Country music thread

Talking East.

East has been hipster heavy for over a decade now.
I feel like we’ve hipstered up this thread honestly. That said, sometimes you gotta go back to that stuff you found as a kid. George Strait barely wrote anything, but could he deliver some seriously sad love songs. He’s a Mt Rushmore type for me. Trying to nail down just three more is becoming impossible. I can’t fathom not having Hank Sr and the other George, but there’s so many that could take the final spot

I feel like we’ve hipstered up this thread honestly. That said, sometimes you gotta go back to that stuff you found as a kid. George Strait barely wrote anything, but could he deliver some seriously sad love songs. He’s a Mt Rushmore type for me. Trying to nail down just three more is becoming impossible. I can’t fathom not having Hank Sr and the other George, but there’s so many that could take the final spot
Hank Sr has to be on there even if I personally don’t dig his stuff as much as others.

Maybe: Hank Sr., George Jones, Cash and Garth?

Hank Sr has to be on there even if I personally don’t dig his stuff as much as others.

I can't leave George Strait off. I "think" I would replace him and Garth from your list. Cash makes a ton of sense. But while I'm a fan of some of Cash's stuff, I'm not as big on him as most everyone else. I'd personally put Willie, Waylon, or Merle in over Cash. I really think mine would be Hank Sr, George Jones, Merle and Strait.

I can't leave George Strait off. I "think" I would replace him and Garth from your list. Cash makes a ton of sense. But while I'm a fan of some of Cash's stuff, I'm not as big on him as most everyone else. I'd personally put Willie, Waylon, or Merle in over Cash. I really think mine would be Hank Sr, George Jones, Merle and Strait.
Yeah, if I made a personal list it would probably look something like
Cash, Willie, Merle and Strait

But as far as impact on the genre, that becomes tougher to gauge.

Is this heaven? I believe this is heaven.

Attachments

• 53A0D781-84C4-4CE4-B11C-E16206423B9D.jpeg
    53A0D781-84C4-4CE4-B11C-E16206423B9D.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 4
Tickets are crazy high IMO. Willie is still Willie, if you haven't seen him I'd go by all means but I'm gonna pass.
I logged into the presale and the cheapest tickets were $79 so I held off.

I’ve never seen him live and figure there won’t be too many more chances so I think I might buy tickets closer to the show. Might have to pay more but money won’t be as tight after Christmas.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
What’s weird is Willie doing all these small theatre shows. Last time he came to town with Alison Krause and it was at TBA.

Saw Willie years ago in his prime.,awesome show.
I would love to see him again but I'm concerned I would be disappointed, but that's a good venue to see a legend

Saw Willie years ago in his prime.,awesome show.
I would love to see him again but I'm concerned I would be disappointed, but that's a good venue to see a legend
At this point it's more the experience than the performance, he can't really "sing" anymore, and has good and bad days

Reactions: Zues1

VN Store

Back