Country music thread

Pretty sure everyone knows I’m not huge on Jason Isbell, he’s talented no doubt, just not my cup of tea. But seeing an artist like this, cover one of his songs (and his best, imo.) is a good sign for a little bit of a shift in Nashville. It seems more and more artist, are going back to the roots.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Pretty sure everyone knows I’m not huge on Jason Isbell, he’s talented no doubt, just not my cup of tea. But seeing an artist like this, cover one of his songs (and his best, imo.) is a good sign for a little bit of a shift in Nashville. It seems more and more artist, are going back to the roots.

I hate when people cover that song. Cover any of his other songs - that one is too personal.

Btw, I knew Morgan wallen a little bit when he was in college at Tech. He was a nice guy. Total bro though.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
I hate when people cover that song. Cover any of his other songs - that one is too personal.

Btw, I knew Morgan wallen a little bit when he was in college at Tech. He was a nice guy. Total bro though.
Seems to be a nice dude. Big vol fan, too. Has a whole song dedicated to a game at neyland lol

Remember this name - Larry Fleet. He's been on the Real Country show on USA Network. He's from White Bluff east of Nashville. Opened a couple of nights for Jake Owen after he found out about him and started pushing his career. Jake told him to quit his job as an electrician and just do music. So he did. Traditional country and really good musician while being able to blues, gospel or bluegrass it up.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
Remember this name - Larry Fleet. He's been on the Real Country show on USA Network. He's from White Bluff east of Nashville. Opened a couple of nights for Jake Owen after he found out about him and started pushing his career. Jake told him to quit his job as an electrician and just do music. So he did. Traditional country and really good musician while being able to blues, gospel or bluegrass it up.
I really like him. I didn’t necessarily care much for the performances he did, but I looked up his original stuff and loved it. Porter union is on Monday. Arguably one of the best sounding duos since Johnny and June vocally

Now this is cool, stone cold Steven Austin mentioned cody jinks on his podcast, and how he’s been jamming his music a lot lately.

So, what does everyone else’s top songs look like?

Attachments

• 1296734B-9A51-48FB-9A9B-4AB269EC1B13.png
    1296734B-9A51-48FB-9A9B-4AB269EC1B13.png
    255 KB · Views: 20
  • 3258AB46-19BF-4361-A749-4D83D823F6B1.png
    3258AB46-19BF-4361-A749-4D83D823F6B1.png
    242.2 KB · Views: 21
Not sure if anyone watches The Voice. But this 16 year old Chevel Shepherd is pretty amazing! Love the old sound to her voice.

I was bored..

Album of the year-cody Jinks, lifers

Top albums of 2018 (ranked)

1. Cody Jinks- lifers
  2. Ward Davis-asunder
  3. Dillon Carmichael- hell on an angel
  4. Colter wall-songs from the plain
  5. Whitey morgan-hard times and white lines
  6. Mike and the moon pies-steak night
  7. Brent Cobb- providence canyon
  8. Mickey Lamantia- every bad habit
  9. Austin lee- betting away my life
  10. Randall King-self titled
  11. Blackberry smoke-find a light
  12. Tom Buller- when a country boy gets the blues
  13. Josh card- with a heavy heart
  14. Jamie line Wilson-jumping over rocks
  15. Joshua Hadley- mr jukebox
  16. The comancheros-heavy and western
  17. Dustin James Clark -gypsy
  18. Jp Harris- sometimes dogs bark at nothing
  19. Josh turner- I serve a savior
  20. Dierks Bentley- the mountain
  21. Jason eady- I travel on.
  22. Dallas Moore- mr honkytonk
  23. Shooter Jennings- shooter

(forgot to include these albums, but they are great too) herbert island- Wcg... Girl going nowhere- ashley mcbryde

Song of the year-somewhere between I love you

Honorable mentions-

The devil don’t scare me-josh Ward

Head case-cody jinks

Death and life- Jamie Lin Wilson

Won’t chase your love-josh card

I’m talking to a girl- William michael morgan

Broken hearted- William michael morgan

If you’re wondering -josh card

Bench seat revival- drew Moreland

Live a lie- Ward Davis

Good and drunk- Ward Davis

The ones that didn’t make it back home-Justin moore

Fence posts -cody johnson

Live album of the year- Aaron Watson- live at the Houston rodeo.

Band of the year- the steel woods.

VN Store

Back