CPF helping coach O Line

I get the "STAY IN YOUR LANE CROWD" but if CJP allows it, and even possibly asked for it, then why the hell not would our legendary HC that knows a thing or two about OLine play not get involved? I'd be shocked if Phil just showed up one day, invaded Jeremy's practice and made these boys jump on the sleds. CJP has to of known and be ok with it... one would assume.

For the "there's more to being an AD in football crowd": I mean yes you're correct, but from day one CFP has made it clear the Football program is priority #1 2 and 3.. this shouldn't surprise anyone. The football program signs the checks for the entire athletic dept, deal with it!

Reactions: Doberman
You must be a youngen... check out "Decade of Dominance"...its about the VOLS in the 1990s. I believe only Nebraska won as many games that decade.

I believe Alabama has rewritten the definition of “dynasty”. One national title is not a dynsasty. Would you consider current Clemson a dynasty?

Reactions: BackwoodsMan
Question. If you are a previous Coach that built a Dynasty, played at that School, and became the AD. Would you idlely sit back and watch or would you get your hands dirty, while staying within NCAA regulations.

Answer. Yes........Pretty much No Brainer....
That wasn't a yes/no question you asked. I take it you believe Fulmer would do the latter. Fulmer will do whatever takes the least effort on his part. Forget overseeing stadium renovations or maximizing the coaching talent across all the athletic programs.

You must be a youngen... check out "Decade of Dominance"...its about the VOLS in the 1990s. I believe only Nebraska won as many games that decade.
I am 52, Dynasty is a term usually associated with multiple championships. Celtics, UCLA, Bulls , in basketball, Yankees ,in baseball, Patriots, Bama.
1 championship in 50 years ain’t no Dynasty, so what ever you are referring to is wrong if they equate winning games to a Dynasty .

If Pat was AD and showed up at practice and lend a hand, would folks have the same response? Would she be seen as a meddler? I don't think so.

And the sports media wonders why they get treated like red headed step children.

Great move and job by Coach Fulmer. He has seen all the mistakes, blunders, miscues and general BS from Pruitt and this staff that he can take in on year. I believe that no one out there loves the Vols more than he does. He is trying to get this ship off the rocks and congrats to him. We need him. I bet he realizes that you can't hire a boy to do a man's job.

You really need to buy a book about football before you make silly comments.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Given that the O line has been the bigest weakness on the team this year, and Phil's background with O line, it's not exactly shocking.

Great move and job by Coach Fulmer. He has seen all the mistakes, blunders, miscues and general BS from Pruitt and this staff that he can take in on year. I believe that no one out there loves the Vols more than he does. He is trying to get this ship off the rocks and congrats to him. We need him. I bet he realizes that you can't hire a boy to do a man's job.
What the...

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

How many championships did CPF win? 1.

I was at UT in the late 80s and early 90s and we had some really good teams then and throughout the 90s. CPF had a really good program culminating in one championship. However, I identify a football dynasty by the number of championships. To me, one championship does not make a dynasty. What Saban has done at AL is a dynasty.

Reactions: BackwoodsMan

If you were going for the dumbest quote, well mission accomplished.

Reactions: GoVols64 and illvol

Are you calling Pruitt a boy? While we are reading the praises of CPF, please keep in mind the guy hasn’t coached football in 10 years. Has he forgotten how to coach? Probably not, but I don’t want the guy interfering with the current coaches either. If he doesn’t like the staff then he should replace them. His involvement has the potential to undermine the current staff and create divisions between players, between coaches, and between the interaction of players and coaches.

Question. If you are a previous Coach that built a Dynasty, played at that School, and became the AD. Would you idlely sit back and watch or would you get your hands dirty, while staying within NCAA regulations.

Answer. Yes........Pretty much No Brainer....
Dynasty?

If the performance on the field is a reflection of Fulmer helping out, then maybe he needs to stay behind his desk.

The O line has been putrid this season.

He is trying to get this ship off the rocks and congrats to him. We need him. I bet he realizes that you can't hire a boy to do a man's job.

YEAH--That's why HE stepped in and hired Pruitt!!

Glad someone finally came to their senses and put the FOOTBALL man in position to straighten out this walking cluster F... of a FB program produced by little boys like Lame Kitten, Derek Dufus, and little man Jones.....

We needed a MAN occupying the position of AD first and foremost because people do reproduce in like kind....

To wit--Doug Dickey = J. Majors and Phillip Fulmer which yielded Phillip Fulmer and David Cutcliffe which begat 90s decade of dominance...

Hamilton + Hart yielded Lame Kitten + Derek Dufus + Lyle Jones = decade of DARKNESS...

Now that we have FB men shining the light on the FB program---we can truly see just how deep into the DARKNESS our FB program had descended under their leadership.

Better times ahead for sure under CJP....GO VOLS...

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back