Couple of crazy rumors floating around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetically speaking, if Butch was relieved of his duties during mid-season because of this then DeBord would undoubtedly be the interim.

What's our record at EOY if so?

I got 4-8 or 5-7.

I believe that's why Seth used the word altercation instead of punch.

Word play.....

This whole thread has been built on the premise that Butch punched a player. Is this where everything begins to get walked back? :crazy:

Maybe that is why restraint is what should be practiced until there are actual facts to support allegations. The lack of journalistic integrity shown by Stokes and unfortunately by Swain is really disappointing. They should have had a story, with proof, in the can prior to opening this can of worms at the presser. It may still come out to be true but you just can't slow drip this kind of crap.

Reactions: 3 people
The one that we had a 14 point lead on? :)...oh yeah that's everybody.

The difference is we outplayed our other two losses for the majority of the game. Besides that first quarter Arkansas just controlled thebgame from the line. I feel like that loss was inevitable. We should have beat Oklahoma and Florida.

Reactions: 1 person
Anytime somebody keeps the ball for 22 minutes in a half, and erases a 14 point lead it could be.

And with a Malone catch we have a chance to win the game. Miss the good old days when a butt whoopin meant 30 point loss. :)

Someone had a pic of the incident

attachment.php

looks like a Hulk Smash!

The difference is we outplayed our other two losses for the majority of the game. Besides that first quarter Arkansas just controlled thebgame from the line. I feel like that loss was inevitable. We should have beat Oklahoma and Florida.

Shoulda beat Arkansas.

And with a Malone catch we have a chance to win the game. Miss the good old days when a butt whoopin meant 30 point loss. :)

Me too buddy....the way these have happened have been heart wrenching. Had anybody run us out of the stadium I would feel completely different about the situation. I can accept getting beaten by a team we had no chance with.

Hypothetically speaking, if Butch was relieved of his duties during mid-season because of this then DeBord would undoubtedly be the interim.

What's our record at EOY if so?

I got 4-8 or 5-7.

CPF as interim head coach. Maybe interim AD as well.

Not advocating; just observing a tidy possible solution to mid-season unpleasantness.

:zeitung_lesen:

It may still come out to be true but you just can't slow drip this kind of crap.

There is 99.99% chance the story is true. Was it a punch, was it a physical altercation, who knows. When both parties don't want to talk and want to move on from the situation you get a "slow drip" of information as it is pieced together.

UT and Butch are mishandling the hell out of this. Why hasn't the AD issued a statement saying the allegation isn't true. The more time they wait the more this story gets legs. And it doesn't help that Butch is known for losing his everloving mind at practice, and treating players like they are beneath him.

Last edited:
UT and Butch are miss handling the hell out of this. Why hasn't the AD issued a statement saying the allegation isn't true. The more time they wait the more this story gets legs. And it doesn't help that Butch is known for losing his everloving mind at practice, and treating players like they are beneath him.

Sometimes due diligence takes longer than 24hrs

I will Agree if this is still going on next week

Just FYI... Last week Kiffin nailed Saban's daughter.... Or a booster's wife... Rumors are rumors until proven.. May be true, may not.. Sounds like there is a trolling of epic proportions going on in T-town and K-ville....

Reactions: 2 people
UT and Butch are miss handling the hell out of this. Why hasn't the AD issued a statement saying the allegation isn't true. The more time they wait the more this story gets legs. And it doesn't help that Butch is known for losing his everloving mind at practice, and treating players like they are beneath him.

The AD hasn't said anything because they are investigating. Probably another power struggle going behind the scenes with boosters and the athletic department.

Reactions: 2 people
Sometimes due diligence takes longer than 24hrs

I will Agree if this is still going on next week

But this happened over a month ago. If its not true you come out and issue a statement and end it right then. You don't let issues like this get legs and walk all the way into the national media.

Last edited:
There is 99.99% chance the story is true. Was it a punch, was it a physical altercation, who knows. When both parties don't want to talk and want to move on from the situation you get a "slow drip" of information as it is pieced together.

You missed the point. There is no story until there is proof of an event. After thousands of posts and looking over the interwebs for updated info there is simply zero evidence out there other that Seth Stokes claiming to know an "altercation" took place. WTF does that even mean and how does it get ramped into the frenzy of these pages. I've been on Swain's pages hoping for some real journalism on the issue and all they are doing is bunkering down and being defensive over the story.

At this point there is no story and it was irresponsible for them to go with hearsay. Get your evidence and then go with the story. That's the way professionals do it.

My guess (and without any sources), there was probably some type of physical altercation between Butch and Crowder on the day in question but this one particular instance is overblown.

However, the AD is having to be careful because of a pattern of behavior by Butch similar but not quite to the same level as the Crowder instance. Seems like there is too much smoke with former players, transfers, players quitting and coming back, and previous rumors of Butch belittling players for there not to be some type of fire here.

But this happened over a month again. If its not true you come out and issue a statement and end it right then. You don't let issues like this get legs and walk all the way into the national media.

It would suprise you?...our AD?

At this point there is no story and it was irresponsible for them to go with hearsay. Get your evidence and then go with the story. That's the way professionals do it.

Seth has multiple sources confirming the same thing. Swain has sources. Crowder and 2 other lineman threatened to leave the team right after said event happened. Others players are coming forward from past teams coached by Jones and are confirming that similar things happened to them. On top of all that, neither party has said it didn't happen.

Reactions: 6 people
Just FYI... Last week Kiffin nailed Saban's daughter.... Or a booster's wife... Rumors are rumors until proven.. May be true, may not.. Sounds like there is a trolling of epic proportions going on in T-town and K-ville....

That was an anonymous Reddit rumor. It was dispelled after one day. This is much larger.

But this happened over a month ago. If its not true you come out and issue a statement and end it right then. You don't let issues like this get legs and walk all the way into the national media.

But only Became an issue to investigate for hart yesterday.

Nonstory before then

Seth has multiple sources confirming the same thing. Swain has sources. Crowder and 2 other lineman threatened to leave the team right after said event happened. Others players are coming forward from past teams coached by Jones and are confirming that similar things happened to them. On top of all that, neither party has said it didn't happen.

Where are they and who are they? I haven't heard any names. I know 15 players that say Crowder and Butch are best friends. See i can do that too. And Butch denied it at the press conference. I know conspiracy theorists want to infer that answering the allegation by saying it was ridiculous is a non-answer. But sane people know that he was saying it's not true and it was ridiculous to bring it up. Maybe you just want it to be true? I'll wait for real evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back