season but I was making thread b4 someone could to show what a moronic statement it
would be

I agree. Personally I think cps has done her best job coaching since 96 championship season

I think the best job was the 2003 season. No way that team should have made the finals and played UConn to a five-point game. That was a Sweet 16 caliber team at best, and they won 33 games and were two missed treys away from winning everything.

So you're basically saying the most winningest coach ever is no longer a good coach.
She has 7 freshman and they've exceeded expectations in my mind, at least they won 20 games and didn't finish 8th in the SEC.

Shek
Read my post again..
It was sarcasm as there are people on here that post stupidity like that as I put. Of course pat is not washed up. She is the best

Pat can still coach--but I question her talent evaluation with respect to recruiting. Nearly every kid she signs is highly rated, but a lot of them have very obvious weaknesses for top 20 HS players. Her guard recruiting is really spotty: How many really good guards (point or shooting), with all-around skills, has she had over the last decade? Answer: Very few. Kara Lawson was a nice all-around player, but you can count on one hand the number of /good/ guards she's had in 30 years. She also has great trouble finding centers who can score--Cain has a bit of talent. To her credit, PS overcomes because despite the weaknesses, she's always got more HS AAs than any other team (except Ct) and the LV's are very good at finding ways to win with their defense and toughness. It ain't pretty, often, but it's worked.

I would hate to be at morning workouts after a loss with Summit as coach....The absolute HORROR!!...I dated a lady VOL back in the day and she dreaded those morning workouts after a loss...This is a young team and are taking their lumps, They will start giving them back soon...Not worried in the least.

Pat's recent recruiting classes (rankings by hoopgurlz.com):

2007 class

#2 Angie Bjorklund
#5 Vicki Baugh
#12 Kelley Cain
#38 Sydney Smallbone

2008 class

#3 Glory Johnson
#4 Amber Gray
#8 Shekinna Stricklen
#15 Alicia Manning
#20 Alyssia Brewer
UR Briana Bass

2009 class

#13 Taber Spani
#69 Faith Dupree
#75 Kamiko Williams

2010 class (verbal)

#8 Lauren Avant

A couple of good draws and a couple of good games and the sweet 16 is not out of question this year.IMO.

Pat can still coach--but I question her talent evaluation with respect to recruiting. Nearly every kid she signs is highly rated, but a lot of them have very obvious weaknesses for top 20 HS players. Her guard recruiting is really spotty: How many really good guards (point or shooting), with all-around skills, has she had over the last decade? Answer: Very few. Kara Lawson was a nice all-around player, but you can count on one hand the number of /good/ guards she's had in 30 years. She also has great trouble finding centers who can score--Cain has a bit of talent. To her credit, PS overcomes because despite the weaknesses, she's always got more HS AAs than any other team (except Ct) and the LV's are very good at finding ways to win with their defense and toughness. It ain't pretty, often, but it's worked.

Yeah that candace parker sucked and man bobbit was horrible and sidney sucked...
Stupid post... Wow

I question ur iq

Yeah that candace parker sucked and man bobbit was horrible and sidney sucked...
Stupid post... Wow

I question ur iq

You can also add Randle, Hornbuckle and Zolman who were All-Americans.

So that makes 6, 7 if you include Candice, really good guards in the last decade.Then you add Bjorklund and Stricklin from the current class who will also be AA's,that sure shows spotty guard recruiting.:eek:lol:

Evaluating female high school basketball players is always pretty tough. For the most part the truly gifted players are few and far between when compared to the boys game. Because of the lack of stiff competition it is much harder to evaluate them. I know what she looks for is players that are proven winners and have the desire and drive to win. I guess she just figures she can coach everything else into them.

VN Store

Back